1.    27 May 2016 #1
    Join Date : May 2016
    Posts : 6
    10

    Store is completely broken


    All app pages whether app is installed or not, hangs on the loading dots in the middle of the page with no option to launch the app or download a new one. And there is an app that I know is installed, it says "this app needs to be installed on your internal drive" ..sometimes the windows store just unexpectedly closes by itself. If I go check for updates, then I just get the loading dots..I've tried wsreset.exe, signing out, signing in. Nothing works
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    27 May 2016 #2
    Join Date : Oct 2015
    Posts : 92
    64-bit Windows 10 Home

    -There is a fix for the Store somewhere here in the forums, as mine was hopelessly broken for months and now is back and working fine . . . but I can't remember what thread I was in where I found the fix; easy to lose my place in here! Maybe someone can point to where to find it.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    27 May 2016 #3
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 4,893
    windows 10 Home threshold2

    Quote Originally Posted by Ten09 View Post
    All app pages whether app is installed or not, hangs on the loading dots in the middle of the page with no option to launch the app or download a new one. And there is an app that I know is installed, it says "this app needs to be installed on your internal drive" ..sometimes the windows store just unexpectedly closes by itself. If I go check for updates, then I just get the loading dots..I've tried wsreset.exe, signing out, signing in. Nothing works
    2 tutorials to try. No guarantees.

    1.How to Clear and Reset the Store Cache in Windows 10
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...dows-10-a.html

    2. How to Reinstall and Re-register All Built-in Windows Apps in Windows 8 and 10
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...ws-8-10-a.html
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    27 May 2016 #4
    Join Date : May 2016
    Posts : 6
    10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by davidhk View Post
    2 tutorials to try. No guarantees.

    1.How to Clear and Reset the Store Cache in Windows 10
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...dows-10-a.html

    2. How to Reinstall and Re-register All Built-in Windows Apps in Windows 8 and 10
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...ws-8-10-a.html
    Neither worked I'm afraid
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    27 May 2016 #5
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 4,893
    windows 10 Home threshold2

    Quote Originally Posted by Ten09 View Post
    Neither worked I'm afraid
    Suggestion :
    Do a Repair Install
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade
    Repair install allows you to keep your files, settings and apps.
    No product key is required.
    Activation is automatic.

    If Repair install still does not fix all the problems, then the only suggestion I have left is to do a Clean Install.
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...n-install.html
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    28 May 2016 #6
    Join Date : May 2016
    Posts : 6
    10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by davidhk View Post
    Suggestion :
    Do a Repair Install
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade
    Repair install allows you to keep your files, settings and apps.
    No product key is required.
    Activation is automatic.
    That did the trick! Many thanks
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    28 May 2016 #7
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 4,893
    windows 10 Home threshold2

    Quote Originally Posted by Ten09 View Post
    That did the trick! Many thanks
    You are welcome.
    Now that the problem is resolved, please mark your thread as Solved.
    Thank you.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Microsoft Store is broken in Windows 10 and I can't fix it
Hello, I was receiving an error whenever I attempted to install an application via the Microsoft Store after receiving my brand new Surface Book. I found a fix to my specific issue here. The relevant bits are: As you are unable to install an app...
Software and Apps
Store app broken
The latest Updates, KB3074679 & KB3074686, seem to have broken the Store app, opens only to the initial screen with the swirling dots then immediately closes after about half the dots being visible. Can't update the Store if it doesn't open. Link...
Software and Apps
Completely broken interface and more!
I'm having a very odd problem that my Win10 GUI interface is completely broken! but fully functional. Let me explain, the majority of the elements from the new interface is missing. When I open a win10 app (not windows native program) the...
General Support
Solved Windows 10 Store Broken
Hello everyone, I'm seeking help with my problem that is the Windows Store is broken now and won't even open it look like this now: http://puu.sh/migeT/8f05629cc9.png Any suggestions and help are appreciated! Thank you
Software and Apps
In-app purchases currently broken in the Windows Store
Read more: In-app purchases are broken on all versions of Windows right now
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:32.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums