Windows 10: Recording Phone Conversation To PC?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    12 Jul 2017 #1

    Recording Phone Conversation To PC?


    I need the help of the computing experts on here!

    I want to make a phone call using my home phone and then record it so I can listen to it later.

    I thought the best way to do this would be by using my PC.

    How can this be done?

    I'm running Windows 10 Pro.

    Thank you!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    12 Jul 2017 #2

    I forgot to say:

    During a call I'd like to record both my own voice and the other person's voice as well.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    12 Jul 2017 #3

    NiceAndShy said: View Post
    I forgot to say:

    During a call I'd like to record both my own voice and the other person's voice as well.
    I am not sure we can advise here as that is an illegal act in many countries, unless a law enforcement representative. It is permitted in UK PROVIDED you make it clear to the other person up front that you are recording this call and why.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    12 Jul 2017 #4

    Thanks, but I'm not doing anything illegal.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    12 Jul 2017 #5

    Federal law permits recording telephone calls and in-person conversations with the consent of at least one of the parties. See 18 U.S.C. 2511(2)(d). This is called a "one-party consent" law. Under a one-party consent law, you can record a phone call or conversation so long as you are a party to the conversation.
    Use speaker phone and a recording app.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    12 Jul 2017 #6

    Edwin said: View Post
    Use speaker phone and a recording app.
    Thank you!

    Is there a built-in app or feature in Windows 10 Pro that can do this?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    12 Jul 2017 #7

    NiceAndShy said: View Post
    Thank you!

    Is there a built-in app or feature in Windows 10 Pro that can do this?
    Yes, 'Voice Recorder'
    (it'll be an open air recording, so you need a mic and speakers; I use 'voice notes' with a smart phone)
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    12 Jul 2017 #8

    Thank you!

    I just opened and created a test recording using the "Voice Recorder" app and it worked.

    Is it possible for me to see that the recording is taking place while it's being recorded just so that I can be certain the recording is being created?

    I'm worried about this happening:
    I'm thinking that I'm recording a conversation, but in reality a recording isn't being created and when I end a conversation there's no recording for me to listen to...
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    12 Jul 2017 #9

    NiceAndShy said: View Post
    Thank you!

    I just opened and created a test recording using the "Voice Recorder" app and it worked.

    Is it possible for me to see that the recording is taking place while it's being recorded just so that I can be certain the recording is being created?

    I'm worried about this happening:
    I'm thinking that I'm recording a conversation, but in reality a recording isn't being created and when I end a conversation there's no recording for me to listen to...
    I suppose...,

    Monitor the time lapse in Voice Recorder, monitor your mic input, monitor the 'autosave' process in the folder.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000185.png 
Views:	6 
Size:	310.1 KB 
ID:	143606
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    12 Jul 2017 #10

    Edwin said: View Post
    Use speaker phone and a recording app.
    That is what I would suggest and it is legal in The US as long as one of the parties knows that it is being recorded and since you are one of them it is OK. It would be illegal to say record your say room mates calls.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Related Threads
Starting with Windows 10 Insider Preview build 10565, Skype messaging, calling and video capabilities come integrated into Windows 10 through the Messaging, Phone, and Skype video universal Windows apps. You can send Skype instant messages as...
Video making conversation in Chillout Room
Read more: Revolve is Microsoft's upcoming 'conversation starter' app for Windows Phone | Windows Central
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:44.
Find Us