Windows 10: Windows Store Icon Not Changed on One Computer Solved

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    30 Oct 2017 #1

    Windows Store Icon Not Changed on One Computer


    Like the title says. The Windows Store icon has changed on two of my three computers. I assume it was tied to an update but afaict all three have the same updates.

    edit: I see the computer that the icon hasn't changed failed to install KB4032188, which did have issues it seems, but I assume the next cumulative update that did install contained what was in that one.


    Windows 10 Microsoft Store Icon Changed!!! - YouTube
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    31 Oct 2017 #2

    Hi, it's more that the Store (app) hasn't been updated. Apps are updated on a 4 hourly schedule by default, separately from Windows system files ('Windows updates').

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	13.1 KB 
ID:	161345
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    31 Oct 2017 #3

    dalchina said: View Post
    Hi, it's more that the Store (app) hasn't been updated. Apps are updated on a 4 hourly schedule by default, separately from Windows system files ('Windows updates').

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	13.1 KB 
ID:	161345
    Its been way more than four hours. Computer A and B updated days ago. Computer C has not. Computer C is on the most of them all.

    How do I force the icon to change?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    31 Oct 2017 #4

    That there's an update scan ever 4 hours doesn't mean it couldn't have been much longer ago that it changed.

    Whilst you can create your own store shortcut by dragging it from the Start menu, this isn't likely to be much help to you.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    31 Oct 2017 #5

    dalchina said: View Post
    That there's an update scan ever 4 hours doesn't mean it couldn't have been much longer ago that it changed.

    Whilst you can create your own store shortcut by dragging it from the Start menu, this isn't likely to be much help to you.
    Hence my question as to why it hasn't updated. There is obviously something wrong. It "should" have easily updated on its own by now.

    When you have three (really four but one isn't in use atm) computers configured exactly the same and two do what they are supposed to do its pretty logical imo to assume something is wrong with the the one that hasn't.

    Something may not be configured right on the odd computer but darn if I can figure it out. An icon not changing isn't the biggest deal but what issue is it really telling me there is?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    31 Oct 2017 #6

    I see what you mean- what's your Store version?

    (It took mine a while before it was updated compared to forum reports)

    You could try a manual scan from within the Store app
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	36.5 KB 
ID:	161395

    And check the update list - you should see updates within the last day if updates are being applied.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    31 Oct 2017 #7

    dalchina said: View Post
    I see what you mean- what's your Store version?

    (It took mine a while before it was updated compared to forum reports)

    You could try a manual scan from within the Store app
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	36.5 KB 
ID:	161395

    And check the update list - you should see updates within the last day if updates are being applied.
    I have auto app updates disabled, maybe that's it? But I thought that was for apps within the store/on my computer. Not the store itself.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    31 Oct 2017 #8

    That was it. Updated the Store app and the icon changed immediately. I could swear I had app auto updates disabled on my other computers but I guess not. Thanks for the help.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    31 Oct 2017 #9

    Great- glad it was easy. Note the Store tile is now 'dead'.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    31 Oct 2017 #10

    dalchina said: View Post
    Great- glad it was easy. Note the Store tile is now 'dead'.
    Which tile? The one in Start (or whatever its called) works as does the taskbar shortcut.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Related Threads
Hi, I was logged into the built-in administrator account when I downloaded the NPR1 app from the windows store. In order to proceed, I had to log into my microsoft.com account. The next time I restarted windows, I noticed the to log into the...
I only have limited space on my ssd, I have changed the default location within the setting storage menu to another drive but yet it still downloads to the C drive?? anyhelp Edit: Talking about downloading Windows store apps, specifically a game
icon of seagate hdd has changed in Drivers and Hardware
hello today i noticed that teh icon of seagate backup plus desktop drive has changed.how can i restore original icon?i have win10 x64
I've installed Win 10 on our two desktop PCs and one laptop. Clean installs, not upgrades. Previously they were all running Win 7 Pro/Ultimate. We had network sharing running without issues. After installing Win 10 I noticed all network profiles...
I've got a clean install version of Windows 10 10240 on my machine. The store Icon recently changed from the all white minimal version to the one shown in the image attached. The background color changes with the theme. Any idea why this has...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:36.
Find Us