Audio drivers broken after Windows update

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Bastet's Avatar
    Posts : 1,719
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit
       #11

    Caledon Ken said:
    I think, and this needs to be be confirmed, that I saw somewhere that the WU carrying the Intel update has been ..... either paused or pulled.

    It has been one H3!! of a week. They really have to slow this down. 1809 not ready for prime time, 1809 CU updates causing boot issues with HP's (and Dell ??) devices, Intel driver stepping on others. They need a different approach to release and fire fight.

    Oh well, backup and then backup again.
    I’ve heard 1809 didn’t go to the pre-release group of insiders but was released directly from the slow ring, I don’t know if that or something similar is true but it would explain why these bugs weren’t caught before release.
      My Computer

  2. Caledon Ken's Avatar
    Posts : 24,214
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 2004
       #12

    Yes it did bypass the final insider stage but you have to wonder how Intel got caught so far out. Are they not part of the testing for their drivers and the CU crippling HP's. Was the error it was supposed to correct not identified in Fast or slow.

    They will implement new processes and procedures to prevent a re-occurrence and in two years someone will say, we don't need that step.

    Remember 1607 killing web cams.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 2
    10
       #13

    Ken I just got it fixed. My daughter-in-law had the same issue - we bought our computers at the same time. I almost had it when I first was trying to fix it, but i got a message that what i was doing may not be safe so I quit when I should have continued and save myself hours of stress!
      My Computer

  4. Bastet's Avatar
    Posts : 1,719
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit
       #14

    Caledon Ken said:
    Yes it did bypass the final insider stage but you have to wonder how Intel got caught so far out. Are they not part of the testing for their drivers and the CU crippling HP's. Was the error it was supposed to correct not identified in Fast or slow.

    They will implement new processes and procedures to prevent a re-occurrence and in two years someone will say, we don't need that step.

    Remember 1607 killing web cams.
    I sincerely hope that MS don’t skip the final insider stage again.

    Oh yes.
      My Computer

  5. Caledon Ken's Avatar
    Posts : 24,214
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 2004
       #15

    TwinTrish said:
    Ken I just got it fixed. My daughter-in-law had the same issue - we bought our computers at the same time. I almost had it when I first was trying to fix it, but i got a message that what i was doing may not be safe so I quit when I should have continued and save myself hours of stress!
    Glad you got it sorted. If you have the time could you say what you did. Lots of sound issues these days and solution help everyone.

    Thanks
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 3
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #16

    Thanks for the help from all of you guys. The sound is now working fine. I tried to scan my pc for drivers but the issue still remained.

    What fixed it was going into HP's drivers website and downloading the sound drivers for my laptop (Omen 15 ce005np) and installing them.
    One minor issue is that the little sound controller doesnt pop up in the task bar -> http://prntscr.com/l5frsn but it isnt that much of a problem since I can control the volume from the FN keys.

    By the way I am still on 1803 and not on 1809 so the issue didnt come from that.

    Sorry for the trouble and thanks again for being cooperative.
      My Computer

  7. Caledon Ken's Avatar
    Posts : 24,214
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 2004
       #17

    Can I ask what this icon is

    Audio drivers broken after Windows update-image.png
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 3
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #18

    Caledon Ken said:
    Can I ask what this icon is

    Audio drivers broken after Windows update-image.png
    Yes, it's called HP Audio Switch. Basically let's you chose where the audio is being sent to (headphones or speakers) and a equalizer.

    http://prntscr.com/l5tqnp Here's a picture of it.
      My Computer

  9. Caledon Ken's Avatar
    Posts : 24,214
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 2004
       #19

    This Intel Audio thing has been a ........

    Right click in a clear area of your task bar (where there are no icons), then at bottom of list "Taskbar settings", scroll down right hand side of page looking for link "Turn System Icons On or Off"

    Is your speaker enabled / on ?
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 174
    Windows 10
       #20

    Had the same issue and this post here fixed my issues got my sound back the way it was!!

    AMD HD Audio not working - Windows 10 Forums
      My Computer


 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:31.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums