Windows 10: reducing calculator screen

  1.    26 Jun 2016 #1

    reducing calculator screen


    My calculator screen takes up every corner! I can't even see the right hand corner that has the prompts, it is very
    irritating since I have to leave my work to access the calculator (guess I have extra equipment on the desk) Can someone help PLEASE ?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    26 Jun 2016 #2

    When you say the calculator takes up every corner, does it look like my screenshot? If yes, can you click on the minimize/maximize icon (middle icon in upper right corner)? Do you see the word "Calculator" in upper left corner? If yes, you could try right-clicking > minimize.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	calculator.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	44.9 KB 
ID:	86912
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    27 Jun 2016 #3

    marsmimar said: View Post
    When you say the calculator takes up every corner, does it look like my screenshot? If yes, can you click on the minimize/maximize icon (middle icon in upper right corner)? Do you see the word "Calculator" in upper left corner? If yes, you could try right-clicking > minimize.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	calculator.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	44.9 KB 
ID:	86912
    I can not see the upper right hand corner prompts! and I don't know how to reduce. Left hand corner has 3 horizontal lines, and bond print ​STANDARD
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    27 Jun 2016 #4

    See if this helps:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	resize.JPG 
Views:	3 
Size:	73.5 KB 
ID:	87041

    You could also try clicking on "minimize" if "size" is grayed out or otherwise not active.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    27 Jun 2016 #5

    marsmimar, I appreciate your efforts to correct this, but it isn't the sides making the screen too big, it's the very top, where "calculator" is in left hand corner, and the three prompts in right hand corner, (where you have the red arrow pointing, I can't see that corner)

    OK, here's more... I pushed mouse cursor up to the top, "calculator" is shown, but the right hand corner only has the "close" button, no size adjustment prompt appears, even if I pass the mouse over the area.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    27 Jun 2016 #6

    When you type Alt+spacebar do you get the pop up menu? Can you minimize? Can you post screenshot of what the calculator screen looks like? Sorry for my confusion.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    27 Jun 2016 #7

    marsmimar said: View Post
    When you type Alt+spacebar do you get the pop up menu? Can you minimize? Can you post screenshot of what the calculator screen looks like? Sorry for my confusion.
    I can send if you tell me how to obtain the screen shot.... PS I get the pop up menu, but it will not minimize.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    27 Jun 2016 #8

    Just to clarify, you have to hold down the Alt key while clicking the spacebar. That should let you click on "size" which will change the cursor to the 4-pointed compass. Then you should be able to follow the steps in my post # 4 above.

    There are several ways to post a screenshot. This tutorial explains how:

    Screenshot - Take in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    27 Jun 2016 #9

    marsmimar said: View Post
    Just to clarify, you have to hold down the Alt key while clicking the spacebar. That should let you click on "size" which will change the cursor to the 4-pointed compass. Then you should be able to follow the steps in my post # 4 above.

    There are several ways to post a screenshot. This tutorial explains how:

    Screenshot - Take in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
    Device is not responding to commands marsmimar has instructed to use.... Problem NOT solved by this entity.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
I have a 16 mg image, 4500x3000. I resized all the way down to 100x100 and the file size won't change from 12.4 or so. This is true for all photos in a certain file I downloaded from online. They are appliance products. I tried downloading a...
When I Right Click on an item in Explorer I may want to just select 'Rename' or 'Copy" but there is now so many items in the dropdown and it scrolls down over items on the bottom line of the screen. Every app these days wants to add it's own...
Day as usual with Windows modern apps, calculator won't start, gets stuck in here: 65032 It probably starts working if I restart, or kill some random modern processes (this fixes so many problems, my start menu if it gets stuck, starts...
Hi, I'm using the option "Single Click to open an item" option and I notice a delay of half a second between the cursor making contact with the icon and it being selected. This isn' a huge deal but I would like to lower it if possible. Looked around...
Calculator won't run in Software and Apps
Sorry if there is already a thread for this, I couldn't find one... I cannot get the calculator to run, nothing happens. I just upgraded yesterday and it went fine, but this won't work. Maybe it's related to the store hanging? Thanks for any...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:37.
Find Us