Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    01 Sep 2017 #11
    Join Date : Jan 2015
    UK, Midlands
    Posts : 10,976
    Win 10 Pro (1703)

    Compare this:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	105.8 KB 
ID:	151444
    (rt click on the file type shown, click Edit...)

    Compare
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	41.7 KB 
ID:	151446Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	42.9 KB 
ID:	151447Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	39.9 KB 
ID:	151448
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    01 Sep 2017 #12
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Padua, Veneto
    Posts : 26
    Windows 10 Home 64bit
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by dalchina View Post
    Compare this:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	105.8 KB 
ID:	151444
    (rt click on the file type shown, click Edit...)

    Compare
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	41.7 KB 
ID:	151446Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	42.9 KB 
ID:	151447Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	39.9 KB 
ID:	151448
    Thanks, I have to wait Monday to test, and let you know. Have a nice weekend!
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  3.    04 Sep 2017 #13
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Padua, Veneto
    Posts : 26
    Windows 10 Home 64bit
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by tulving View Post
    Thanks, I have to wait Monday to test, and let you know. Have a nice weekend!
    Hi dalchina, it seems I have some differeces, some maybe because I've installed the 64 bit version of Firefox.

    Let's see:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TypeMan2.png 
Views:	6 
Size:	27.5 KB 
ID:	151837

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Reg1.png 
Views:	1 
Size:	26.1 KB 
ID:	151838Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Reg2.png 
Views:	1 
Size:	28.4 KB 
ID:	151839Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Reg3.png 
Views:	1 
Size:	26.1 KB 
ID:	151840

    What do you think about?

    Thanks
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  4.    04 Sep 2017 #14
    Join Date : Jan 2015
    UK, Midlands
    Posts : 10,976
    Win 10 Pro (1703)

    Hi, I've no idea why you might have the extra string as part of the key name, I'm afraid. Yes, I use FF 32 bits rather than 64.

    However, you've said that the problem applies whichever browser you attempt to select, so my guess is we're not looking at the right thing, but I don't know where else to look - sorry.

    You could create a new user for test purposes and see if the behaviour is different then. Also check in Safe Mode if you've not already done that.

    Remember you said the icon was missing?
    See what you have here:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	71.6 KB 
ID:	151843
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    04 Sep 2017 #15
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Padua, Veneto
    Posts : 26
    Windows 10 Home 64bit
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by dalchina View Post
    Hi, I've no idea why you might have the extra string as part of the key name, I'm afraid. Yes, I use FF 32 bits rather than 64.

    However, you've said that the problem applies whichever browser you attempt to select, so my guess is we're not looking at the right thing, but I don't know where else to look - sorry.

    You could create a new user for test purposes and see if the behaviour is different then. Also check in Safe Mode if you've not already done that.
    Yes, already tried in Safe mode. I'm going to test unistalling 64 bit version and using 32, so I could let you know. Maybe this 64 bit installation messed the file association for all browsers in some way...
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  6.    04 Sep 2017 #16
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Padua, Veneto
    Posts : 26
    Windows 10 Home 64bit
    Thread Starter


    no way.....32 or 64 bit versions don't change, also unistalling all Firefox version and rebooting in Safe Mode, still double click on htm/html file doesn't work....

    Thank for your support...hope someone else could give me a tip or Windows will give a fix, since it seems that is quite early common problem on Windows 10 Pro 64 bit versions...
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  7.    04 Sep 2017 #17
    Join Date : Jan 2015
    UK, Midlands
    Posts : 10,976
    Win 10 Pro (1703)

    You could create a new user for test purposes and see if the behaviour is different then - as I said above.

    If it is, you know the problem is related to the user configuration; if not - it's deeper.

    In that case you could try an in-place upgrade repair install - which is relatively painless.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    04 Sep 2017 #18
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Padua, Veneto
    Posts : 26
    Windows 10 Home 64bit
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by dalchina View Post
    You could create a new user for test purposes and see if the behaviour is different then - as I said above.

    If it is, you know the problem is related to the user configuration; if not - it's deeper.

    In that case you could try an in-place upgrade repair install - which is relatively painless.
    Really?
    Look that I'm not full Administrator, but Administrator of the device (we are connected to a company domain), and I don't know if I could mess a lot to try fixing this....
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  9.    04 Sep 2017 #19
    Join Date : Jan 2015
    UK, Midlands
    Posts : 10,976
    Win 10 Pro (1703)

    Those are normal repair/diagnostic actions and should not be a surprise. However I can appreciate in some situations these are not activities a user can or should undertake.

    If you are in a company situation, I suggest you talk to your IT dept. I'll have to leave that with you. Good luck.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    04 Sep 2017 #20
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Padua, Veneto
    Posts : 26
    Windows 10 Home 64bit
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by dalchina View Post
    Those are normal repair/diagnostic actions and should not be a surprise. However I can appreciate in some situations these are not activities a user can or should undertake.

    If you are in a company situation, I suggest you talk to your IT dept. I'll have to leave that with you. Good luck.
    Yes, my IT dept talked that is just a tiny bug that I can workaround with Open command...

    Thank for your support!
      My ComputersSystem Spec

 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved No program associated with folders (Cannot double click to open)
Hi there folks. I'm pretty new to the forum side of things, (or at least this forum, that is) so I'll cut right to the chase! Recently, after performing a windows update I've become unable to open folders and drives, regardless of their location...
General Support
General Tips Open Items with Single-Click or Double-Click in Windows 10
How to Open Items with Single-Click or Double-Click in Windows 10 You can set Windows to open an item when you single-click/tap or double-click/tap on it. The single-click option allows you to open items (ex: files and folders) with a single...
Tutorials
Edge sometimes doesn't open when I click it
Does anyone find Edge on rare occasions does not open? I have it pinned to the taskbar and on very, very rare instances nothing opens. It's a very easy remedy, either reboot or quicker still if I go into taskmanager and kill the edge process. Then...
Browsers and Email
Right Click doesn't work on certain files if they are on Desktop
Okay, this is a weird one, I can right click on files if they are in a folder, or even folder view, but if the files is an image file *.jpg, *.png, etc... I am unable to do a right click on it. Sometimes I can see the menu pop up, but then it...
General Support
Do you have to double click to get Cortana to open?
I don't know if it's just me but I wanted to at least try Cortana so I moved my mouse down to the Cortana icon (as I shrunk it down to an icon as the search box takes up too much space) and now when I try to click on it, nothing happens on the first...
Software and Apps
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:30.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums