Windows 10: Open Office OneNote from Action Center
Open Office OneNote from Action Center
Since I looked for this and found an answer not here I will share what worked for me to allow the Note icon from the Action Center to open the Office version of OneNote instead of the free version.
This has been tested on Build 14986.
1. Open Powershell As Admin and run the following command to remove the free OneNote
2. Open the Registry Editor
Get-AppxPackage *OneNote* | Remove-AppxPackage
3. Navigate to Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\onenote-cmd
4. Create a new Key named Shell under it
5. Under that, create a new Key named Open
6. Under that, create a new Key named Command
This should look like what the red arrow is pointing to.
7. Modify the (Default) string entry
8. Input the path of OneNote with quotes
This can be obtain easily from HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\onenote\Shell\Open\Command (the blue arrow).
If you copy the path from this value, do not include /hyperlink "%1"
This should work without any need for a reboot.
Action center won't open, when trying to open .jpg images it comes up with "The remove prodecure call failed" but if I try again it opens. When I open calculator the first time it's all grey, but if I close it and open it again it works fine....
How to Turn On or Off Action Center Always Open in Windows 10
In Windows 10, action center is where to find your app notifications, as well as quick actions, which give you quick access to commonly used settings and apps.
When you open the...
I had 8.1 with the sliding search bar and settings and it will not open. it opens up with Action Center..no X to get rid of the page.
I did add Cortona and wonder if she took over my slide search page. Not liking this already.
You cannot do it from settings. Doing so changes nothing. Or at least for me it wasnt. I did the below steps to get it to work.
1. Open full version of OneNote.
2. Right click on the default tab that opens.
3. Select Copy Link to Selection
I have the icon for new notifications but when I choose to ''Open Action Center'' nothing happens, also the WIN+A keys do not open it either. Can someone tell me what the matter is? I daily see the icon while hovering over with the mouse indicate...