Windows 10: Add Remove Programs Solved

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  1. Posts : 92
    64-bit 10240 10 Pro
       27 Jul 2015 #1

    Add Remove Programs


    I have access to the CP but when I click on add remove programs and try to remove one, I am redirected right back to the desktop. This type of Bug should have been solved months ago, oh wait It worked months ago but now 2 days from launch and it doesn't.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 20,872
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 16199
       27 Jul 2015 #2

    Hello Gary,

    It works just fine for me. You might see if you may be able to use one of the other options below instead.

    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...dows-10-a.html
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 92
    64-bit 10240 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       27 Jul 2015 #3

    Brink said: View Post
    Hello Gary,

    It works just fine for me. You might see if you may be able to use one of the other options below instead.

    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...dows-10-a.html
    Yes I can but that is not how it is suppose to work.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 20,872
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 16199
       27 Jul 2015 #4

    You could do a system restore using a restore point dated before this happened to undo whatever caused it for you.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 92
    64-bit 10240 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       27 Jul 2015 #5

    Did that and it did not work. You say it works for you. Did you upgrade from Windows 7?? It "works for me seems to be the number one answer here".. Anyway I am back on Windows 7 as this build is far from ready for prime time. If I go back to Windows 10 it will be long after the 29th.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 20,872
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 16199
       27 Jul 2015 #6

    "It works for me" is just a way to say that it's an issue on your PC and not the build itself.

    I did a clean install of 10166 and updated to 10240.

    I personally prefer clean installs to avoid the issues that can come from an upgrade.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 92
    64-bit 10240 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       27 Jul 2015 #7

    Brink said: View Post
    "It works for me" is just a way to say that it's an issue on your PC and not the build itself.

    I did a clean install of 10166 and updated to 10240.

    I personally prefer clean installs to avoid the issues that can come from an upgrade.

    Yes I know, but it is hard to do a clean upgrade and keep all of your programs. I will try again at a later date.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 20,872
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 16199
       27 Jul 2015 #8

    I hear you.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 92
    64-bit 10240 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       28 Jul 2015 #9

    I did a re install this morning and found out that the problems I had yesterday were between the chair and the keyboard-Pilot Error.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    28 Jul 2015 #10

    Gary said: View Post
    I have access to the CP but when I click on add remove programs and try to remove one, I am redirected right back to the desktop. This type of Bug should have been solved months ago, oh wait It worked months ago but now 2 days from launch and it doesn't.
    This issue was fixed in the most recent batch of updates.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Related Threads
Sorry for the newb question, but this is a great place for all things Win 10 already, so here goes.. For the best possible win 10 preview install, I think I should remove the following programs before I try it; am I paranoid, or do you guys...
Reminder Programs? in Software and Apps
Anyone know of any programs/apps similar to Reminderfox that runs in Windows 10?
programs not running... in Installation and Upgrade
Friends came over... wanted to show them the Windows 10 beta I am running. When i click on the start icon, nothing. When I click on IE-11 nothing. Yet when I click on File-explorer or FireFox there isn't a problem. I have rebooted and...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:17.
Find Us