Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

  1. Joined : Feb 2015
    Bamberg Germany
    Posts : 12,923
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 14393 Multiprocessor Free
       10 Aug 2016 #31

    simrick said: View Post
    So Cliff, looks to me like this (but want your opinion):

    I have 2 systems not yet updated to v1607, and 1 system on v1607, (but the scheduled backup still ran - figure that one out!).

    I have not made any of the interim fixes. Backups are scheduled to run on the 15th, as usual.

    So, if I just update Macrium and make no changes to my schedules, they will still run as if nothing every happened, right?

    Thanks.
    @simrick,
    See this post at Macrium Forums, and follow the KB link: Schedules no longer work after Anniversary Update
    Last edited by Cliff S; 11 Aug 2016 at 00:33.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2.    10 Aug 2016 #32

    The first recommended method works for me.

    You will need to edit the Macrium task(s) properties in Windows Task Scheduler.
    Open Task Scheduler Library 'Right-Click' on the Macrium Task and 'Click' properties.
    Change the "Configure For" drop down menu to Windows 10.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Feb 2015
    Bamberg Germany
    Posts : 12,923
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 14393 Multiprocessor Free
       10 Aug 2016 #33

    wreckwriter said: View Post
    The first recommended method works for me.

    You will need to edit the Macrium task(s) properties in Windows Task Scheduler.
    Open Task Scheduler Library 'Right-Click' on the Macrium Task and 'Click' properties.
    Change the "Configure For" drop down menu to Windows 10.
    If you update Reflect, you don't need to do all that. And if you already have, and then got the update after, you need to recreate your schedule.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4.    10 Aug 2016 #34

    Cliff S said: View Post
    If you update Reflect, you don't need to do all that. And if you already have, and then got the update after, you need to recreate your schedule.
    Didn't know update came out. Just updated, will redo schedules. Thanks!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Feb 2015
    Bamberg Germany
    Posts : 12,923
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 14393 Multiprocessor Free
       10 Aug 2016 #35

    wreckwriter said: View Post
    Didn't know update came out. Just updated, will redo schedules. Thanks!
    Your welcome, before you recreate your schedules, go to Task Manager and delete the "old" task.
    Then recreate the new one, and it should look like this(if like me you only run one schedule):
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image 001.png 
Views:	4 
Size:	387.5 KB 
ID:	95397
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Feb 2015
    Bamberg Germany
    Posts : 12,923
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 14393 Multiprocessor Free
       10 Aug 2016 #36

    Note   Note
    The reason to recreate the task, is the old one will still run, after the "configure for" work around, but it will not show up in The Macrium Reflect UI(scheduled backup's tab):
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image 002.png 
Views:	1 
Size:	57.4 KB 
ID:	95401
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Apr 2015
    Posts : 9,154
    W10Prox64
       10 Aug 2016 #37

    Cliff S said: View Post
    @simrick,
    See this post at Macrium Forums, and follow the KB link.
    hmmm....Server/DNS not found?

    I've read here:
    Windows 10 Aniversary Update issues - KnowledgeBase - Macrium Reflect Knowledgebase

    Please note that after updating Macrium Reflect, as with previous releases, scheduled tasks will be created with the 'Configure for' option set to 'Windows Server 2003, Windows XP and Windows 2000' and the option 'Run whether user is logged on or not' set.
    If you have not modified your scheduled tasks using the Windows 10 Task Scheduler UI then installing this release will enable your scheduled backups to run again without any further intervention.
    So, since I have made no modifications to any of my scheduled backup tasks, I should be okay.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Sep 2014
    New Orleans Northshore
    Posts : 133
    Win 10 pro Upgraded from 8.1
       11 Aug 2016 #38

    Yes you should, I had used the work around to backup only when user is logged on. So after the MR Update I in Task Scheduler, changed back to backup whether user is logged on or not. every thing is back to normal.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Sep 2016
    Posts : 2
    Windows 10
       16 Sep 2016 #39

    Not fully fixed


    Macrium's latest updates only partially fix this problem. I have two definition files, one for each of two separate hard drives, scheduled to run each day. For each definition, a full image is made every Monday and a differential is made every other day.

    If they are scheduled to run at a time when the pc is on, they both work and report 0x00 Successful. If the pc is not switched on at the scheduled time, one of them runs and completes but reports error 0x800710e0 and the other does not run at all and also reports error 0x800710e0.

    Prior to the Windows 10 Anniversary Update, both definition files were scheduled to run at 5:00am before the pc is switched on so that they ran as soon as it was. Both ran successfully and reported 0x00Success.

    The actual time of scheduling seems unimportant - same time, slight difference or large difference. Before the Win10 upgrade they worked, now they do not unless the pc is running. The actual time the pc is switched on can vary by many hours and I really want these images to be created first thing, hence my concern.

    I have reinstalled, recreated and reconfigured; the issue remains. I would much appreciate any help - with the free version of Macrium I cannot ask on their forum.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10.    16 Sep 2016 #40

    smithxl said: View Post
    Macrium's latest updates only partially fix this problem. I have two definition files, one for each of two separate hard drives, scheduled to run each day. For each definition, a full image is made every Monday and a differential is made every other day.

    If they are scheduled to run at a time when the pc is on, they both work and report 0x00 Successful. If the pc is not switched on at the scheduled time, one of them runs and completes but reports error 0x800710e0 and the other does not run at all and also reports error 0x800710e0.

    Prior to the Windows 10 Anniversary Update, both definition files were scheduled to run at 5:00am before the pc is switched on so that they ran as soon as it was. Both ran successfully and reported 0x00Success.

    The actual time of scheduling seems unimportant - same time, slight difference or large difference. Before the Win10 upgrade they worked, now they do not unless the pc is running. The actual time the pc is switched on can vary by many hours and I really want these images to be created first thing, hence my concern.

    I have reinstalled, recreated and reconfigured; the issue remains. I would much appreciate any help - with the free version of Macrium I cannot ask on their forum.
    Reflect turned the PC on?? I must be misreading.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved New Macrium Reflect Update
This probably belongs in the Security section because system image/reimage is probably the second most important thing after your AV. Macrium Reflect v6.3.1665
Software and Apps
Solved Macrium Reflect credential problem
The scheduled, daily image failed the 28 and 29 both with the error couldn't find the *.xml file. The backup had been doing fine for the past 3 or so weeks. Coincidentally, the program didn't recognize the user name or password. The user name was...
Software and Apps
New Macrium Reflect Update
New Macrium Reflect Update ready to be downloaded and updated Version 6.1 Build 1225
Software and Apps
Solved Macrium reflect rescue usb problem
Though this belongs to Win 7 32 bit but I think people here may have answer to my problem. I created a Macrium USB pen drive (fat 16 formatted) but PC is not booting this pen drive and error comes up - operating system missing). PC first boot device...
Software and Apps
Solved Macrium Reflect Windows PE files update?
Hi All, I have the free Macrium Reflect 6 program, which recently updated to 6.1.879. When I try to make a USB rescue media, it says that an update has been found for my Windows PE files??? How do I update that? The program itself is up to...
Software and Apps
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:29.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums