Windows 10: What Android Emulators do you recommend?


  1. Posts : 24
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
       04 Sep 2017 #1

    What Android Emulators do you recommend?


    I would need an Android Emulator, that runs Lollipop or above, and runs decent on "bad" computers (You can check my specs for that). There are a few that I already tried and they failed, sadly they are the only ones that I know of right now. Here they are:
    - Memu: Really buggy, almost unusable
    - Amiduos: This one worked really nice for a while, but for some reason months later it wouldn't start up. I was really sad for it.
    - Remix OS [ISO (In VMWare)]: I had so many problems setting it up, the resolution was messed up, and it was lagging real bad.
    - Remix OS (Player): Really laggy, froze computer
    - Android-x86 7.0 (In VMWare): It was ok for like two days, then it wouldn't start up anymore.

    So, if you have any ideas, recommendations, please post it here! Any kind of help is appreciated!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    04 Sep 2017 #2

    Nox is great but only does kit-kat I believe.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 18
    Windows 10 Professional x64
       05 Sep 2017 #3

    I have RemixOS dual-booting natively with my Windows 7 Pro on my hp eliteprobook 11" laptop.
    Works like a breeze.
    You can even install it on the same drive partition with Windows (not recommended tho).
    Can't figure out why it was messed up in your VMware, has something to do with vmware or it's settings, OR..
    or computer being slow :P
    My laptop is "only i5-4500U dual-core" and works quite fast, no lags.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 24
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       05 Sep 2017 #4

    cereberus said: View Post
    Nox is great but only does kit-kat I believe.
    The 5.0 minimum is an essential for me, cause I would use some apps that are only available for 5 or above. (I'm even a tester for some.)
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 24
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       05 Sep 2017 #5

    Kamala said: View Post
    I have RemixOS dual-booting natively with my Windows 7 Pro on my hp eliteprobook 11" laptop.
    Works like a breeze.
    You can even install it on the same drive partition with Windows (not recommended tho).
    Can't figure out why it was messed up in your VMware, has something to do with vmware or it's settings, OR..
    or computer being slow :P
    My laptop is "only i5-4500U dual-core" and works quite fast, no lags.
    Well, mine is what then if you say you "only" have an i5? Mine is "Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1007U @1.50GHz" from like 4 years ago, it doesn't even have a proper name like the "i" family.

    Oh, and I don't really want to dual boot, because other people use this computer as well, so I don't want to mess up anything, and I don't know how to do these kind of things.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 18
    Windows 10 Professional x64
       05 Sep 2017 #6

    DJBenLord said: View Post
    Oh, and I don't really want to dual boot, because other people use this computer as well, so I don't want to mess up anything, and I don't know how to do these kind of things.
    Hi.
    Make first backup of your windows with eg. Macrium Reflect FREE edition..
    You can then restore a working windows in minutes if something goes wrong..
    (Don't forget to make the recovery media for it!)
    Remix OS installation package is for Windows.
    You run it in Windows and it does everything automatically for you, and adds the option in boot menu.
    It will also add "uninstall" option in Windows for it.
    If you have such an old processor, I can assure you that RemixOS works a lot better for you, if you do above, and boot it natively rather than trying to use it in emulator,which is really slow for you.
    Cheers.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 24
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       05 Sep 2017 #7

    Kamala said: View Post
    Hi.
    Make first backup of your windows with eg. Macrium Reflect FREE edition..
    You can then restore a working windows in minutes if something goes wrong..
    (Don't forget to make the recovery media for it!)
    Remix OS installation package is for Windows.
    You run it in Windows and it does everything automatically for you, and adds the option in boot menu.
    It will also add "uninstall" option in Windows for it.
    If you have such an old processor, I can assure you that RemixOS works a lot better for you, if you do above, and boot it natively rather than trying to use it in emulator,which is really slow for you.
    Cheers.
    I also often want to transfer files to the Android part from Windows, which as I saw in tutorials, isn't that easy. So I'll just stay at a VM that I can run inside Windows.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 18
    Windows 10 Professional x64
       05 Sep 2017 #8

    DJBenLord said: View Post
    I also often want to transfer files to the Android part from Windows, which as I saw in tutorials, isn't that easy. So I'll just stay at a VM that I can run inside Windows.
    The Remix partition/directory will be visible in Windows, you can transfer files from Windows back and forth.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 24
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       05 Sep 2017 #9

    Kamala said: View Post
    The Remix partition/directory will be visible in Windows, you can transfer files from Windows back and forth.
    Oh, one more thing: Is the Windows partition safe from viruses? Because I test unsafe stuff also.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
Been having issues trying to run an Android emulator (Bluestacks, Nox, Memu amongst others) with them all giving a BSOD. I was puzzled because I found if I did a clean install it worked ok. Finally, it dawned on me that it might be related to...
Source: https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/virtualization/2017/01/27/no-more-out-of-memory-errors-for-windows-phone-emulators-in-windows-10-unless-youre-really-out-of-memory/
Hi, I hope someone can help me with this. After the big update to windows 10 recently all NES emulators play very slowly and laggy. Does anyone know why this might be? Thanks Any help appreciated.
Solved VPN Recommend? in Network and Sharing
Hi, I'm looking to use a VPN on Windows 10 plus my iPhone 5S, anyone know of any good ones? I was looking at a few but no idea if there any good, anyone know if they are good? IPVanish.com | The Best VPN Service Provider with Fast,...
Solved Any Free Andriod Emulators? in Software and Apps
Anyone know of a free android emulator that works on W10? I've been using an old version of Blue Stacks on 7, but since they went paid that bus drove off the cliff.:(
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:34.
Find Us