Windows 10: Can't add or edit YouTube annotations Solved


  1. Posts : 218
    64-bit Windows 10 Home ver.1607
       07 Jun 2016 #1

    Can't add or edit YouTube annotations


    I recently tried to add an annotation to a new YouTube video and edit an existing one, but neither feature is working. Both choices are gray when I click on "annotations." This problem occurs both with Firefox 46.0.1 and IE. I tried clearing caches and cookies to no avail, and restarts don't help. Is anyone else having this problem? The YouTube forum is mum on this problem. Thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails annotation.png  
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 3,506
    Win_8.1-Pro, Win_10.1607-Pro, Mint_17.3
       07 Jun 2016 #2

    gogreen said: View Post
    I recently tried to add an annotation to a new YouTube video and edit an existing one, but neither feature is working. Both choices are gray when I click on "annotations." This problem occurs both with Firefox 46.0.1 and IE. I tried clearing caches and cookies to no avail, and restarts don't help. Is anyone else having this problem? The YouTube forum is mum on this problem. Thanks.
    Lots of Youtube forum complaints

    here
    &
    here

    The most common fix that I saw was to use Google Chrome - but that wasn't 100%
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 218
    64-bit Windows 10 Home ver.1607
    Thread Starter
       08 Jun 2016 #3

    Thanks, Slartybart. Chrome let me modify existing annotations and create new ones.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 4,765
    windows 10 Home threshold2
       08 Jun 2016 #4

    gogreen said: View Post
    Thanks, Slartybart. Chrome let me modify existing annotations and create new ones.
    Interesting.
    Why would Chrome do what IE could not ?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 218
    64-bit Windows 10 Home ver.1607
    Thread Starter
       08 Jun 2016 #5

    Why would Chrome do what IE could not ?
    Good question. And what Firefox can no longer do, even in its safe mode. I suspect the answer has something to do with the fact that Chrome is a Google product, and YouTube is also Google-owned.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 4,765
    windows 10 Home threshold2
       10 Jun 2016 #6

    gogreen said: View Post
    I suspect the answer has something to do with the fact that Chrome is a Google product, and YouTube is also Google-owned.
    Make sense.
    Thanks.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
Solved Edit .ISO file in General Support
How do you edit and save an .ISO file?
how to edit contacts in wlm in Browsers and Email
How to edit contact information in windows live mail 2012
GP EDIT on win 10 in Performance & Maintenance
I am pretty new to Group policy... I have noticed that settings like disable Mail and Calendar both in the Computer/Administrator and User/Administrator, do not work. Perhaps I need to write a new policy.
How do I edit my top sites.. in Browsers and Email
How do I edit my top sites on Microsoft edge browser, add more or remove unwanted sites from my "Top Sites" ? Please look at attached image of my Browser to get a better understanding of what I am saying. Thanks
Edit themes help in Customization
Is there any third party software available that will let me edit the desktop themes I made with W7 that I'm now using on 10, or even make new ones?
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:33.
Find Us