1.    23 Sep 2016 #1
    Join Date : May 2016
    Posts : 9
    Windows 10

    installing ms Office 2007 pro error


    while trying to install ms Office 2007 pro in win 10 v1607(anniversary edition) I get a message that simply says the installation encountered an error. Any one out y ideas?

    Thanks, jim
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    23 Sep 2016 #2
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 824
    Win10/64 Pro 1511 (and 2 Win 7/64 Ult & Pro systems)

    Hello and welcome @jimdot:

    A bit more information would help us to better help you.

    Questions, for starters:
    1. Are you logged into Windows from an Admin account, or standard/limited account?
    2. Are you installing Office 2007 from a download or from physical media?
    3. At what point does the process fail?
    4. What is the exact error message or code, e.g. from the Windows event viewer (and/or: a screen shot would be very helpful)?


    Thanks,

    MM
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    24 Sep 2016 #3
    Join Date : May 2016
    Posts : 9
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by MoxieMomma View Post
    Hello and welcome @jimdot:

    A bit more information would help us to better help you.

    Questions, for starters:
    1. Are you logged into Windows from an Admin account, or standard/limited account?
    2. Are you installing Office 2007 from a download or from physical media?
    3. At what point does the process fail?
    4. What is the exact error message or code, e.g. from the Windows event viewer (and/or: a screen shot would be very helpful)?


    Thanks,

    MM
    Ans. 1 Logged in as my Admin account.
    Ans. 2 Installing from an extracted ISO file on my HDD
    Ans. 3. Very shortly after I execute the Startup.Exe
    Ans. 4. No error code displays. Just says "Installation encountered an error" Only option is to close the window.

    Running Win 10 Pro( ver. 1607 Anniversary Edition)

    I have had to do a complete Fresh re-installation from scratch of the above Win 10 version for various reasons & have installed Office Pro 2007 without any problems, multiple time,,, until now!!! I have also tried to install it by booting into Safe Mode & still gotten the same error.

    Makes no sense to me??? Hope I've answered all your question accurately.

    Thanks, Jim
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    24 Sep 2016 #4
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 824
    Win10/64 Pro 1511 (and 2 Win 7/64 Ult & Pro systems)

    Hi:

    Quote Originally Posted by jimdot View Post
    I have had to do a complete Fresh re-installation from scratch of the above Win 10 version for various reasons & have installed Office Pro 2007 without any problems, multiple time,,, until now!!! I have also tried to install it by booting into Safe Mode & still gotten the same error.
    I'm no expert, but it sure sounds as if there is something amiss with some or all of these:
    • Your Win10 installation
    • Your hardware
    • Perhaps the MS Office 2007 iso that you have used "multiple times"


    Assuming your hardware is OK....
    ...I would probably start with sfc /scannow and DISM.

    Then I would start fresh with MS Office 2007, rather than using the old iso.
    Here is a MS tutorial:

    Download Earlier Versions of Office


    Please let us know if this resolves your issue.

    Thanks,
    MM
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    24 Sep 2016 #5
    Join Date : May 2016
    Posts : 9
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by MoxieMomma View Post
    Hi:



    I'm no expert, but it sure sounds as if there is something amiss with some or all of these:
    • Your Win10 installation
    • Your hardware
    • Perhaps the MS Office 2007 iso that you have used "multiple times"


    Assuming your hardware is OK....
    ...I would probably start with sfc /scannow and DISM.

    Then I would start fresh with MS Office 2007, rather than using the old iso.
    Here is a MS tutorial:

    Download Earlier Versions of Office


    Please let us know if this resolves your issue.

    Thanks,
    MM
    Thanks for the MM. I was able to solve the issue by restoring an image copy backup to 1 of those times when office did install correctly.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Error installing Office 2010 on Win 10, requires Windows 2008 SP2
Hi. First post here. I've been volunteering at our local library, providing some tech support. I finally got all their computers upgraded to Window 10 just before the end of July( and the free upgrade period ). I hadn't noticed at the time...
Software and Apps
Error installing Office 2016
HELP!!! I always get an error before the installer finish its installation. In my Previous OS(Windows 7 Ultimate), Office 2016 works fine. Few weeks after Installing Windows 10, something went wrong and everytime I open Word it asks to repair it. I...
Software and Apps
Office 2007 Installation
My computer froze during office 2007 installation. I then removed the pre-installed office 2013 product and tried to install office 2007. It will not install now. Need some help.
Software and Apps
.Net 4.5 error on installing Office 2013
Hi, I am trying to reinstall Office 2013 after upgrading to Windows 10. The installer comes up with the error "Setup is unable to proceed due to the following error - This product requires .Net Framework 4.5": 26812 When I try to install .Net...
Software and Apps
Solved Office 2007 & Win 10
I noticed my office 2007 Pro isn't updating since i upgraded to windows 10. Outlook, Word etc. I have check other Microsoft devices in update settings. Anyone else notice this also?
Software and Apps
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:14.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums