Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    28 Jan 2017 #1
    Join Date : Feb 2016
    Posts : 51
    Windows 10 Home x64

    ABBYY FineReader 12 do not support Windows 10 with Ms Office 2016


    Windows 10 with Microsoft Office 2016 do not support ABBYY FineReader 12.
    I have to wait comparetible version.

    Any other replacement products?

    Thank you
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    28 Jan 2017 #2
    Join Date : Jan 2015
    UK, Midlands
    Posts : 10,493
    Win 10 Pro (1703)

    Hi, could you specify the incompatibility? I'm running Abbyy FR 11, but not MS Office.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    28 Jan 2017 #3
    Join Date : Feb 2016
    Posts : 51
    Windows 10 Home x64
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by dalchina View Post
    Hi, could you specify the incompatibility? I'm running Abbyy FR 11, but not MS Office.
    ABBYY crashes Office 16, Winword and Excel on Win10

    You go to its website, it does not mention Windows 10 and Office 2016 compatibility.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    28 Jan 2017 #4
    Join Date : Jan 2015
    UK, Midlands
    Posts : 10,493
    Win 10 Pro (1703)

    You could remove its toolbar in MS Office if that's the problem..

    There are other products, like ReadIris..

    I guess you've seen this:
    Office 2016 (Microsoft Word, Excel 2016) crashes at launch when FineReader or PDF Transformer is installed
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    28 Jan 2017 #5
    Join Date : Feb 2016
    Posts : 51
    Windows 10 Home x64
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by dalchina View Post
    You could remove its toolbar in MS Office if that's the problem.. what functionality are you missing? What are you doing when the crash occurs?

    There are other products, like ReadIris..
    I had not installed after I read the article above, I canceled it.

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...d-in-installed
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    28 Jan 2017 #6
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Poole Dorset UK
    Posts : 2,556
    Windows 10 x64 Home Version(1709) Build16299.19

    I use Arcobat Reader DC by Adobe
    Then go to tools and you can do whatever you want
    Works ok with Windows 10 and Office 365 and 2016
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    28 Jan 2017 #7
    Join Date : Feb 2016
    Posts : 51
    Windows 10 Home x64
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by hTconeM9user View Post
    I use Arcobat Reader DC by Adobe
    Then go to tools and you can do whatever you want
    Works ok with Windows 10 and Office 365 and 2016
    I am a multi-languages user, Chinese ( simplified and traditional ), Malays and English.
    I had used Adobe Acrobat Xi, my prefer languages did not work very well. Do not know Acrobat DC got improving or not?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    28 Jan 2017 #8
    Join Date : Jan 2015
    UK, Midlands
    Posts : 10,493
    Win 10 Pro (1703)

    I think kongming is looking for an OCR program - to work with scanned images e.g.
    Of course, some pdf editors e.g. include OCR capability for image-based pdfs.
    @kongming:
    Abbyyy FR adds a toolbar to office. The article you refer to deals with the interaction between the toolbar and the Office programs. The article I quoted
    I guess you've seen this:
    Office 2016 (Microsoft Word, Excel 2016) crashes at launch when FineReader or PDF Transformer is installed

    refers to an update to Abbyy FR to make it compatible with OFfice 2016.

    If you are considering purchasing Abbyy FR, you could always ask them for the exact position first, or if you have Office 2016 installed, download a trial of Abby FR and make sure you update it, as per the article. Although it should hopefully be the latest anyway.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    28 Jan 2017 #9
    Join Date : Feb 2016
    Posts : 51
    Windows 10 Home x64
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by dalchina View Post
    I think kongming is looking for an OCR program - to work with scanned images e.g.
    Of course, some pdf editors e.g. include OCR capability for image-based pdfs.
    @kongming:
    Abbyyy FR adds a toolbar to office. The article you refer to deals with the interaction between the toolbar and the Office programs. The article I quoted
    I guess you've seen this:
    Office 2016 (Microsoft Word, Excel 2016) crashes at launch when FineReader or PDF Transformer is installed

    refers to an update to Abbyy FR to make it compatible with OFfice 2016.

    If you are considering purchasing Abbyy FR, you could always ask them for the exact position first, or if you have Office 2016 installed, download a trial of Abby FR and make sure you update it, as per the article. Although it should hopefully be the latest anyway.

    Thank you you very much for your input.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    28 Jan 2017 #10
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Poole Dorset UK
    Posts : 2,556
    Windows 10 x64 Home Version(1709) Build16299.19

    Quote Originally Posted by kongming View Post
    I am a multi-languages user, Chinese ( simplified and traditional ), Malays and English.
    I had used Adobe Acrobat Xi, my prefer languages did not work very well. Do not know Acrobat DC got improving or not?
    Yes it has not long ago had an update to improve it
    But I think that is not what you are looking for
    Hope you get it sorted
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Office Office 2016 and Office 365 Current Channel ver. 1612 build 7668.2066
Source: Announcing December feature update for Office 2016 for Office 365 Version and build numbers of update channel releases for Office 365 clients Office 365 client update channel releases How to Check for Updates in Office 2016 for...
Windows 10 News
Office Insider Slow update for Office 2016 & Office 365 build 16.0.7466.2017
Update October 25, 2016: Now at Version 1610 (Build 7466.2023) for Current Channel (Office Insider Slow) Source: Announcing October Insider Slow update for Office 2016 for Office 365 - Microsoft Community
Windows 10 News
Office Office Lens comes to Windows 10 and adds Office 365 support
Source: Office Lens comes to Windows 10 and adds Office 365 support - Office Blogs
Windows 10 News
Office It's here! Office Insider Fast for Office 2016 on Windows
Source: It Office Insider Fast for Office 2016 on Windows - Microsoft Community How to Check for Updates in Office 2016 for Windows Office Insider Office Insider FAQs
Windows 10 News
Solved ABBYY crashes Office 16, Winword and Excel on Win10
This documents a problem not posted but solved by a friend. I'm posting it because when he called MS for help the solution was the first thing the tech suggested and I could find no reference to it on this site or anywhere else; therefore, it must...
Software and Apps
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:37.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums