Onedrive has ceased allowing me to open any files stored in it

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

  1. Posts : 94
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit
       #1

    Onedrive has ceased allowing me to open any files stored in it


    Hi, onedrive has started acting funny ever since i rolled back windows from inside preview to latest stable.

    current windows version is 15063.413.

    If i open a text doc or word doc it gives me "file cannot be accessed by system"

    and if i open a pic it says "file may be corrupted".

    please help

    EDIT: when i try and move files from onedrive to another location, i get error '0x80070780"
      My Computer

  2. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 53,621
    Multi-boot Windows 10 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #2

    Groggubus said:
    Hi, onedrive has started acting funny ever since i rolled back windows from inside preview to latest stable.

    current windows version is 15063.413.

    If i open a text doc or word doc it gives me "file cannot be accessed by system"

    and if i open a pic it says "file may be corrupted".

    please help

    EDIT: when i try and move files from onedrive to another location, i get error '0x80070780"
    When you were on Insider, did you opt in for the new OneDrive option of using "Placeholders", files on demand? If you did, the structure may have changed your online files in some way, and going back to a release that doesn't support it yet may have the whole thing confused. It's only a guess at this point. The new OneDrive is very new and recent, and I haven't heard of anyone trying to go backwards from it. Again, just a theory. How did you go back to 15063?
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 94
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit
    Thread Starter
       #3

    back to 15063? im not sure i did. i rolled windows 10 back to a previous installation. i dont remember opting into "placeholders", as ive never heard of it.

    i just want to go back to the latest commerical build, with onedrive working
      My Computer

  4. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 53,621
    Multi-boot Windows 10 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #4

    Groggubus said:
    back to 15063? im not sure i did. i rolled windows 10 back to a previous installation. i dont remember opting into "placeholders", as ive never heard of it.

    i just want to go back to the latest commerical build, with onedrive working
    I understand, but how did you go back to the previous release? You can find out what you are running right now by doing this:


    • Hold down the Windows Key and press the letter R
    • Type winver and press the enter key
    • A display will come up that gives you the current OS you are running


    Please post the build number. And please post how you got to this release from Insider. What did you do to "rollback".
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 94
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit
    Thread Starter
       #5

    thanks btw, i think i rolled back to a previous version, but dont remember how i did it onedrive was working before. i hadnt checked it since rolling back until this morning.

    windows version 1703 (OS Build 15063.413)

    i might add that onedrive directs to a folder on a G:/ drive, (for games) that still works correctly. the drive is present and hasnt changed drive letters.
      My Computer

  6. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 53,621
    Multi-boot Windows 10 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #6

    Groggubus said:
    thanks btw, i think i rolled back to a previous version, but dont remember how i did it onedrive was working before. i hadnt checked it since rolling back until this morning.

    windows version 1703 (OS Build 15063.413)

    i might add that onedrive directs to a folder on a G:/ drive, (for games) that still works correctly. the drive is present and hasnt changed drive letters.
    Can you go to that folder on G: and access the folder and it's files? Not the games, your OneDrive files that are in the folder on the G: drive.
      My Computers

  7. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 53,621
    Multi-boot Windows 10 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #7

    It looks like in the process of rolling back, the location of the OneDrive folder is not in sync with where it expects to find it, which would be under your user folder as OneDrive.

    Please look at this tutorial and try to reset the location back to C: under your user name. If that works, and you still want it on G:, set it back using the same method.

    Change Location of OneDrive Folder in Windows 10 Windows 10 Customization Tutorials
      My Computers


  8. Posts : 94
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit
    Thread Starter
       #8

    i tried and i couldnt. i get this error when trying and copying files out of the onedrive on g. and i cant access them
    Attachment 141923
    also, i cant change the location of the onedrive, its stuck on g.

    i remember what i did now, i tried to do it again. i went into settings - update and security - recovery - reset this pc.

    however it failed. i just tried it again and it failed again. on my c drive theres no "windows.old" folder. there is a windows10upgrade folder.
      My Computer

  9. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 53,621
    Multi-boot Windows 10 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #9

    Groggubus said:
    i tried and i couldnt. i get this error when trying and copying files out of the onedrive on g. and i cant access them
    Attachment 141923
    i remember what i did now, i tried to do it again. i went into settings - update and security - recovery - reset this pc.

    however it failed. i just tried it again and it failed again. on my c drive theres no "windows.old" folder. there is a windows10upgrade folder.
    From what I recall, the RESET option does not work right from within an Insider build.

    Can you access and use your OneDrive files if you do it online? Like this:

    Onedrive has ceased allowing me to open any files stored in it-2017-06-30_21h09_34.png
      My Computers


  10. Posts : 94
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit
    Thread Starter
       #10

    yes i can view the files online.
      My Computer


 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:17.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums