1.    16 May 2016 #1
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 10
    Win 10

    Upgrade office 2007 after win 10 clean install


    When I previously had Win 7 installed on my desktop, I had Office 2007 installed and updated to Office 2010. Well, now I have a problem - because I did a 'clean install' I only had Office 2007 to install again (I have a disk) but I cannot find any link anywhere with Microsoft to update to Office 2010.

    I use 'One Note' extensively, and the format of my 'One Note Notebook' is for 2010 and I cannot access these files because I get a pop-up saying 'these files cannot be accessed because they are from a NEWER version of One Note'.

    So I have to upgrade my Office 2007 to Office 2010 again. I have looked everywhere on the Microsoft website but can only find help to upgrade from Office 2010 and higher.

    Can anyone please help?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    16 May 2016 #2
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 4,890
    windows 10 Home threshold2

    I have been using Office 2007 since 5 years ago. Never have the need to "upgrade" to more recent version.
    So, I am ignorant in this subject matter.

    When you "updated" to 2010, didn't you also get 2010 product key ?
    If yes, this link will help:
    https://www7.downloadoffice2010.micr...&country_id=CA
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    16 May 2016 #3
    Join Date : Aug 2014
    Forever West
    Posts : 3,985
    Win10 Home and Pro, Win10 Insider Preview, Win7 Home, Linux Mint

    Quote Originally Posted by Sasha100 View Post
    When I previously had Win 7 installed on my desktop, I had Office 2007 installed and updated to Office 2010. Well, now I have a problem - because I did a 'clean install' I only had Office 2007 to install again (I have a disk) but I cannot find any link anywhere with Microsoft to update to Office 2010.

    I use 'One Note' extensively, and the format of my 'One Note Notebook' is for 2010 and I cannot access these files because I get a pop-up saying 'these files cannot be accessed because they are from a NEWER version of One Note'.

    So I have to upgrade my Office 2007 to Office 2010 again. I have looked everywhere on the Microsoft website but can only find help to upgrade from Office 2010 and higher.

    Can anyone please help?
    This page says there is no Upgrade version of Office starting with version 2007:
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/o...8-81160d042842
    Looks like you'll need to install 2010 over 2007.

    I didn't find a new download for OneNote 2007 except at download.com and they want $49.95 for it. If you are running Win10 you have OneNote included [on the All Apps, O menu].
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    16 May 2016 #4
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 4,890
    windows 10 Home threshold2

    Quote Originally Posted by davidhk View Post
    I have been using Office 2007 since 5 years ago. Never have the need to "upgrade" to more recent version.
    So, I am ignorant in this subject matter.

    When you "updated" to 2010, didn't you also get 2010 product key ?
    If yes, this link will help:
    https://www7.downloadoffice2010.micr...&country_id=CA
    If you do have 2010 product key, then do the download.
    Make sure you uninstall 2007 first before you install 2010.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    16 May 2016 #5
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 10
    Win 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by davidhk View Post
    I have been using Office 2007 since 5 years ago. Never have the need to "upgrade" to more recent version.
    So, I am ignorant in this subject matter.

    When you "updated" to 2010, didn't you also get 2010 product key ?
    If yes, this link will help:
    https://www7.downloadoffice2010.micr...&country_id=CA
    I did not get any new 2010 product key. The update was part of normal product updates as far as I know. I did try your link link just in case it would work on the Office 2007 product key that I have with my disk, but it did not work.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    16 May 2016 #6
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 4,890
    windows 10 Home threshold2

    Quote Originally Posted by Sasha100 View Post
    I did not get any new 2010 product key. The update was part of normal product updates as far as I know. I did try your link link just in case it would work on the Office 2007 product key that I have with my disk, but it did not work.
    My apology.
    I am afraid I am of no use to you.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    16 May 2016 #7
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 10
    Win 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Berton View Post
    This page says there is no Upgrade version of Office starting with version 2007:
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/o...8-81160d042842
    Looks like you'll need to install 2010 over 2007.



    I didn't find a new download for OneNote 2007 except at download.com and they want $49.95 for it. If you are running Win10 you have OneNote included [on the All Apps, O menu].
    I did I get in this mess. I agree, there is no upgrade starting with Office 2007 any longer. When I did have the upgrade to Office 10 on my previous Win 7 OS it was all part of normal upgrades, but I can't get back to that status since I install Win 10. Now I have 1000's of files I can't access in One Note.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    16 May 2016 #8
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    A Finnish expat in Germany
    Posts : 13,109
    Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Sasha100 View Post
    I did I get in this mess. I agree, there is no upgrade starting with Office 2007 any longer. When I did have the upgrade to Office 10 on my previous Win 7 OS it was all part of normal upgrades, but I can't get back to that status since I install Win 10. Now I have 1000's of files I can't access in One Note.
    If your notebooks are stored in OneDrive, you can open them with the excellent and free, native Windows OneNote app (Start > O > OneNote). If they are stored locally, this workaround should work and costs nothing:

    1.) To start with, uninstall Office 2007 (it must be uninstalled before installing the trial version in next step)

    2.) Sign up for a free one month Office 365 Home trial, install Office 2016 which belongs to this subscription: Try Microsoft Office 365 - Free subscription trial for 1 month

    3.) Setup OneDrive on your PC using your MS account

    4.) Open the old notebooks one by one: Open a notebook in OneNote 2016 for Windows - OneNote

    5.) For each notebook, select the File menu, click Share, select OneDrive, click Move Notebook:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016_05_16_21_49_531.png 
Views:	1 
Size:	73.9 KB 
ID:	80224

    6.) The notebook will be synced to OneDrive:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016_05_16_21_51_042.png 
Views:	2 
Size:	40.1 KB 
ID:	80225

    7.) When done click OK:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016_05_16_21_51_293.png 
Views:	22 
Size:	4.7 KB 
ID:	80226

    Repeat this for every notebook, I'm sorry but it can take some time with multiple notebooks

    That's it. You can now use your free Windows OneNote app (Start > O > OneNote) to open and edit your notebooks, it will automatically fetch them from OneDrive. Don't forget to cancel the Office 365 subscription before the trial ends! If you then need other Office 2007 apps you can reinstall it instead.

    Kari
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved Windows 10 cannot find office 2007 docs after clean install
Hi Guys, I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro last year from Windows 7 Pro all was good for a while. A few weeks ago I began to experience some stability issues, so I decided to do a clean install. I backed up my personal files, word docs, spreadsheets...
Software and Apps
Solved MS Project 2007 does not start after Upgrade Install
I just finished an upgrade install of 10 from 7. I tested all programs and only had a problem with Avast and Microsoft Office Project 2007. The Avast problem is repaired. I double click to start the program > the "Office Project 2007" splash...
Installation and Upgrade
Microsoft Project Standard 2007 Activation after clean W10 install Q
A few years ago I got a copy of MS Project Standard 2007 from my daughter's school which I installed and activated on my new office PC when I built it, using a one time only product key (Academic Promotion). (FYI - upon careful reading of the...
Software and Apps
ms office home and student 2007 install problem on windows 10
So I'm putting my parents copy of office 2007 on my mom's new Asus Zenbook running windows 10. installing from a CD using a samsung usb dvd player and running into a problem. When I run the set up it opens a dialogue box asking me to enter the...
Software and Apps
Solved Can't install Office 2007 due to conflict with Groove
I tried to install my Office 2007 on Windows 10. But I get a message saying "Setup has detected an earlier version of Groove on your system ... uninstall your current version of Groove". Groove is not in the Programs section of Control Panel and...
Software and Apps
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:25.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums