Classic Shell no longer in development, and now open source

Page 74 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2464727374
  1.    #731

    Of course that works; the point of curiosity is CS's search.

    @Josey Wales - just for thought as to CS's reliability: see
    Classic Shell View topic - Classic Shell Start Menu causes explorer lock up
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  2.    #732

    dalchina said: View Post
    Of course that works; the point of curiosity is CS's search.

    @Josey Wales - just for thought as to CS's reliability: see
    Classic Shell View topic - Classic Shell Start Menu causes explorer lock up
    I have never had windows explorer lock up with CS on any build of Windows 10. I never used CS's search or it's explorer.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    #733

    Be glad- but it can suddenly happen..after years of use.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  4.    #734

    Not bad though been using this upgrade in my windows 10 as well. Quite satisfied!!!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    #735

    f14tomcat said: View Post
    No, not on 1809, just Insiders and Release Preview.
    Got search/ Modern Settings working on my other PC with 1809.

    Fortunately the folder
    %LocalAppData%/Packages/windows.immersivecontrolpanel_cw5n1h2txyewy/LocalState/Indexed/Settings/en-GBwas not in fact empty as I'd thought. Curious, this is an almost continuously upgraded PC, whereas the other was a clean install of 1809.

    Once I had added the folder to my windows search indexed locations, I could see the Modern Settings segment of search results displayed by Open Shell. Unfortunately that's the PC I can't now use Open shell on as explorer hangs and crashes because of Open Shell (a recognised problem/bug/whatever) at some indeterminate point after logging in. Used to be fine for some years before).

    But I'm hoping I can now copy the en-GB content back to my other PC, and find it works there.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  6.    #736

    dalchina said: View Post
    Got search/ Modern Settings working on my other PC with 1809.

    Fortunately the folder
    %LocalAppData%/Packages/windows.immersivecontrolpanel_cw5n1h2txyewy/LocalState/Indexed/Settings/en-GBwas not in fact empty as I'd thought. Curious, this is an almost continuously upgraded PC, whereas the other was a clean install of 1809.

    Once I had added the folder to my windows search indexed locations, I could see the Modern Settings segment of search results displayed by Open Shell. Unfortunately that's the PC I can't now use Open shell on as explorer hangs and crashes because of Open Shell (a recognised problem/bug/whatever) at some indeterminate point after logging in. Used to be fine for some years before).

    But I'm hoping I can now copy the en-GB content back to my other PC, and find it works there.
    Open Shell is not the same as Classic Shell 4.3.1, CS works as designed.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    #737

    Question- in your opinion, which, if either, configures Indexing Options so the pertinent folder is indexed by Windows Search?
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  8.    #738

    dalchina said: View Post
    Question- in your opinion, which, if either, configures Indexing Options so the pertinent folder is indexed by Windows Search?
    The search box works as well, not my opinion , it is a fact. You can believe who you want.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 74 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2464727374

Related Threads
After uninstalling Classic Shell, my start menu on Windows 10 build (which is what Command Prompt tells me) decided to no longer function. I have been using this computer for over a year, while Classic Shell has been installed for the past 6...
The OpenThread Sandbox development kit from Dialog Semiconductor (For more semiconductors,go to :Kynix Electronics - Memory, Flash, IC, integrated circuits ,Electronic Components distributor )is now being shipped by Mouser Electronics. As a...
Title of thread says it all. Classic shell no longer works on 14332. Also tried another alternative to see if that works. No luck. Any workarounds for this?
classic shell in Software and Apps
Well it doesn't work on W10
Okay, I am not really attracted to the new Start Menu. So, I went ahead and installed the latest Classic Shell for Win 8. I didn't lose anything. It actually got better. Enjoy the short video. ...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:01.
Find Us