1.    12 Sep 2017 #1
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 270
    Windows 10 Build 1703

    How to uninstall Onenote 2016


    I have successfully uninstalled Onenote using the Power Shell. Now I want to do the same with Onenote 2016 but can't figure out how to do it. I have right clicked Onenote 2016 in the Start Menu and then chosen Uninstalled but Onenote 2016 is still there.

    Will someone please help me here?

    Thank you.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    12 Sep 2017 #2
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Chicagoland
    Posts : 33,778
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & Insider 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by JJG10 View Post
    I have successfully uninstalled Onenote using the Power Shell. Now I want to do the same with Onenote 2016 but can't figure out how to do it. I have right clicked Onenote 2016 in the Start Menu and then chosen Uninstalled but Onenote 2016 is still there.

    Will someone please help me here?

    Thank you.
    Hi there. Open Settings app > Choose Apps > Find OneNote and click on it. You can also uninstall via the Store in your Library within the three-dot menu.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  3.    12 Sep 2017 #3
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 270
    Windows 10 Build 1703
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by HippsieGypsie View Post
    Hi there. Open Settings app > Choose Apps > Find OneNote and click on it. You can also uninstall via the Store in your Library within the three-dot menu.
    Thank you.

    I tried that and here is the result.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	1 
Size:	27.5 KB 
ID:	152924
    Same thing happens if I search for Onenote 2016

    Thanks again.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    12 Sep 2017 #4
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Chicagoland
    Posts : 33,778
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & Insider 10 Pro

    Hmm. Sounds like it's uninstalled then. Is there a tile for it? if so, unpin it. Does it show in your Start > All Apps? Does it show up in your Store Library?
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  5.    12 Sep 2017 #5
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 270
    Windows 10 Build 1703
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by HippsieGypsie View Post
    Hmm. Sounds like it's uninstalled then. Is there a tile for it? if so, unpin it. Does it show in your Start > All Apps? Does it show up in your Store Library?
    It is in Start. Onenote.exe is in c:\program files(X86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16 and it works as far as I can determine.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	17 
Size:	42.3 KB 
ID:	152927


    Don't know how to look in Store Library.

    Again, Thanks.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    12 Sep 2017 #6
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Chicagoland
    Posts : 33,778
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & Insider 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by JJG10 View Post
    It is in Start. Onenote.exe is in c:\program files(X86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16 and it works as far as I can determine.

    Don't know how to look in Store Library.

    Again, Thanks.
    Oh so it's a part of your Office suite. You uninstalled the UWP version. Not sure if it can be uninstalled then. It's not like the previous Office where one can choose which program gets installed. I think the best you can do is hide it.

    Open the Store > Click the three-dot menu at the top right > Click on "Show all" > find OneNote. Just checked and it can't be uninstalled that way either.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  7.    12 Sep 2017 #7
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 270
    Windows 10 Build 1703
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by HippsieGypsie View Post
    Oh so it's a part of your Office suite. You uninstalled the UWP version. Not sure if it can be uninstalled then. It's not like the previous Office where one can choose which program gets installed. I think the best you can do is hide it.

    Open the Store > Click the three-dot menu at the top right > Click on "Show all" > find OneNote. Just checked and it can't be uninstalled that way either.
    So be it then. I guess I'm stuck with it.

    Thank you for your help.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    12 Sep 2017 #8
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Chicagoland
    Posts : 33,778
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & Insider 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by JJG10 View Post
    So be it then. I guess I'm stuck with it.

    Thank you for your help.
    You're welcome. I just learned something as well. Never realized that with the O365. Been using office for years and use OneNote a lot.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  9.    12 Sep 2017 #9
    Join Date : Mar 2017
    Posts : 5,734
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by JJG10 View Post
    So be it then. I guess I'm stuck with it.

    Thank you for your help.
    When I used Office 2010 you were able to remove parts of it maybe your version is the same?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    12 Sep 2017 #10
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 270
    Windows 10 Build 1703
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Josey Wales View Post
    When I used Office 2010 you were able to remove parts of it maybe your version is the same?
    I started out with Office 2007 and am now at 365/2016. I miss the feature we used to have that allowed us add/remove parts of Office. At least they didn't mess around with Personal XLS.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Access OneNote for Windows 10 notebooks in OneNote 2010
I have spent hours trying to do something that should be simple, and have given up in frustration. I imported my Evernote notebooks into OneNote for Windows 10 successfully. According to Microsoft, I should be also able to view these notebooks in...
Software and Apps
Lost Horizontal Scroll after Creators Update in OneNote 2016 Only
I'm part of the IT team for a medical college. All of our students have i5 Surface Books. They're slowly getting the Creators update. We now have 2 students that have mysteriously lost the ability to scroll horizontally in OneNote 2016. This is...
General Support
Solved OneNote: Can I uninstall the OneNote APP from Windows 10?
I have OneNote 2010 installed and don't want the Windows 10 OneNote APP. How can I remove the app or keep it from opening when I click on shortcuts like this:...
Software and Apps
Major Issues with onenote 2016
Hi all, I'm having major issues with onenote 2016. All of a sudden I can't enter/edit text in the app. Word etc work fine. When I install Office, the "demo" notes work fine. Any ideas?
Software and Apps
Bing Image Search + OneNote & OneNote Online Spell Check update
Source: Bing Image Search + OneNote OneNote Online Spell Check update - Office Blogs
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:03.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums