New facebook update?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Scottyboy99's Avatar
    Posts : 2,259
    Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)
       #1

    New facebook update?


    One of our PCs has received a new facebook update through store for version 71.664.57956.0 whilst our main machine is not getting offered it. Is anyone else seeing an app update come through? Seems strange that our other machine remains on the older version 69.651.21211.0
      My Computer

  2. MoxieMomma's Avatar
    Posts : 824
    Win10/64 Pro 1511 (and 2 Win 7/64 Ult & Pro systems)
       #2

    Hi:

    I do not use that app.
    However, MS -- like all other software companies -- releases software updates and patches to a portion of users at a time.
    In other words, the entire world does not get updates all at once.
    Just because you have more than one computer in your household does not mean they will get updates at the same time, either.
    This gradual release is called "throttling".
    It's done both to balance server load and to watch for problems that may necessitate (for example) pulling a particular update.

    It's nothing to worry about.

    MM
      My Computer

  3. Scottyboy99's Avatar
    Posts : 2,259
    Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)
    Thread Starter
       #3

    Ok thank you
      My Computer

  4. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 53,665
    Multi-boot Windows 10 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #4

    Scottyboy99 said:
    One of our PCs has received a new facebook update through store for version 71.664.57956.0 whilst our main machine is not getting offered it. Is anyone else seeing an app update come through? Seems strange that our other machine remains on the older version 69.651.21211.0
    @Scottyboy99, you can always go to the Store, Downloads and Updates, Check for Updates. That may get you the update quicker than waiting in line.
      My Computers

  5. Scottyboy99's Avatar
    Posts : 2,259
    Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)
    Thread Starter
       #5

    Yes thank you. I'd already been doing that. I have auto updates of apps turned off so it's always a manual check. Unfortunately the update wasn't being offered on one PC, they both found app updates for camera and Mail & calendar but Facebook was only in the list on one machine and not the other. Maybe MM is right, I'll try again later. I just wanted to get the update done and dusted whilst the machine was on
      My Computer

  6. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 53,665
    Multi-boot Windows 10 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #6

    Scottyboy99 said:
    Yes thank you. I'd already been doing that. I have auto updates of apps turned off so it's always a manual check. Unfortunately the update wasn't being offered on one PC, they both found app updates for camera and Mail & calendar but Facebook was only in the list on one machine and not the other. Maybe MM is right, I'll try again later. I just wanted to get the update done and dusted whilst the machine was on
    Scotty, if it wasn't in the list (Downloads and Updates), check "My Library". If not there, search for it and install it again. It may be "stuck".
      My Computers

  7. Scottyboy99's Avatar
    Posts : 2,259
    Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)
    Thread Starter
       #7

    Thanks again. It's in my library. The issue is purely when doing a manual check for updates the new version isn't being offered for download. I can't see anything stuck. I still have the app in my start menu and it launches just fine. If I go to store and search for update the box says 'launch'. It just baffled me that one machine gets the update and the other is not yet finding it, so each machine is now running a different version of the app. Hopefully MM is right and sometimes app updates do not get offered all at the same time. As I'm thinking about it I'm sure some time ago I got a onenote update on one machine and not the other despite regular manual checks for updates. It didn't eventually show up on the other machine a day or two later. So I guess it does happen albeit rarely. It's just frustrating as I have just checked again and it still isn't offering. Just would of been nice to get it done and out of the way. I guess if it doesn't show within a couple days I'll assume it is problem of some kind

    Cheers
      My Computer

  8. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 53,665
    Multi-boot Windows 10 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #8

    Scottyboy99 said:
    Thanks again. It's in my library. The issue is purely when doing a manual check for updates the new version isn't being offered for download. I can't see anything stuck. I still have the app in my start menu and it launches just fine. If I go to store and search for update the box says 'launch'. It just baffled me that one machine gets the update and the other is not yet finding it, so each machine is now running a different version of the app. Hopefully MM is right and sometimes app updates do not get offered all at the same time. As I'm thinking about it I'm sure some time ago I got a onenote update on one machine and not the other despite regular manual checks for updates. It didn't eventually show up on the other machine a day or two later. So I guess it does happen albeit rarely. It's just frustrating as I have just checked again and it still isn't offering. Just would of been nice to get it done and out of the way. I guess if it doesn't show within a couple days I'll assume it is problem of some kind

    Cheers
    One last trick, if you want to. Uninstall the one you have and re-install from store. Don't know how much setup is required cause I don't use it.

    Orrrrrrrrrrrrr........ just wait!
      My Computers

  9. Scottyboy99's Avatar
    Posts : 2,259
    Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)
    Thread Starter
       #9

    I think that's good advice. What I will do is give it 24 hours and if no update becomes visible I will uninstall the app and then re install from the store as suggested

    cheers Wayne
      My Computer

  10. Scottyboy99's Avatar
    Posts : 2,259
    Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)
    Thread Starter
       #10

    I got impatient and I uninstalled the app, then re installed the app. Unfortunately it's still showing the as the 'older' version. Seems strange MS is not offering the update to everyone, I can't understand why a small ish app update would put too much strain on servers. Guess I'll need to wait it out

    EDIT : now 2 days later and still no new Facebook update being pushed to our main machine. I checked again just now and received an update do mail and calendar app but nothing for Facebook. How can MS take so long to push a small non bandwidth hungry app update to all machines. It seems ridiculous one machine is running an older version to the other
    Last edited by Scottyboy99; 13 Nov 2016 at 11:01.
      My Computer


 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:24.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums