1. Joined : Feb 2016
    Posts : 43
    Windows 10
       14 May 2016 #1

    Share mouse and keyboard


    I have two Windows 10 PCs and would like to share the mouse and keyboard between them. Looking for freeware. So far I have not found one that will work. Anyone found one that actually works?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Apr 2015
    Posts : 9,178
    W10Prox64
       14 May 2016 #2

    copiman said: View Post
    I have two Windows 10 PCs and would like to share the mouse and keyboard between them. Looking for freeware. So far I have not found one that will work. Anyone found one that actually works?
    Microsoft Garage Mouse without Borders is what you're looking for.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Feb 2016
    Posts : 43
    Windows 10
       15 May 2016 #3

    Thanks simrick. Still cannot get it to work. ALL security has been disabled. IP mapping did not work. I have tried other software similar to Mouse without Borders with no luck. The PCs are on the same network. After looking on the support sites for the different softwares I think the best bet is to purchase a hardware KVM switch. I know they work and the PCs and monitors are next to each other. Thanks again for your assistance.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Apr 2015
    Posts : 9,178
    W10Prox64
       15 May 2016 #4

    copiman said: View Post
    Thanks simrick. Still cannot get it to work. ALL security has been disabled. IP mapping did not work. I have tried other software similar to Mouse without Borders with no luck. The PCs are on the same network. After looking on the support sites for the different softwares I think the best bet is to purchase a hardware KVM switch. I know they work and the PCs and monitors are next to each other. Thanks again for your assistance.
    Copiman, I am surprised you're having so much difficulty with it. Sounds like you're doing everything right; not sure what the problem might be. It's a shame to have to use a switch. Good luck.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Aug 2014
    Forever West
    Posts : 2,596
    Win10 Home and Pro, Win10 Insider Preview, Win7 Home, Linux Mint
       15 May 2016 #5

    Getting the right KVM for your setup will take a bit of shopping. In about the last 10 or 12 years I've progressed from a 2-port PS/2 KVM to a 4-port PS/2 KVM and now using a 4-port USB KVM. The need for the last change is because computers are no longer providing PS/2 ports.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Feb 2016
    Posts : 43
    Windows 10
       15 May 2016 #6

    simrick said: View Post
    Copiman, I am surprised you're having so much difficulty with it. Sounds like you're doing everything right; not sure what the problem might be. It's a shame to have to use a switch. Good luck.
    Well I just could not stand it. I tried Sharemouse but it is limited to 2 monitors versus 4 for without Boarders. So I decided to try Without Boarders again. I'm happy to say it works. Does not require a key board and mouse to be plugged into all PCs, just one. Sharemouse requires a puchased software to drag and drop. Without boarders does not. Thanks again for you help.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Apr 2015
    Posts : 9,178
    W10Prox64
       15 May 2016 #7

    copiman said: View Post
    Well I just could not stand it. I tried Sharemouse but it is limited to 2 monitors versus 4 for without Boarders. So I decided to try Without Boarders again. I'm happy to say it works. Does not require a key board and mouse to be plugged into all PCs, just one. Sharemouse requires a puchased software to drag and drop. Without boarders does not. Thanks again for you help.
    That's great news! So glad you got Mouse Without Borders working. Cheers and thanks for the rep!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Jan 2016
    Earth - mostly Chicago and London
    Posts : 106
    Windows 10 Edu
       18 Aug 2016 #8

    copiman said: View Post
    Well I just could not stand it. I tried Sharemouse but it is limited to 2 monitors versus 4 for without Boarders. So I decided to try Without Boarders again. I'm happy to say it works.
    Yeah, used to love it, but it stopped working in part. Cannot copy the clipboard between computers any longer. Posted elsewhere more details. Tried uninstalling and re-installing too. It's a darn shame.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
No mouse, no keyboard... HELP NEEDED
Hello, I'm looking for a solution since 3 days with non success so I hope that someone wll be able to help me. To make a long story short, I installed Windows 10 (coming from Windows 7) and I was facing trobles with my USB ports. I tried to...
Drivers and Hardware
Solved keyboard / mouse not working
Hi - I have messed up the keyboard and mouse drivers on my Windows 10 installation, so now when I boot up I have no input possibilities. What are my options? I don't have a "recovery" disk - but I do have a Windows 10 install USB. I don't have any...
Drivers and Hardware
USB mouse&keyboard not working
Hi; I've a Medion Akoya MD8360 PC with previous windows 10 Home Build 10240 installed and with a working USB medion mouse and keyboard.Reccently I upgraded manually(with media creation tool fromMS) to Windows 10 Home V1511 Build 10586.71 and my USB...
Drivers and Hardware
Mouse/Keyboard lag
Hi all, I am new to the forums so please cut me some slack if this questions does not belong in this thread... Anyway, I have been having some really bad lag on my mouse and keyboard. When I try to move the mouse, it's almost like there is...
Drivers and Hardware
Solved MS Keyboard and Mouse driver not working for left handed mouse
I use left handed mouse, and swapping left / buttons works OK. I also set the wheel button to be "double click". But the wheel button brings up the context menu instead of double click. If I change to right hand mouse, the wheel button gives double...
General Support
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:11.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums