Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    14 May 2017 #1
    Join Date : Mar 2017
    Posts : 5,865
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro

    Mail & Calendar App in Win 10 CU


    The windows app will not launch when accessed. Below is what I get:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MCL.png 
Views:	39 
Size:	5.4 KB 
ID:	135002

    I go to the store as directed and get this:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	39 
Size:	9.6 KB 
ID:	135003

    Then I get this over and over and over:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mc.png 
Views:	40 
Size:	12.2 KB 
ID:	135004


    I ran Sfc /SCANNOW and the results are below

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sfc.PNG 
Views:	3 
Size:	33.3 KB 
ID:	135005


    The only way to repair this is to do what I did in the store. If this was any other app I would not care. I seem to have a need for this one. Any Help would be appreciated.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    14 May 2017 #2
    Join Date : May 2017
    Posts : 95
    Windows 10 Pro

    try uninstalling with powershell
    get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

    then goto store and reinstall HTH
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    14 May 2017 #3
    Join Date : Mar 2017
    Posts : 5,865
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by jl2509 View Post
    try uninstalling with powershell
    get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

    then goto store and reinstall HTH
    What is HTH?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    14 May 2017 #4
    Join Date : May 2017
    Posts : 95
    Windows 10 Pro

    Hope this Helps

    then goto store and reinstall mail

    HTH
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    14 May 2017 #5
    Join Date : Mar 2017
    Posts : 5,865
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by jl2509 View Post
    Hope this Helps

    then goto store and reinstall mail

    HTH
    The same process as described in The OP starts all over again -SDTH
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    14 May 2017 #6
    Join Date : May 2017
    Posts : 95
    Windows 10 Pro

    To be clear, you uninstalled using the command line get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage and then reinstalled the mail app from the store?

    Have you tried Settings, Apps, select the Mail app, advanced settings, Reset?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    14 May 2017 #7
    Join Date : Mar 2017
    Posts : 5,865
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by jl2509 View Post
    To be clear, you uninstalled using the command line get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage and then reinstalled the mail app from the store?

    Have you tried Settings, Apps, select the Mail app, advanced settings, Reset?
    Yes and I have just completed an in place repair upgrade and when it restarted I had a Black screen. I am now back on Build 14393.1198. I wish I never heard of Windows 10.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    14 May 2017 #8
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 1,598
    Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)

    Quote Originally Posted by jl2509 View Post
    To be clear, you uninstalled using the command line get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage and then reinstalled the mail app from the store?

    Have you tried Settings, Apps, select the Mail app, advanced settings, Reset?
    i will second the suggestion to go settings, apps, advanced and reset. That has fixed non launching native MS apps for us a few times. Unfortunately I find the modern apps and store to be the most unpredictable aspect of windows 10. Personally I have also seen and heard of some unpredictable outcomes with powershell method that I would steer clear of it.

    if reset fails and you have system restore enabled try restoring to a time when you know the mail app was working. I really hosed up all the native apps a long time ago, it was actually a powershell method that made things far worse, but i had a restore point from before things went belly up and luckily it brought everything to rights.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    14 May 2017 #9
    Join Date : Mar 2017
    Posts : 5,865
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Scottyboy99 View Post
    i will second the suggestion to go settings, apps, advanced and reset. That has fixed non launching native MS apps for us a few times. Unfortunately I find the modern apps and store to be the most unpredictable aspect of windows 10. Personally I have also seen and heard of some unpredictable outcomes with powershell method that I would steer clear of it.

    if reset fails and you have system restore enabled try restoring to a time when you know the mail app was working. I really hosed up all the native apps a long time ago, it was actually a powershell method that made things far worse, but i had a restore point from before things went belly up and luckily it brought everything to rights.
    Try reading through a thread before making attempts to try something that I already did. When you see a green check mark on the thread it also means that it is solved or the OP wants no more help with the matter.

    Mail Calendar App in Win 10 CU Solved - Windows 10 Forums
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    15 May 2017 #10
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 1,598
    Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)

    I hope you enjoyed publicly admonishing me. Personally any response I get to something solved or otherwise I always appreciate. Anyway you will note that your response appeared whilst I was spending a long time typing on a smartphone to try and help you. So basically my reply crossed over with yours. I sincerely apologise for any aggravation and upset this has caused and will be more careful in the future!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
New Mail and Calendar (Insider) app brings "Focused" mail in Inbox
As title says: New Mail and Calendar (Insider) app brings "Focused" mail in Inbox. Too bad that user don't have more customization options. Some mail is put in "Focused" slot in Inbox. In my case, MS put some mail from last year in it. Option to...
Windows Insider
Mail and calendar app not pushing calendar entries to other devices
If I enter an appointment on the native calendar app it is not pushing these appointments to other devices or even the browser outlook.com calendar view. Should it be doing so? It works the other way around. So if I enter an appointment on my phone...
Software and Apps
Export calendar from Mail and Calendar for Windows 10 to Outlook 2016?
I'm trying to help a friend who has just installed Office 2016 on her computer, which was recently upgraded from Win7 to Win10. She's been using Outlook.com and has accumulated a fair amount of email, contacts and calendar appointments. I've...
Software and Apps
Import Outlook Calendar from cloud to the Mail and Calendar App?
Is this possible?
Software and Apps
Mail/Calendar: non-Gmail w/ Google Calendar, have to add account twice
Hi, I have a GMX e-mail address which I added as an "other" account in the Mail app. However, I also have a Google Calendar connected to this account. As an "other" account, I cannot see my Google calendar in the calendar app. If I add the...
Browsers and Email
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:06.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums