Windows 10: Excel Preview Solved


  1. Posts : 24
    Windows 10 / Windows 10 Mobile
       05 Jun 2015 #1

    Excel Preview


    Can anyone tell me how to Save As? I don't see the option when I have edited a spreadsheet.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 901
    Windows IP 16199 Windows 14393.1198
       05 Jun 2015 #2

    Click File at the top left and click Save as. HTH.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture 100.JPG 
Views:	111 
Size:	12.7 KB 
ID:	20800
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 3,234
    Win10 Home and Pro, Win10 Insider Preview, Win7 Home, Linux Mint
       05 Jun 2015 #3

    The Excel Preview may be a little different from Excel. See if this page helps:
    Where is the Print Preview in Microsoft Excel 2010 and 2013
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 24
    Windows 10 / Windows 10 Mobile
    Thread Starter
       06 Jun 2015 #4

    There isnt a save as, but I found when you click save it allows you to change the file name.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 11,239
    Windows 10 Pro
       06 Jun 2015 #5

    mccririck said: View Post
    There isnt a save as, but I found when you click save it allows you to change the file name.
    I hope you realize that it only renames the file, the existing original file gets a new name. If you want the real "Save As" functionality, keep the original file with its original name and save a copy of it with another name, you need to select Save a copy of the file:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-06-06_16h11_40.png 
Views:	7 
Size:	30.4 KB 
ID:	20845
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 24
    Windows 10 / Windows 10 Mobile
    Thread Starter
       06 Jun 2015 #6

    Kari said: View Post
    I hope you realize that it only renames the file, the existing original file gets a new name. If you want the real "Save As" functionality, keep the original file with its original name and save a copy of it with another name, you need to select Save a copy of the file:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-06-06_16h11_40.png 
Views:	7 
Size:	30.4 KB 
ID:	20845
    Aha, didn't notice this, I was in a hurry. Luckily it hasn't caused a problem!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    06 Jun 2015 #7

    Office 2016 Preview has the 'Save As' option

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-06-06_22-03-14.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	36.4 KB 
ID:	20871
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 11,239
    Windows 10 Pro
       06 Jun 2015 #8

    AlanWade said: View Post
    Office 2016 Preview has the 'Save As' option
    Alan, Excel in Office 2016 Preview is not the same as the free Windows Store App Excel Preview. See here: Office Apps - Install and Use in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 24
    Windows 10 / Windows 10 Mobile
    Thread Starter
       06 Jun 2015 #9

    Kari said: View Post
    Alan, Excel in Office 2016 Preview is not the same as the free Windows Store App Excel Preview. See here: Office Apps - Install and Use in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
    I have now installed the Office 2016 preview. Thanks guys.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    10 Jun 2015 #10

    AlanWade said: View Post
    Office 2016 Preview has the 'Save As' option

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-06-06_22-03-14.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	36.4 KB 
ID:	20871
    Hi there

    Same as mine -- I downloaded the trial from Ms -- not the Store.

    Cheers
    jimbo
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
hi guys anyone having this problem witch i annoying. activating SMOOTH SCROLL does not change anything this time (or desactivating) anyone? thanks
Hi there For those of you who have MSDN or the last few days of TechNet and you want to keep your Keys for your downloads in a nice easy file do the following. 1) on the subscriber Product keys page chose EXPORT to XML 2) Save as an XML file...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:52.
Find Us