1.    28 Jun 2017 #1
    Join Date : Jun 2017
    Posts : 5
    Windows 10

    Word 2016 hangs at saving file


    Hello guys!

    I have Windows 10 build 1703 and Office 2016 x64 installed on it.

    When I try to save or print any Word file it hangs.

    When I diconnect from Internet - everything is fine.

    Could you please help me solving the problem?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    28 Jun 2017 #2
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 2,859
    64bit Win 10 Pro ver 1709 Build 16299.64

    Hello r1sh,

    Have you made sure all the latest Office 2016 updates have been installed?

    There are a number of known issues with Word including one where you may have Malwarebytes 3.0. See https://support.office.com/en-gb/art...e-e337ae8f0b86
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  3.    28 Jun 2017 #3
    Join Date : Jun 2017
    Posts : 5
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by philc43 View Post
    Hello r1sh,

    Have you made sure all the latest Office 2016 updates have been installed?

    There are a number of known issues with Word including one where you may have Malwarebytes 3.0. See https://support.office.com/en-gb/art...e-e337ae8f0b86

    Yes, I've checked right now, all latest updates are installed.

    Word doesn't crash, it hangs for about 20 minutes or till I disable Internet on my laptop
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    28 Jun 2017 #4
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 2,859
    64bit Win 10 Pro ver 1709 Build 16299.64

    It could be worth checking in Event viewer to see if there were any errors or warnings issued at the same time as you try to save or print a Word file.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  5.    28 Jun 2017 #5
    Join Date : Jun 2017
    Posts : 5
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    I have checked Event Viewer, though Word doesn't crash, there is no error logs
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    28 Jun 2017 #6
    Join Date : Jan 2015
    UK, Midlands
    Posts : 10,938
    Win 10 Pro (1703)

    Hi,
    1. You could see what happens in
    a. Safe Mode
    b. After a clean boot

    2. Can you save from e.g. Wordpad to the same destination?

    3. Then there's this which solved this for some:
    Word 2016 Locking Up Constantly - Microsoft Community

    4. You can try this:
    Open Word in Safe Mode

    Check if you can save files in Safe Mode. Here's how: 1. Press the <Ctrl> key while you start Word

    2. Click Yes at the prompt to open in Safe Mode.

    3. Can you save the file? If yes, start Word normally.

    4. Click on the Microsoft Office Button

    5. Click on the Word Options button

    6. Click on Add-ins and check the active Application Add-ins listed. It's quite likely that one of the Add-ins is interfering.

    History: - note this is from 2015... and occurred with an old Windows build...
    Word 2016 Hangs When Saving Files in Windows 10, but a Fix is Coming
    it seems that his problems are also caused by the Windows 10 Build 10547, as we’ve reported about various other problems related to that particular build.
    I’m pleased to report that a fix has been identified and should be resolved in build 10550 of Windows 10."

      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    28 Jun 2017 #7
    Join Date : Aug 2014
    Forever West
    Posts : 3,921
    Win10 Home and Pro, Win10 Insider Preview, Win7 Home, Linux Mint

    The mention of Internet and time suggests to me a problem involving OneDrive.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    29 Jun 2017 #8
    Join Date : Jun 2017
    Posts : 5
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by dalchina View Post
    Hi,
    1. You could see what happens in
    a. Safe Mode
    b. After a clean boot

    2. Can you save from e.g. Wordpad to the same destination?

    3. Then there's this which solved this for some:
    Word 2016 Locking Up Constantly - Microsoft Community

    4. You can try this:
    Open Word in Safe Mode

    Check if you can save files in Safe Mode. Here's how: 1. Press the <Ctrl> key while you start Word

    2. Click Yes at the prompt to open in Safe Mode.

    3. Can you save the file? If yes, start Word normally.

    4. Click on the Microsoft Office Button

    5. Click on the Word Options button

    6. Click on Add-ins and check the active Application Add-ins listed. It's quite likely that one of the Add-ins is interfering.

    History: - note this is from 2015... and occurred with an old Windows build...
    Word 2016 Hangs When Saving Files in Windows 10, but a Fix is Coming





    I've tried to open in Safe mode, but it didn't help: I still can open file but when I try to save it or print it - it hangs
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    29 Jun 2017 #9
    Join Date : Jun 2017
    Posts : 5
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Berton View Post
    The mention of Internet and time suggests to me a problem involving OneDrive.
    i don't use onedrive...
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    29 Jun 2017 #10
    Join Date : Jan 2015
    UK, Midlands
    Posts : 10,938
    Win 10 Pro (1703)

    2. Can you save from e.g. Wordpad to the same destination?

    I find it very odd that it fails in Safe Mode, but works when you boot normally with the internet disconnected.

    I mentioned two different 'Safe Modes' -
    1. Where you boot Windows to Safe Mode e.g. via SHIFT + left click Restart
    2. Starting Word in Safe Mode

    To which were you referring? I don't know... I tried to make this very clear using numbered points.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Jump Lists Not working for Word 2016 or Excel 2016
so jump lists via my taskbar and windows 10, I'm not having much joy :-( I've just got a new desktop (Jan 2016) with windows 10 pre-loaded and I installed office 2010 - jump lists didn't work - so I thought I'll uninstall and install office 2016...
Software and Apps
Word 2016 is not using the up to date word document
Word 2016 is not using the up to date word document. When I go to save after opening up a brand new word doc. It tells me it will be updated to the latest word doc. I am using Office 2016 Pro on Windows 10 64bit HP laptop. Any advice would be...
Software and Apps
Solved Windows 10 Drag/Drop any file to Word 2013 and 2016 fails
Topic: I want to be able to drag a file from explorer, desktop, web browser link, etc; into Word 2013 and/or 2016. Software of importance Windows 10 x64 Office 2013 x64 Office 2016 x64 So to start off after upgrading from Windows 7...
Software and Apps
Nero Video 2016 hangs
Sorry if this has been asked before, please point to the appropriate thread. I have Nero 2016 installed and I noticed that when using Nero Video and import large video files (over 4GB) or many small segment (500MB) video files (over 5-6) it can...
Software and Apps
Word 2016 (office 365 subscription) docx saving slow
I noticed an issue when saving Word docx files on Office 2016. It's slow, I see a progress bar at the bottom right when it saves and it takes about 30 seconds to save. Okay it's large file with a couple hundred pages and a few hundred kb in size but...
Software and Apps
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:31.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums