How to bring back Photo Viewer Behaviour in Win 10


  1. Posts : 3
    10
       #1

    How to bring back Photo Viewer Behaviour in Win 10


    Hi guys, I just want to ask whether it is possible to bring back a certain behaviour from win 7,8 on Photo Viewer to win 10.

    How to bring back Photo Viewer Behaviour in Win 10-aaa.jpg

    From the image I uploaded, Win 7-8 would open all images on selected items+selected folders(wallpaper and zGa Jelas) on the photo viewer. Now on win 10, I didn't expect that this feature would be removed. Is there a way to bring this behaviour back?

    I'm sorry if my wording isn't right or this has been asked before. Thank you.

    EDIT: I've updated my laptop from Win 8. So I already have Win photo viewer.
    Last edited by lumine99; 09 Aug 2016 at 03:33.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 164
    Pro x64 Desktop v1607 14393.51, Home x64 Laptop v1607 14393.51
       #2
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 17,831
    Windows 10
       #3

    lumine99 said:
    Hi guys, I just want to ask whether it is possible to bring back a certain behaviour from win 7,8 on Photo Viewer to win 10.

    How to bring back Photo Viewer Behaviour in Win 10-aaa.jpg

    From the image I uploaded, Win 7-8 would open all images on selected items+selected folders(wallpaper and zGa Jelas) on the photo viewer. Now on win 10, I didn't expect that this feature would be removed. Is there a way to bring this behaviour back?

    I'm sorry if my wording isn't right or this has been asked before. Thank you.
    Hello @lumine99, welcome to tenforums.com! :)

    Yes but, you would need to right click on a single image first to get the 'Preview' option from the right click context menu; 'Preview' will not appear when right clicking on a folder only.

    As an alternative, you could right click a folder(s) and choose 'Play with Windows Media Player', that will play the entire folder(s) as a slideshow within WMP.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 3
    10
    Thread Starter
       #4

    Edwin said:
    Hello @lumine99, welcome to tenforums.com! :)

    Yes but, you would need to right click on a single image first to get the 'Preview' option from the right click context menu; 'Preview' will not appear when right clicking on a folder only.

    As an alternative, you could right click a folder(s) and choose 'Play with Windows Media Player', that will play the entire folder(s) as a slideshow within WMP.
    Uhh I want to open all photos selected AND all photos on the folders. I know that right click+ preview would work on single image. But based on the scenario that I've uploaded there isn't a preview option.

    As of WMP, it works, but I can't use zoom in/zoom out. Though it kinda works. But will it work on zipped images?
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 3
    10
    Thread Starter
       #5

    Thanks this works. Used the "3. To Restore Windows Photo Viewer for All Users with Sort Order Fix"
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 17,831
    Windows 10
       #6

    lumine99 said:
    Uhh I want to open all photos selected AND all photos on the folders. I know that right click+ preview would work on single image. But based on the scenario that I've uploaded there isn't a preview option.

    As of WMP, it works, but I can't use zoom in/zoom out. Though it kinda works. But will it work on zipped images?
    Select a number of items/folders, right click on the single image, choose Preview, then you will be able to view those selected items including the items in the folders only. (but starting with the single images)

    How to bring back Photo Viewer Behaviour in Win 10-000267.png
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 22
    Windows 10 V 1607 (OS-version 14393.1358)
       #7

    That did it for me as opposed to the registry key the (otherwise great site) HowToGeek tout on their page.

    It didn't do anything for me. Other than help add to the registry clutter as if it weren't bad enough as it is.

    PS: forgot to say thanks... and I don't like to appear a lout. Hence the red face. Because I treasure advice that helps and that someone, (a complete stranger at that) has taken the time to investigate and post a reply expecting nothing in return but kudos if it helped. And because...

    How to bring back Photo Viewer Behaviour in Win 10-00-glory-70x76.jpg
    Glory be! Windows Photo Viewer is back.
    Last edited by Kokopelli; 03 Sep 2016 at 11:19. Reason: Forgetfulness
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:19.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums