Music only from one software with Windows 10


  1. Posts : 18
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
       #1

    Music only from one software with Windows 10


    Hello,

    does Windows 10 has built-in feature to enable music/sound only from one software where this music/sound comes from. So there will be no distracting sounds from system or other software.
    Very handy feature when browsing web and playing music at the same time.
    Last edited by Bushido1; 10 Sep 2017 at 09:54. Reason: typing mistake
      My Computer

  2. Edwin's Avatar
    Posts : 17,064
    Windows 10
       #2

    Bushido1 said:
    Hello,

    does Windows 10 has built-in feature to enable music/sound only from one software where this music/sound comes from. So there will be no distracting sounds from system or other software.
    Very handy feature when browsing web and playing music at the same time.
    You could right click the Speaker Icon in your System Tray and choose 'Open Volume Mixer' and set levels there:

    Music only from one software with Windows 10-000372.png

    Music only from one software with Windows 10-000373.png
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 18
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    Thread Starter
       #3

    Edwin said:
    You could right click the Speaker Icon in your System Tray and choose 'Open Volume Mixer' and set levels there:

    Music only from one software with Windows 10-000372.png

    Music only from one software with Windows 10-000373.png
    I have used "Volume mixer" for it. But it does not let regulate setting of software which have made no sound during the use of software.
    Software settings appear in "Volume mixer" only after a sound from software. I am trying to find a way which lets disable sound before the sound.
      My Computer

  4. Edwin's Avatar
    Posts : 17,064
    Windows 10
       #4

    Bushido1 said:
    I have used "Volume mixer" for it. But it does not let regulate setting of software which have made no sound during the use of software.
    Software settings appear in "Volume mixer" only after a sound from software. I am trying to find a way which lets disable sound before the sound.
    Yes, of course, however; the next time a particular program makes a sound, which you don't want, open the Volume Mixer and set its volume to 0, then it should stay that way from then on.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 18
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    Thread Starter
       #5

    Edwin said:
    Yes, of course, however; the next time a particular program makes a sound, which you don't want, open the Volume Mixer and set its volume to 0, then it should stay that way from then on.
    I see, thank you for the tip.
    But what to do after the software update? Then the setting shall be reset.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:40.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums