Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    01 May 2017 #1
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 36
    Microsoft Windows 10 Professional

    Identifying an App?


    Greetings!

    Somewhere around since the RS2 Update I'm experiencing an unknown app to occasionally pop up but also immediately closing itself making it impossible with just with the eyes to identify what it is as it happens too fast.

    From my impression it looks like the typical black Command Line Window but I'm not certain.

    I mostly notice this when I watch YouTube or a Video in full screen as it will then kick me out of it which is kind of starting to get annoying.

    What would be the best way to identifying this unknown app when/after it happened again?

    Thanks in Advance =)
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  2.    01 May 2017 #2
    Join Date : Apr 2015
    Posts : 12,826
    W10Prox64

    Hi.
    Please have a read of this thread, starting with post #13:
    Bitsadmin pops up randomly and immediately disappears. - Page 2 - Solved - Windows 10 Forums
    Specifically, the posts by Superfly.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    02 May 2017 #3
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 36
    Microsoft Windows 10 Professional
    Thread Starter

    Mhh... Neither the Powershell Command:
    Get-BitsTransfer -AllUsers | select -ExpandProperty FileList | Select -ExpandProperty RemoteName

    Nor the Bitsadmin Buster.exe mentioned in the thread gave me any immediate ( any ) results.

    I'll keep investigating this issue using the other suggestions mentioned in the thread.
    If all else fails I'll probably reformat the PC just to be sure =)
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  4.    02 May 2017 #4
    Join Date : Apr 2015
    Posts : 12,826
    W10Prox64

    Quote Originally Posted by Durahl View Post
    Mhh... Neither the Powershell Command:
    Get-BitsTransfer -AllUsers | select -ExpandProperty FileList | Select -ExpandProperty RemoteName

    Nor the Bitsadmin Buster.exe mentioned in the thread gave me any immediate ( any ) results.

    I'll keep investigating this issue using the other suggestions mentioned in the thread.
    If all else fails I'll probably reformat the PC just to be sure =)
    What were the results of the "Get-BitsTransfer -AllUsers..."?
    As Superfly said:
    If nothing is returned, BITS has nothing in it's queue. If then BitAdmin is displaying errors, some rogue app may be trying to transfer files.
    Next step may be ADWCleaner to check for nasties.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    02 May 2017 #5
    Join Date : Aug 2014
    Forever West
    Posts : 3,922
    Win10 Home and Pro, Win10 Insider Preview, Win7 Home, Linux Mint

    I get such a window on different versions of Windows when downloading from YouTube, seems to be completion of segments downloading into memory before completing the full video.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    02 May 2017 #6
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Florida
    Posts : 210
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

    You could try this program. I've used it for just such issues.

    focus - happydroid
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    03 May 2017 #7
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 36
    Microsoft Windows 10 Professional
    Thread Starter

    All right...

    Focus didn't quite help either as when it triggered, which appears to happen every hour at XX:33, the only thing it displayed was:
    No foreground application | Wed May 03 18:33:27 2017

    Knowing timed thing I also ran NVidia Shadow Record alongside it which managed to pick it up revealing:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	officebackgroundtaskmanager.png 
Views:	3 
Size:	84.7 KB 
ID:	133303
    officebackgroundtaskhandler.exe

    Doing a little research I arrived at the Task Sheduler:
    OfficeBackgroundTaskHandlerRegistration including a once every hour trigger.

    For now I disabled it and will now see how if it affects anything.

    Many thanks to anyone participating in this! =)
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  8.    03 May 2017 #8
    Join Date : Apr 2015
    Posts : 12,826
    W10Prox64

    Quote Originally Posted by Durahl View Post
    All right...

    Focus didn't quite help either as when it triggered, which appears to happen every hour at XX:33, the only thing it displayed was:
    No foreground application | Wed May 03 18:33:27 2017

    Knowing timed thing I also ran NVidia Shadow Record alongside it which managed to pick it up revealing:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	officebackgroundtaskmanager.png 
Views:	3 
Size:	84.7 KB 
ID:	133303
    officebackgroundtaskhandler.exe

    Doing a little research I arrived at the Task Sheduler:
    OfficeBackgroundTaskHandlerRegistration including a once every hour trigger.

    For now I disabled it and will now see how if it affects anything.

    Many thanks to anyone participating in this! =)
    Sounds good! Cheers!
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    08 May 2017 #9
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    California
    Posts : 60
    Windows 10 Pro

    I came across this same problem the past couple of days and noticed that it would happen every hour. This morning I finally fired up a screen recorder (Cyberlink) to see what the damn popup was. I was able to finally read the name and looking that up led me here. What is this background task supposed to do?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    08 May 2017 #10
    Join Date : Apr 2015
    Posts : 12,826
    W10Prox64

    Quote Originally Posted by GatsbyGlen View Post
    I came across this same problem the past couple of days and noticed that it would happen every hour. This morning I finally fired up a screen recorder (Cyberlink) to see what the damn popup was. I was able to finally read the name and looking that up led me here. What is this background task supposed to do?
    No idea. Maybe checking Office account activation? Are you on Insider? They are having problems with it ATM.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Identifying auto updates
There's a program in my computer, I suspect from Adobe, auto-downloading updates in the background, and I'd like to find out which program it is. I've checked Windows updates, update history, and it says "No updates have been installed yet." The...
Windows Updates and Activation
Cookies, identifying and cleaning.
My main computer is fairly ancient as far as OS goes, 5 - 6 years since last clean Windows install. While HW have changed it started with W7, Sp1 to 8 to 8.1 and all TP and insider builds since day one of W10. As you can imagine great pile of...
Browsers and Email
Identifying Hackers from TCPview utility - please help!
Hi there thanks for reading I had a problem 2 years ago with a gang trying to steal my ID and they accessed every part of my life through the computer (Apple at the time). Now on Windows and I am seeing strange things happen, password change loops...
AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
Solved 2 BSOD, Windows 10 64 bit, ntoskrnl.exe, need help identifying problem
I recently upgraded my PC and I recently started getting BSODs during my gaming time. Please help me identify the issue, I attached the rar of my dumpfile EDIT: After posting this thread I received a SECOND BSOD on a different issue. EDIT: I keep...
BSOD Crashes and Debugging
network identifying
so i just installed a new network driver and when i boot up afterwards the connection will say identifying for nearly 30seconds before i actually get a connection. ive tried reinstalling the driver but to awe
Network and Sharing
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:58.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums