Windows 10: Reinstall GetOffice App

  1.    20 Mar 2017 #1

    Reinstall GetOffice App


    The GetOffice app has been unsuccessfully trying to update since 3/16 so I was able to uninstall it using powershell. and now I'm trying to reinstall and register it using the PowerShell command:

    PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Command "& {$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage *MicrosoftOfficeHub*).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest}"

    But I get an error that makes no sense to me. Can anyone tell where I've gone wrong?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture99.JPG 
Views:	1 
Size:	46.6 KB 
ID:	125963
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 8,333
    Windows 10 Professional
       20 Mar 2017 #2

    SoFine409 said: View Post
    The GetOffice app has been unsuccessfully trying to update since 3/16 so I was able to uninstall it using powershell. and now I'm trying to reinstall and register it using the PowerShell command:

    PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Command "& {$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage *MicrosoftOfficeHub*).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest}"

    But I get an error that makes no sense to me. Can anyone tell where I've gone wrong?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture99.JPG 
Views:	1 
Size:	46.6 KB 
ID:	125963
    Perhaps it's in your Apps Library in the Store, you could download it there.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000085.png 
Views:	10 
Size:	50.9 KB 
ID:	125966
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  3.    20 Mar 2017 #3

    Edwin said: View Post
    Perhaps it's in your Apps Library in the Store, you could download it there.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000085.png 
Views:	10 
Size:	50.9 KB 
ID:	125966
    When I went to my Apps Library, I noticed that the GetOffice apps successfully updated a few minutes ago so I assume that when I uninstalled it using PowerShell a little bit ago a fresh reinstall was triggered. I wasn't sure if that would happen or not but know I know that since its a default app it will be reinstalled nearly as soon as you uninstall it. FYI, I was trying to fix a series of 14 unsuccessful updates since 3/16 and I reasoned that an uninstall followed by a reinstall would do the trick. Looks like I succeeded with the help of MS in spite of myself!

    Thank you for the speedy help Edwin.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 79
    Win10 Home x64 - 1703
       20 Mar 2017 #4

    PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Command "& {$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage *MicrosoftOfficeHub*).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest}"
    I believe that command was meant to be run in a Command Prompt window.

    To run in PowerShell, its just this.
    $manifest = Get-AppxPackage *MicrosoftOfficeHub*).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    20 Mar 2017 #5

    Eagle51 said: View Post
    I believe that command was meant to be run in a Command Prompt window.

    To run in PowerShell, its just this.
    $manifest = Get-AppxPackage *MicrosoftOfficeHub*).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest
    Thanks Eagle. Good to know. I got the command from one of Brinks Tuts and a thought it said to run it in powershell. Glad it sorted itself sorted out but I am curious what crapped out the GetOffice App in the first place. It get stranger all the time. God help us when the creators update comes out, holy crap. Not looking forward to that.
    Bob
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
w10 reinstall in Installation and Upgrade
this is my first time any any forum i hope im doing it right. i have a 4month old dell inspiron 15 5555. it is running w10 home. i have a sony wireless head phones and the souund quality is equal to sitting inside a tin can. no luck from dell nor...
I bought Office 2016 months ago, but due to windows update failure I had to reinstall win10 thereby losing Office 2016. Can someone point me to a contact? I bought Office 2010 online from MS. TIA
Win 10 reinstall bug in Performance & Maintenance
I'm having this issue. My PC was running slow so I decided to wipe it and start again. When it was installing the win10 again it got stuck at 64% and wouldant go further even after a couple of hours. Now I'm trying to do it off a usb and it asks for...
Solved Can't reinstall W8 from W10 using CD in Installation and Upgrade
Hello, I'm trying to reinstall W8 using my CD but in the Windows Setup, clicking Upgrade gives me a Compatibility Report that tells me to remove the CD, restart my computer so Windows starts normally, then reinsert the CD to restart the upgrade....
What if - I need to reinstall?? in Installation and Upgrade
Will win 10 be with a backup? Can I order a backup reinstall disc? If I need to reinstall at a later date, is there a link?
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:41.
Find Us