Windows 10: Can you be signed into an app twice?

  1.    26 Apr 2017 #1

    Can you be signed into an app twice?


    Because if you can't I sure as hell have found the exception.

    It's that same annoying people app that I am having issues with on my phone, but on my laptop.

    ASUS Book Flip TP200 running the most recent Windows ten build.

    I'll just post the screenshot of what has happened.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	peopleapp.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	38.2 KB 
ID:	132170

    How can I fix this? I don't know how it got signed in twice.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 28,484
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 17643
       27 Apr 2017 #2

    Hello @Johninadelaide6,

    Yes, you sure can sign in to an app with more than one Microsoft account (MSA).

    You should be able to click/tap on the MSA you don't want, and click/tap on the "Delete account" option to remove it.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Delete_account.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	53.1 KB 
ID:	132295
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  3.    27 Apr 2017 #3

    Brink said: View Post
    Hello @Johninadelaide6,

    Yes, you sure can sign in to an app with more than one Microsoft account (MSA).

    You should be able to click/tap on the MSA you don't want, and click/tap on the "Delete account" option to remove it.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Delete_account.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	53.1 KB 
ID:	132295


    I did that. But my issue was that it was the same account, the email address in the screenshot which I pixelated was the same address but listed twice.

    I ended up deleting the account off the laptop and then signing in fresh as if I had not had on on the machine. Seems to have solved the issue but there's still the issue with people app not syncing on the laptop and on my phone, everywhere else it seems to work fine.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 28,484
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 17643
       27 Apr 2017 #4

    If you're signed in to both devices with the same MSA, then you might check to see if app synchronization is turned on for both the laptop and phone to see if that may be the issue.

    Turn On or Off App Synchronization Between Devices in Window 10 - Windows 10 Apps Features Tutorials

    App Sync Between Devices - Turn On or Off in Window 10 Mobile - Windows 10 Windows Phone Tutorials
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  5.    28 Apr 2017 #5

    Brink said: View Post
    If you're signed in to both devices with the same MSA, then you might check to see if app synchronization is turned on for both the laptop and phone to see if that may be the issue.

    Turn On or Off App Synchronization Between Devices in Window 10 - Windows 10 Apps Features Tutorials

    App Sync Between Devices - Turn On or Off in Window 10 Mobile - Windows 10 Windows Phone Tutorials


    Yep I have that set to "on" on all my devices to share app experiences.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 28,484
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 17643
       28 Apr 2017 #6

    I assume that you also already have sync settings turned on for your MSA on all devices.

    Turn On or Off Sync Settings for Microsoft Account in Windows 10 - Windows 10 User Accounts Tutorials
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  7.    28 Apr 2017 #7

    Brink said: View Post
    I assume that you also already have sync settings turned on for your MSA on all devices.

    Turn On or Off Sync Settings for Microsoft Account in Windows 10 - Windows 10 User Accounts Tutorials


    Yep.

    And everything except people seems to work well.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  • Posts : 28,484
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 17643
       28 Apr 2017 #8

    You could try re-registering the People app on your laptop using the command for "People" in Option Two of the tutorial below to see if that may help.

    Reinstall and Re-register Apps in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials

    If it doesn't seem like it did, then you see if fully resetting the People app may.

    Reset App in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Apps Features Tutorials
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  •    28 Apr 2017 #9

    Brink said: View Post
    You could try re-registering the People app on your laptop using the command for "People" in Option Two of the tutorial below to see if that may help.

    Reinstall and Re-register Apps in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials

    If it doesn't seem like it did, then you see if fully resetting the People app may.

    Reset App in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Apps Features Tutorials


    Thank you for the links I will check it out.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  •  

    Related Threads
    Just Signed Up Here... in Chillout Room
    It's really great for me to be here. I noticed that a few users are "VIP Users". Is it possible for me to donate to this site and get this VIP status? What does the VIP status give me?
    Update needs me signed in in Windows Updates and Activation
    Local admin account Installed Office 2010 and now Windows Update wnats to install a bunch of security updates Only they fail: "We couldn't download some updates because you were signed out of your account. Sign in with your account, try the update...
    I signed up for Flipboard and got the confirmation to my inbox. I clicked on the Open Flipboard and when I put in my userid and password, it did not like it. I then went to Forgot Userid and Password and put in my e-mail address (the same one that...
    Our Sites
    Site Links
    About Us
    Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

    Designer Media Ltd
    All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:18.
    Find Us