Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  1. Joined : Oct 2016
    Posts : 26
    Windows 10
       14 Oct 2016 #1

    List of programs gone after W10 update!


    I used to be able to left click on the windows icon and it would show me all the programs on my computer and let me open them. Most of the entries are gone after the anniversary update.
    Such as "windows accessories" and "windows administration tools".
    How can I restore that?

    My laptop didn't lose anything.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : May 2015
    Central IL
    Posts : 2,961
    EL Capitan
       14 Oct 2016 #2

    That is because Anniversary is a whole new version of Windows 10. If you want those programs back, you will need to install them again.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3.    14 Oct 2016 #3

    Toller said: View Post
    I used to be able to left click on the windows icon and it would show me all the programs on my computer and let me open them. Most of the entries are gone after the anniversary update.
    Such as "windows accessories" and "windows administration tools".
    How can I restore that?

    My laptop didn't lose anything.
    They're in folders near the bottom of the Menu:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000071.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	114.7 KB 
ID:	105983
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Mar 2014
    Cape Breton Nova Scotia ,Canada
    Posts : 2,848
    insider build 10586.3 win10 pro 64
       14 Oct 2016 #4

    start apps


    still there just under W... open start ,click on a letter or symbol and it will show all letters ,pick the one that is the first letter in the apps name .or something like that
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot (3).png   Screenshot (1).png  
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Oct 2016
    Posts : 26
    Windows 10
       14 Oct 2016 #5

    Edwin said: View Post
    They're in folders near the bottom of the Menu:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000071.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	114.7 KB 
ID:	105983
    No, they are not there. They were there before I upgraded, and they are still on my laptop after it's undate.
    I tried to snip mine, but it disappears as soon as I click on new...

    I read something somewhere about reindexing. Anything to that?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Mar 2014
    Cape Breton Nova Scotia ,Canada
    Posts : 2,848
    insider build 10586.3 win10 pro 64
       14 Oct 2016 #6

    they removed the all apps icon, check the pics I posted of the start button opened
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Oct 2016
    Posts : 26
    Windows 10
       14 Oct 2016 #7

    caperjack said: View Post
    still there just under W... open start ,click on a letter or symbol and it will show all letters ,pick the one that is the first letter in the apps name .or something like that
    No, clinking on the W does nothing. The only thing under W is weather and it doesn't even work! In fact most of the things there don't work.

    I have attached a photo of my list.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails screen.jpg  
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8.    14 Oct 2016 #8

    Toller said: View Post
    No, clinking on the W does nothing. The only thing under W is weather and it doesn't even work! In fact most of the things there don't work.

    I have attached a photo of my list.
    Your Start Menu may have gotten corrupt, type shell:appsfolder into a Run box and see if anything exists there.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Oct 2016
    Posts : 26
    Windows 10
       14 Oct 2016 #9

    Edwin said: View Post
    Your Start Menu may have gotten corrupt, type shell:appsfolder into a Run box and see if anything exists there.
    It shows a whole lot of applications. It didn't group the windows accessories together, but I think they were all there. How do I uncorrupt the start menu?
    Thanks
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10.    14 Oct 2016 #10

    Toller said: View Post
    It shows a whole lot of applications. It didn't group the windows accessories together, but I think they were all there. How do I uncorrupt the start menu?
    Thanks
    Try SFC Scannow first; option 3 here:
    SFC Command - Run in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
    (read all the instructions carefully)
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Lots of programs are missing from the Programs & Features list
Just noticed when I was about to upgrade one of my applications by starting to uninstall the current version that it wasn't no longer in the list of installed programs and lots of other programs are gone too. Did some Google searching for this...
Software and Apps
Solved Any way to add programs to default list?
I use Eudora 7.1 for email in Windows 10. It's an old program that is no longer supported; however, it works perfectly. But it's not showing as my default email program and isn't listed among available choices. Is there any way to add it to the...
Software and Apps
Solved windows 10 programs list
hi,this is my first post to anywhere please bear with me. just upgraded to windows 10 and my computer says that no programs are installed on this computer,though everything is running fine ,thanks
Software and Apps
Add/remove programs from Most Used List
​Hi to the list. First apologize if i am posting in the wrong section. I have passe from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I rember that on the windows 7 i could drag and drop in the start menu all the programs i use mostly and in the mean time i could...
Software and Apps
Programs list
Hello all can anyone tell me where i can find a list of programs so i can start them Thanks
General Support
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:56.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums