1.    17 May 2016 #1
    Join Date : Apr 2014
    Posts : 627
    Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview (14971)

    Problem updating Store app


    There is an update for the Store app that won't install. It seems to complete the 'downloading' phase, and the 'installing' phase seems to run out to near the end and then all of a sudden I get

    "Wait a few minutes and try that again
    The update failed.
    The error code is 0x80073cf3, in case you need it"

    I tried to search it, but only got old and irrelevant Windows 8 responses. Is anyone seeing this issue? Any ideas on a fix/workaround?

    TIA
    Last edited by sgage; 17 May 2016 at 12:13. Reason: [To the mod who moved this, I placed it in the Insider subforum because I'm running 14342]
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    17 May 2016 #2
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 1,654
    Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)

    Is this a new store update that came out today? Does store still launch for you despite the failed update - if it does it might be worth waiting it out a few hours as it could be an issue MS end. If it's an older store update then you could try a system restore point to before the failed attempt and then try it again

    i did a quick google but it seems a common error code - sounds like the update relates to redstone / insiders though. Are you on that ring? I don't go in for the stress of beta testing for MS so just stay away from
    insider stuff. I'm not home at the mo so cannot check if I have a store update waiting on the non insider normal Windows to report on whether it installs ok - or is even available as an update

    just speculating that this store update is just not ready for mainstream based on this
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    17 May 2016 #3
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 1,654
    Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)

    Just got home, no store update waiting so this must be insider only
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    17 May 2016 #4
    Join Date : Apr 2014
    Posts : 627
    Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview (14971)
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Scottyboy99 View Post
    Just got home, no store update waiting so this must be insider only
    It is Insider only - I originally posted this to the Insiders subforum, but a moderator moved it here.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    17 May 2016 #5
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 1,654
    Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)

    Ok cool. I did Google as mentioned and there were a few other reports of that error code so I'm assuming it's on MS end and no issue your side
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    17 May 2016 #6
    Join Date : May 2016
    Posts : 1
    Windows 10 Insider Preview

    Quote Originally Posted by sgage View Post
    There is an update for the Store app that won't install. It seems to complete the 'downloading' phase, and the 'installing' phase seems to run out to near the end and then all of a sudden I get

    "Wait a few minutes and try that again
    The update failed.
    The error code is 0x80073cf3, in case you need it"

    I tried to search it, but only got old and irrelevant Windows 8 responses. Is anyone seeing this issue? Any ideas on a fix/workaround?

    TIA
    I'm having the exact same issue..

    Edit: Could it be that I've changed the default location to a drive other than the OS drive? Can any of you confirm that setting??
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    17 May 2016 #7
    Join Date : Apr 2014
    Posts : 627
    Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview (14971)
    Thread Starter

    This is a Insiders-only update that just came out in the last day or two. The store not only launches, but is able to install other apps just fine, so maybe this problem is at the MS end and it will settle down soon enough.

    Yes, I searched for that error code, but it is so common as to be not very helpful.

    Thanks for your reply...


    Quote Originally Posted by Scottyboy99 View Post
    Is this a new store update that came out today? Does store still launch for you despite the failed update - if it does it might be worth waiting it out a few hours as it could be an issue MS end. If it's an older store update then you could try a system restore point to before the failed attempt and then try it again

    i did a quick google but it seems a common error code - sounds like the update relates to redstone / insiders though. Are you on that ring? I don't go in for the stress of beta testing for MS so just stay away from
    insider stuff. I'm not home at the mo so cannot check if I have a store update waiting on the non insider normal Windows to report on whether it installs ok - or is even available as an update

    just speculating that this store update is just not ready for mainstream based on this
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    17 May 2016 #8
    Join Date : Apr 2014
    Posts : 627
    Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview (14971)
    Thread Starter

    I just read in the News subforum that this is a known issue that everyone is having, so I'll mark it solved here - if any is interest they can follow it in the News section.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Updating Problem
I just started to use a tablet. Windows 10 claims it updates automatically, which I see it does, upon searching the past update files. But for some reason there still is an update that it fails to install. It's an upgrade to the next level of...
Windows Updates and Activation
Solved Store Not Updating Apps - WHY?
My store is not updating apps and fails every time with the same unhelpful error message: 50129 I have tried everything I can think of. I thought it might be being blocked by Norton Internet Security but could not confirm that. Has anyone...
Software and Apps
Solved Windows Store Apps Not Updating
Greetings tenforums, I have recently encountered a problem with the updates on the Windows Store. The apps are not updating anymore and are stuck. I have tried to follow most of the methods provided online including the troubleshoot step but to...
Software and Apps
store apps keep updating same runtime file
When I go to the store and update my apps it also downloads and installs Microsoft Native runtime pack 1.123101.0. It keeps doing this every time and always the same file. Anyone know of a solution to this Thanks
Software and Apps
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:43.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums