The Right Codec For Windows 10

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  1. Posts : 31
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0,Build 18362)
       #1

    The Right Codec For Windows 10


    Hi, I have some video files in mp4, avi, and etc.... for putting on a dvd disc. What is the best Codec's Pack to install please? Any and all help is greatly appreciated and many thanks.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 772
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
       #2

    I would suggest you use VLC media player as a default viewer. Its free and plays everything I tried to play.

    http://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html
      My Computer

  3. Winuser's Avatar
    Posts : 6,994
    Windows 10 Pro Insider
       #3

    artic said:
    Hi, I have some video files in mp4, avi, and etc.... for putting on a dvd disc. What is the best Codec's Pack to install please? Any and all help is greatly appreciated and many thanks.
    If you just want to view your video files on your computer than I agree with the suggestion to use VLC Media Player.
      My Computers


  4. Posts : 772
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
       #4

    Also another suggestion if you really want to install a codec pac you could go to https://ninite.com/ and select K-Lite Codecs, you can also install VLC media player at the same time.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 2
    Windows 10
       #5

    Winuser said:
    If you just want to view your video files on your computer than I agree with the suggestion to use VLC Media Player.

    Or PotPlayer: it plays all video formats like VLC, but it has many more features, and the interface is more "mouse friendly".
      My Computer

  6. Steve C's Avatar
    Posts : 6,291
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       #6

    artic said:
    Hi, I have some video files in mp4, avi, and etc.... for putting on a dvd disc. What is the best Codec's Pack to install please? Any and all help is greatly appreciated and many thanks.
    Windows should support those formats without needing a separate codec pack. I've tried VLC on 2 PCs but it's slow to load - maybe because both PCs use Kaspersky antivirus? I just use the Films & TV app for playing movies and it's fine.
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 722
    win10 home
       #7

    If you are burning to disc,then go to videohelp.com and download IMGBURN.It is a safe site with a good forum.
      My Computer

  8. John Pombrio's Avatar
    Posts : 412
    Windows 10 Fast Ring
       #8

    Nougatron said:
    Or PotPlayer: it plays all video formats like VLC, but it has many more features, and the interface is more "mouse friendly".
    Here is the link for the player. Even though it does not mention Windows 10, the program is frequently updated, the last update being 2017-01-04.

    Global Potplayer
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 772
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
       #9

    I'm pretty sure the OP has found a solution, After 6 month's.
      My Computer

  10. SonicBlue's Avatar
    Posts : 225
    Windows 10 Home
       #10

    sml156 said:
    Also another suggestion if you really want to install a codec pac you could go to Ninite - Install or Update Multiple Apps at Once and select K-Lite Codecs, you can also install VLC media player at the same time.

    The K Lite Codecs is the way to go in my book. It make the Windows media work awesome.
      My Computer


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:08.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums