Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    16 May 2016 #11
    Join Date : May 2015
    Central IL
    Posts : 4,332
    Mac OS Sierra

    Quote Originally Posted by Wood View Post
    Thanks, that worked, this is my favorite bible program, real bummer not to be able to blame windows 10

    Question: Nothing was said about avg, shouldn't avg if it is blocking it have said something
    You would be surprised at how many times a A/V program like AVG has caused headaches by stopping programs from running and throwing up false positives.

    I just run Defender on the desktop that I have 10 running on. Until Microsoft is down messing around with things, keep third party Malware/Anti-virus software off and just run Defender, along with use either Firefox or Chrome with WOT and Ad Block Plus.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    16 May 2016 #12
    Join Date : Apr 2015
    Posts : 12,933
    W10Prox64

    Quote Originally Posted by Wood View Post
    Thanks, that worked, this is my favorite bible program, real bummer not to be able to blame windows 10

    Question: Nothing was said about avg, shouldn't avg if it is blocking it have said something
    I'm glad it worked. But, don't thank me, thank @LostDog for posting the solution. I don't use AVG, so I have no idea how it reports what it blocks, sorry. Cheers!
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    16 May 2016 #13
    Join Date : May 2016
    Posts : 4
    Windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Wood View Post
    Thanks, that worked, this is my favorite bible program, real bummer not to be able to blame windows 10

    Question: Nothing was said about avg, shouldn't avg if it is blocking it have said something
    I have no idea. Normally AVG does have a pop up. The only reason I knew you have AVG is because I do and that's what was causing the issue. Nothing spookier than that. :-)
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    16 May 2016 #14
    Join Date : May 2015
    Central IL
    Posts : 4,332
    Mac OS Sierra

    Quote Originally Posted by LostDog View Post
    I have no idea. Normally AVG does have a pop up. The only reason I knew you have AVG is because I do and that's what was causing the issue. Nothing spookier than that. :-)
    It is typical for the Malware vendors to mark good software as malicious. It is the only way that they can make money off of people that only use the Free Version. Have them call them up and pay to fix a problem that you can get help for free on here.

    After XP, I stopped using any kind of third party Anti-Malware software with Windows, because it was nothing more than headaches. Now all that I run is Defender, use Chrome or Firefox, and have the WOT and Ad Block Plus add-ons. I cannot use any other type of blocking agent, since the machines are used for software testing for clients and also to set up servers.

    Pass on to e-sword about AVG flagging the engine for e-Sword as Malicious. They will straighten them out pretty quick.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    16 May 2016 #15
    Join Date : May 2016
    Posts : 4
    Windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by bro67 View Post
    It is typical for the Malware vendors to mark good software as malicious. It is the only way that they can make money off of people that only use the Free Version. Have them call them up and pay to fix a problem that you can get help for free on here.

    After XP, I stopped using any kind of third party Anti-Malware software with Windows, because it was nothing more than headaches. Now all that I run is Defender, use Chrome or Firefox, and have the WOT and Ad Block Plus add-ons. I cannot use any other type of blocking agent, since the machines are used for software testing for clients and also to set up servers.

    Pass on to e-sword about AVG flagging the engine for e-Sword as Malicious. They will straighten them out pretty quick.
    e-Sword already knows. That's where I got the solution from.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    17 May 2016 #16
    Join Date : May 2015
    Central IL
    Posts : 4,332
    Mac OS Sierra

    I would still update them. The more that report this to them, the quicker they can stop the so called software security companies from locking out their software.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Running program windows not showing up on desktop
I just installed windows 10 on my laptop ASUS ROG G751JM Laptop NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX860M with 2GB 1TB HDD 7200 RPM With 256 GB SSD 1.5TB HDD 5400 With 128 GB SSD 1TB HDD 5400 With 8 GB SSD Intel Core I7 HQ-4710 2.5 G Memory 8G
General Support
Problem running old XP program in Compatibility Mode
I have an old XP program, xReminder Pro, that I have been using for many years. I am currently running it in Compatibility Mode on Windows 7 and it runs fine. On my Windows 10 test machine, this program will install and run from a "manual" start in...
Software and Apps
Windows 10 blocks program from running
Hello all, I just upgraded my 62 bit PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Unfortunately, Windows 10 now blocks todoUS backup "for my protection". It says "not trusted" and "incompatible". I've tried everything to override this, including importing the...
Software and Apps
Solved Program search stopped working
I tried the other day to search for a program on the start menu and it worked fine. I then set up Cortana for speech mode and all I get now when typing in the box are four blue dots scrolling at the top of the search box. Anyone know a fix or will...
General Support
Configuring update stopped @ 55%
Hi guys, I need some advice with wifes laptop. She was installing Win 10 last night. Since it was late she went to bed letting it run. This morning it was @ "configuring update for Win 10, 55% complete, do not turn off computer". I hasn't moved off...
Installation and Upgrade
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:45.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums