Windows 10: Video editing?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    24 Jul 2015 #1

    Video editing?


    I haven't seen any mention of Movie Maker in any of the information on Windows 10. Will there be a Windows 10 version? If not will the old version still work under Windows 10?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 14,088
    Windows 10 Pro
       24 Jul 2015 #2

    I am using the Movie Maker from Windows Essentials 2012 without any issues to edit videos, for instance all my videos in this thread are first edited and narrated in Movie Maker before doing more advanced editing in Premiere Pro.

    Movie Maker is still alive and going strong! On download page select the Windows 7, 8 & 8.1 version: Get Movie Maker - Microsoft Windows


    Kari
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    24 Jul 2015 #3

    Kari said: View Post
    I am using the Movie Maker from Windows Essentials 2012 without any issues to edit videos, for instance all my videos in this thread are first edited and narrated in Movie Maker before doing more advanced editing in Premiere Pro.

    Movie Maker is still alive and going strong! On download page select the Windows 7, 8 & 8.1 version: Get Movie Maker - Microsoft Windows

    Kari
    Thanks Kari!

    That's a relief. I use Movie maker a lot as it's simple interface suits my purpose very well!

    Thanks for your prompt response!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    25 Jul 2015 #4

    could be nice though. if they updated it to todays standards. social networks/ 4k video(does it handle 4k?)
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    17 Nov 2015 #5

    Kari said: View Post
    I am using the Movie Maker from Windows Essentials 2012 without any issues to edit videos, for instance all my videos in this thread are first edited and narrated in Movie Maker before doing more advanced editing in Premiere Pro.

    Movie Maker is still alive and going strong! On download page select the Windows 7, 8 & 8.1 version: Get Movie Maker - Microsoft Windows


    Kari
    I downloaded it and it won't play videos taken with my digital camera.
    It will play the audio but there is not video.
    What can I do to fix this?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    1 Week Ago #6

    If anyone is looking for alternative video editing software after WMM was stopped being supported, here is a decent list of free tools working on Windows 10.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 49
    Windows 10 Pro
       1 Week Ago #7

    JMT said: View Post
    I haven't seen any mention of Movie Maker in any of the information on Windows 10. Will there be a Windows 10 version? If not will the old version still work under Windows 10?
    Yes I have it installed on my Windows 10 Pro v1803

    Go here and you will learn how to install any older devices and software. I even show Movie Maker Vista version installed on my system.

    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...=1526498844033

    Now for the best tip and advice to play every file type and format, including 4K in Windows Media Player, get Shark007 advanced codec pack, check one box play all in WMP, restart pc and you are set.
    Last edited by Barman58; 1 Week Ago at 04:19.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  •    1 Week Ago #8

    i think your best bet is to move away from MM as it is very outdated and restricted. Try something such as shotcut to edit with, its free and gives you a entry point to edit videos.

    Also the download page doesn't work for MM since it was discontinued, you could try the video editor built into the photos app of win 10 but once again its limited and doesn't offer a true video editing tool set.
    @Seahawks65 - VLC will let you play nearly every video format and doesn't require a machine restart or the installation of extra codecs, most people dont need a huge codec library now due to native file support in video players. Codec packs really are more useful if you are saving videos in a multitude of formats and even then it can get complicated very quickly due to how the files will be used.

    Also on the note of saving videos, programs such as shotcut allow you to alter the bitrate and unless you are playing a 4K file on a 4K monitor you rarely need to go over 5000kbps, even youtube files on HD only play at about 4000
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  •    1 Week Ago #9

    If you want to use something la Movie Maker, you can open video to edit using PHOTOS App. New MS video editor is embedded there, or so I have read this morning. I think it's worth a try.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  •    1 Week Ago #10

    Hitfilm express is the best they use it to make actual films. What format are the videos from your camera a lot of editors don't support .mov files unless you install QuickTime. A very good editor but it's not free is filmora it's cheap and has lots of transition and other tools loads use it to do YouTube video as it's so simple
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  •  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

    Related Threads
    Editing Start Menu in General Support
    In all versions of Windows in the past, I have been able to edit and arrange program shortcuts and folders on the start menu. In Windows 10, I can open the folders containing the start menu items and make the desired changes, deletes, etc... but...
    I'm coming to the end of my rope here. Win8.1 32bit OS. My audio/video editing needs are relatively simple, yet I only seem to find programs which are insultingly simplistic and don't offer the functions I need; needlessly overly complicated, or...
    Free Music Editing Software in Software and Apps
    I'm looking for software that can edit music files i.e. fade in/out, snipping, etc. Any suggestions? Cheers!
    Our Sites
    Site Links
    About Us
    Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

    Designer Media Ltd
    All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:21.
    Find Us