"This app is no longer available" message every bootup


  1. Posts : 70
    windows 10
       #1

    "This app is no longer available" message every bootup


    Hi,

    I had a windows 10 auto update the other day and since then the following message popsup in message centre everytime I bootup;


    This app is no longer available


    Intel ® widi is no longer available because it doesn't work on this version of windows


    My laptop came with windows 10 clean install and my wifi still works, but having the message keep coming up is getting a bit tedious.

    Would be grateful if anyone can offer me any (idiot proof) advice to sort this,

    Thanks





      My Computer


  2. Posts : 222
    Windows 10
       #2

    Hello,

    Can you find the program in the Program and Application list and delete it from there or disable the autostarter in task manager?
      My Computer

  3. Barman58's Avatar
    Posts : 3,924
    Windows 10 Pro x64 2004 - 19041 - 264 XP/Vista/Win7/Win8.1 in VM for testing
       #3

    Intel ® widi is a Wireless Display driver previously supplied by Intel, It is now discontinued by Intel so there's no way to make it work any more, It is completely different from the normal WiFi system

    Right click on the takbar, select Task manager, (if needed select show more), select the start-up tab and look for an entry that relates to Intel ® widi , (look for WiDI or intel ), and set it to disabled.

    If you cannot find it or it still happens after re-boot let us know and we can look at more options

      My Computers


  4. Posts : 70
    windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #4

    Barman58 said:
    Intel ® widi is a Wireless Display driver previously supplied by Intel, It is now discontinued by Intel so there's no way to make it work any more, It is completely different from the normal WiFi system

    Right click on the takbar, select Task manager, (if needed select show more), select the start-up tab and look for an entry that relates to Intel ® widi , (look for WiDI or intel ), and set it to disabled.

    If you cannot find it or it still happens after re-boot let us know and we can look at more options



    Thanks for the replies guys,

    This answers a question for me Barman, because when I clicked on the message in action centre it takes me to a webpage that says;



    Your app doesn't work with Windows 10

    The app you're trying to use was blocked from opening because it might damage your PC or result in loss of data. This is because some apps that worked with a previous version of Windows might not work in the same way with Windows 10.

    Go to the support website for the app developer, and check if a new or updated version of this app is available for Windows 10.




    So I wasn't sure whether I need to try and reinstall the app, or disable something to get rid of the message. Obviously as per your advice I now know it's the latter, which is handy.

    I followed the steps but I can't see anything in start-up tab that fits the description?, (as per screenshot);



    fig1

    "This app is no longer available" message every bootup-untitled-picture.png
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 70
    windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #5

    If I right click on the message in action centre I get an option to;

    turn off notifications for this group

    I wonder if this would sort the issue? (although I'm concerned the word 'group' means I might not get some other potentially important notifications, not sure)
      My Computer

  6. OldMike65's Avatar
    Posts : 106,259
    Windows10 Pro (x64) 20H2 19042.870
       #6

    ouroboros72 said:
    If I right click on the message in action centre I get an option to;

    turn off notifications for this group

    I wonder if this would sort the issue? (although I'm concerned the word 'group' means I might not get some other potentially important notifications, not sure)
    See if you can find it in your Config System Screen.
    Hit your Windows Key and your "R" key When your run command opens up, type "msconfig" Without the Quotes.
    That will bring you too this screen.
    "This app is no longer available" message every bootup-config1.png
    Once here, hit your Services Tab and scroll thru everything and look for anything by Intel, and look at its description. You might be able to find it here, and turn it off. Save your changes and reboot. And see if that helps you.
    "This app is no longer available" message every bootup-config3.png
    Click Hide All Microsoft Services 1st, before looking for the Intel services loaded.
    Last edited by OldMike65; 20 Aug 2016 at 17:03.
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 70
    windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #7

    OldMike65 said:
    See if you can find it in your Config System Screen.
    Hit your Windows Key and your "R" key When your run command opens up, type "msconfig" Without the Quotes.
    That will bring you too this screen.
    "This app is no longer available" message every bootup-config1.png
    Once here, hit your Services Tab and scroll thru everything and look for anything by Intel, and look at its description. You might be able to find it here, and turn it off. Save your changes and reboot. And see if that helps you.
    "This app is no longer available" message every bootup-config3.png
    Click Hide All Microsoft Services 1st, before looking for the Intel services loaded.


    Yes, that solved it.

    "Intel ® Widi software asset manager", was listed, and disabling it sorted the issue.

    Perfect instructions for me, I really appreciate your help again Mike.

    Cheers.
      My Computer

  8. OldMike65's Avatar
    Posts : 106,259
    Windows10 Pro (x64) 20H2 19042.870
       #8

    ouroboros72 said:
    Yes, that solved it.

    "Intel ® Widi software asset manager", was listed, and disabling it sorted the issue.

    Perfect instructions for me, I really appreciate your help again Mike.

    Cheers.

    That is GREAT News !!! Glad it helped solve your issue
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:02.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums