Block audio from specific apps

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Hairy Scot's Avatar
    Posts : 139
    Windows 10 Pro X64 Version 1709 Build 16299.904
       #1

    Block audio from specific apps


    Other than the volume mixer, is there any way to block audio from specific applications?
    I'd prefer a solution that doesn't require action every time I run those apps.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 37,078
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 18860
       #2

    Hello Jim, :)

    Starting with Windows 10 build 17074, you can set the volume level per app in Settings.

    Adjust Volume Level of Individual Devices and Apps in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  3. Hairy Scot's Avatar
    Posts : 139
    Windows 10 Pro X64 Version 1709 Build 16299.904
    Thread Starter
       #3

    Brink said: View Post
    Hello Jim, :)

    Starting with Windows 10 build 17074, you can set the volume level per app in Settings.

    Adjust Volume Level of Individual Devices and Apps in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials
    When I go into Settings---System I don't see an option for sound.
    Attachment 186645

    If I search for sound I get:-

    Attachment 186646
    and when I select Sound from that panel I get:-
    Attachment 186647

    If I search for "App volume and device preferences" I get no results found.



    How do I get Build 17074?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    #4

    How do I get Build 17074?
    Beginning this Monday, this forum should/will have a link to the Media Creation Tool to acquire the April 2018 build.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    #5

    Brink said: View Post
    Hello Jim, :)

    Starting with Windows 10 build 17074, you can set the volume level per app in Settings.

    Adjust Volume Level of Individual Devices and Apps in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials
    Doesn't save the setting for the next time you open the app.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  6. Hairy Scot's Avatar
    Posts : 139
    Windows 10 Pro X64 Version 1709 Build 16299.904
    Thread Starter
       #6

    pyramid10 said: View Post
    Beginning this Monday, this forum should/will have a link to the Media Creation Tool to acquire the April 2018 build.
    Monday 30th. April?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7. Hairy Scot's Avatar
    Posts : 139
    Windows 10 Pro X64 Version 1709 Build 16299.904
    Thread Starter
       #7

    Edwin said: View Post
    Doesn't save the setting for the next time you open the app.
    Thanks for the heads up.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    #8

    From my perspective, tomorrow.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 37,078
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 18860
       #9

    Edwin said: View Post
    Doesn't save the setting for the next time you open the app.
    Hopefully, that will get sorted soon.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  10. Hairy Scot's Avatar
    Posts : 139
    Windows 10 Pro X64 Version 1709 Build 16299.904
    Thread Starter
       #10

    Brink said: View Post
    Hopefully, that will get sorted soon.
    I'll just have to be like Otis.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Related Threads
I use Dragon Medical Practice Edition to dictate charts at work. Frequently I will play music in the background. Windows 10 defaults to using my Dell's built-in speakers. When I make dictation corrections, Dragon is set to play the audio...
Does anyone know how to block specific Ports on a D-Link 3780 Router? I can't find instructions on how to block individual, specific ports, both inbound and outbound. Software Firewall on the computer isn't effective - blocking needs to be...
If say I wanted to block facebook from loading on a pc how would I go about doing this?
Hello, I am new to computing and have just bought a cheapish HP laptop which I use mainly for writing. However I would also like to use the music software. Put simply, when I load a CD into the drive, how do I transfer(upload?) this to the...
Was fixed
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:01.
Find Us