Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    20 Aug 2017 #1
    Join Date : Jun 2016
    UK
    Posts : 282
    Windows 10 Home 64 bit (with Creators OS)

    Can you identify this program please?


    It is used to markup web pages for instructional use. Here is a typical view of it, with two items marked:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	63 
Size:	25.2 KB 
ID:	149745

    I used to have it before a crash deleted all my programs and I can't remember its name.

    Thanks.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    20 Aug 2017 #2
    Join Date : Jul 2016
    Crewe Cheshire
    Posts : 1,458
    windows 10

    Microsoft one drive its part of windows ten update from the store also consider Google Drive this gives you 3 gigs extra storage
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    20 Aug 2017 #3
    Join Date : Jun 2016
    UK
    Posts : 282
    Windows 10 Home 64 bit (with Creators OS)
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Samuria View Post
    Microsoft one drive its part of windows ten update from the store also consider Google Drive this gives you 3 gigs extra storage
    A misunderstanding. My clip showed the app I am looking for, (the red circles) in use on something which happened to be a OneDrive window. The app I am looking for can mark up any image and has nothing to do with OneDrive itself.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled-1.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	45.1 KB 
ID:	149746
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    20 Aug 2017 #4
    Join Date : Aug 2014
    Forever West
    Posts : 3,926
    Win10 Home and Pro, Win10 Insider Preview, Win7 Home, Linux Mint

    You wouldn't be thinking of Paint/MSPaint, would you? If so it's still available in Start, W section, Windows Accessories and can handle screenshots created by pressing the PrntScrn key or Ctrl+V which sends the contents of the screen to the Clipboard for Paste into other programs. I use it every morning to get parts of the newspaper for printing.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    20 Aug 2017 #5
    Join Date : Jun 2016
    UK
    Posts : 282
    Windows 10 Home 64 bit (with Creators OS)
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Berton View Post
    You wouldn't be thinking of Paint/MSPaint, would you? If so it's still available in Start, W section, Windows Accessories and can handle screenshots created by pressing the PrntScrn key or Ctrl+V which sends the contents of the screen to the Clipboard for Paste into other programs. I use it every morning to get parts of the newspaper for printing.
    Thanks, but no. Its a stand-alone program.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    20 Aug 2017 #6
    Join Date : Aug 2014
    Forever West
    Posts : 3,926
    Win10 Home and Pro, Win10 Insider Preview, Win7 Home, Linux Mint

    There's a number of free and paid-for screenshot programs available on the 'net but difficult to say which you previously had, the "Any image you want" line on the image posted suggests that. The red items are pointing to OneDrive choices or shortcut properties.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    20 Aug 2017 #7
    Join Date : Feb 2014
    Posts : 9,363
    Windows 10 Professional

    Are you referring to this one?:

    Screenpresso
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.png 
Views:	49 
Size:	24.3 KB 
ID:	149762

    ... hover your mouse on it, you should get a 'mouse hover tip'
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  8.    22 Aug 2017 #8
    Join Date : Jun 2016
    UK
    Posts : 282
    Windows 10 Home 64 bit (with Creators OS)
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Berton View Post
    There's a number of free and paid-for screenshot programs available on the 'net but difficult to say which you previously had, the "Any image you want" line on the image posted suggests that. The red items are pointing to OneDrive choices or shortcut properties.
    Thanks. I am NOT looking for a utility to capture a screen or parts of a screen. I can do that already.

    What I am looking for is a utility for marking up/annotating an already captured screen image. I know it exists because I used it before I lost it in a crash. That utility has been used on this forum before.

    It is the utility used in the image made by someone and copy-posted by me in posts #1 and 3 in this thread. That utility is used to identify and emphasise several items on an already captured web page, for a tutorial or similar. That is, the utility used by the author of the image at #1 and 3 to create the red circles & pointer on the images at #1 and 3, (reproduced immediately below here):

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	27 
Size:	15.8 KB 
ID:	150020

    The utility offers other tools to mark up or annotate items on a captured web page. For example:





    When I last used that utility it allowed me to draw such things on an image of a captured web page, to draw attention to them. It offers several different objects including different sizes of arrows, all with a choice of colour.

    The name of that utility is what I am looking for.

    Thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.png  
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    22 Aug 2017 #9
    Join Date : Aug 2014
    Forever West
    Posts : 3,926
    Win10 Home and Pro, Win10 Insider Preview, Win7 Home, Linux Mint

    I understand your frustration, have clients also who can't recall what programs they use that didn't come with Windows. But like I said, there's lots of programs available that can do it, a good Search engine should find a long list of free and paid-for programs when searching key words such as screen capture markup. Just will need to look through the list to see if one comes to mind. I won't post a link to the Search engine I use and its results page/s as it may not be the one you have.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    22 Aug 2017 #10
    Join Date : Jun 2016
    UK
    Posts : 282
    Windows 10 Home 64 bit (with Creators OS)
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Berton View Post
    I understand your frustration, have clients also who can't recall what programs they use that didn't come with Windows. But like I said, there's lots of programs available that can do it, a good Search engine should find a long list of free and paid-for programs when searching key words such as screen capture markup. Just will need to look through the list to see if one comes to mind. I won't post a link to the Search engine I use and its results page/s as it may not be the one you have.
    I did lots of searches using things like screen capture markup but my target did not appear.

    However, Kari has found it, in his post at:

    Exclude from search - Page 3 - Windows 10 Forums

    The name of the utility is Screenpresso, which of course I recognise now!

    Thanks for your help.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved Help identify usb device
I didn`t have any issues in Device Manager with 1607, but Windows installed 1703 tonight, everything is fine but I found this small issue in Device Manager. Should I just start unplugging usb devices to see if maybe a connected usb device is causing...
Drivers and Hardware
Can anyone help identify this file?
I have found a file called runexehelper.exe in my Windows\System32 folder. It's creation date is similar to the rest of the Windows files for my current build (16199), but unlike all the other Windows files, it does not contain any Details...
AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
Help Identify some music
Hello, Maybe this is a strange, or not in place question, before posting it, I made a search and got nothing, so now I will ask you: Some days ago I listened to the radio - some classics, and heared a nice piece which I managed to record a few...
Chillout Room
Solved A challenge for the pro's. Can you help identify a reg key please.
Long story cut short... and this may be a far to simplistic approach but here goes...... I'm a great fan of Windows own Disk Imaging utility that is included with W10 BUT I have encountered one minor and one major issue. It seems that a restored...
General Support
SFC errors - how to identify/fix?
As one (not particularly hopeful) step in trouble-shooting a problem (Cortana not opening reliably) I used sfc /scannow from an elevated command. At its conclusion I got this message: "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was...
Performance & Maintenance
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:21.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums