Skype starts with boot

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. dencal's Avatar
    Posts : 2,847
    W10 Pro + W10 Preview
       02 Mar 2017 #11

    nkoss said: View Post
    What I want to do is PREVENT Skype from starting when I do a fresh boot.
    Open Skype, click QUIT SKYPE.....done.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  2.    02 Mar 2017 #12

    Look in 'Services' see if there is a skype or skype update entry. If so, set it manual.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  3.    02 Mar 2017 #13

    nkoss said: View Post
    How do I stop Skype from always starting when I boot my Windows 10 Pro system. I have looked in the 2 locations in the registry, in msconfig and in the startup folder, but no success. Is there another place to look?
    I use Skype for Desktop with an icon in the taskbar. Like you, I do not want it to start on boot. I disabled it's startup like this - Open Task Manager, then Startup tab. If Skype is there, just r-click then 'disable'.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    03 Mar 2017 #14

    mrgeek said: View Post
    I use Skype for Desktop with an icon in the taskbar. Like you, I do not want it to start on boot. I disabled it's startup like this - Open Task Manager, then Startup tab. If Skype is there, just r-click then 'disable'.
    There is nothing in the Startup tab that relates to Skype
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    03 Mar 2017 #15

    Eagle51 said: View Post
    Look in 'Services' see if there is a skype or skype update entry. If so, set it manual.
    I assume you mean the Services tab of Task Manager. There is a SkypeUpdate which is stopped and there is no way to set manual
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    03 Mar 2017 #16

    I'm assuming you are using Skype for desktop which puts icon in taskbar vs Win10 Skype App from Start Menu but in the screen in post 4, after you un-check "Start Skype when I start Windows", do not restart while still signed in. R-click taskbar icon, then Quit Skype, then reboot. Good Luck
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7. dencal's Avatar
    Posts : 2,847
    W10 Pro + W10 Preview
       03 Mar 2017 #17

    mrgeek said: View Post
    I'm assuming you are using Skype for desktop which puts icon in taskbar vs Win10 Skype App from Start Menu but in the screen in post 4, after you un-check "Start Skype when I start Windows", do not restart while still signed in. R-click taskbar icon, then Quit Skype, then reboot. Good Luck
    I told him this earlier....he just doesn't get it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    See posts #5...#7...#9 and #11.
    Last edited by dencal; 03 Mar 2017 at 11:17.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  8.    03 Mar 2017 #18

    nkoss said: View Post
    I assume you mean the Services tab of Task Manager. There is a SkypeUpdate which is stopped and there is no way to set manual
    In the Services tab of Task Manager .... Right on Click SypeUpdate / Open Services. Find SkypeUpdate / Right Click / Properties and check Startup Type. If Automatic change to Manual.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  9.    03 Mar 2017 #19

    Find SkypeUpdate / Right Click / Properties and check Startup Type. If Automatic change to Manual.

    Yes, that is how to change a run setting but Manual SkypeUpdate does not affect Program start. My SkypeUpdate is set to Automatic and Skype does not auto-start at boot hence it reads 'Stopped' under Task Manager Service tab.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    03 Mar 2017 #20

    dencal said: View Post
    I told him this earlier....he just doesn't get it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    See posts #5...#7...#9 and #11.
    Actually, I DO get it!!! You keep telling me how to stop Skype once it has started. I want to prevent Skype from even starting. I have tried everyone's suggestions and so far, no luck.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Related Threads
Hi I have an ASUS PC about three years old, when I turn it on the everything sounds normal, fans etc running, the white on black boot messages come on, then the meassage "Press DEL to enter setup" shows but nothing firther happens, pressing...
Hi Guys, This a bit of a puzzler: I recently upgraded my cable modem. Now, whenever I power on my PC, my web-browser (Firefox) automatically pops up and displays a web-page ("branded" with my ISP's logo) with a warning message telling me that my...
1 of 2 starts end up as a BSOD in BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Hello, When i start up my notebook half the time it hits a BSOD as it starts up (after windows load, or when you see the login screen) Thanks for your help.
Hi, after upgrading from Win7 Ultimate with Office 2007 to Won10 pro, every time I star Excel or Word or PowerPoint the Windows Installer screen appears and then asks for Microsoft Visual Studio Team System 2008 Development Edition.ENU disk. ...
since a recent update - can't remember which one - Windows10 will only boot from CD I have had to change the boot-up sequence in BIOS to enable this, as the system wouldn't boot from the main hard-drive.. - is this a common problem and is...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:43.
Find Us