Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
  1.    01 Jun 2016 #51
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Tropic of Cancer
    Posts : 1,648
    Microsoft Windows 10 Home

    If you guys allow me to express what I have got during my trials and errors ......


    If a secondary calendar is created in outlook.com, it shows up in the modern calendar app in all the devices connected to that microsoft account. If it is altered/deleted using the installed outlook client (outlook.exe; as a part of Office 365 or standalone) that is installed to any of those devices, then it is altered/deleted in all the devices.
    I have not tried with OWA as neither me nor my workplace is a subscriber of 365. I believe that it will be the same as above.

    If a calendar is deleted using the free mail account outlook.com (hotmail) and no sort of paid outlook is associated with that microsoft account, then the deletion of the calendar does not have any implication in the modern calendar app.

    Removal of microsoft account does not work, as whenever the old account is assigned back, the secondary calendar comes back.

    Outlook and Outlook.com are different animals, but it seems that if you pay for outlook, it enhances some capabilities of outlook.com as well.

    I did not found any role of UAC here.

    I am not saying that it is the conclusion, it is just what I found.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    01 Jun 2016 #52
    Join Date : May 2016
    Posts : 34
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Slartybart View Post
    I'm not sure - but setting UAC to default has resolved many issues with UWP Apps. It was a thing to test - unfortunately it did not help with the issue your machine exhibits.

    Ok, deselecting the Calendar didn't have any affect either
    The thought behind that was the Calendar App was hanging on to the Calendar because it was selected.

    How did you set up Mail and Calendar account? I asked before, but I might have missed your answer - was it Exchange or Outlook.com?



    I forgot to check on my Win10 box - sorry 'bout that. I'll try to remember next time I fire it up.
    I want to check the location of the Calendar App - uninstalling it might not be enough, you might have to rename the App folder to clear the configuration - not sure.


    If you want to try uninstalling
    Make a backup of your profile (your User\loginName)
    The easiest thing is to just copy the entire folder to a safe location.

    Create a Restore Point

    Launch an elevated PowerShell
    Enter the following command line
    Get-AppxPackage *windowscommunicationsapps* | Remove-AppxPackage
    exit PowerShell
    Restart the machine

    Launch the MS Store
    Re-install Mail and Calendar App (by Microsoft)
    Store My Library - Install Your Apps from in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

    If you have to reconfigure - pick Outlook.com when you set up an account type
    Attachment 82767

    I'd rather give a better step-by-step, but that will take a bit of time.
    I'd also like to understand the process to restore the Mail and Calendar config if needed.

    Hey, so yes I've answered that before I created my email account about lets say 10 years ago when the domain was "hotmail.com" so yes I'm sure its outlook.com. I have no idea what "exchange" is but I've had it before.

    Also I've actually tried that already, multiple times in fact as mentioned in previous posts.
    Uninstalled using Powershell, and so on. Reset the microsoft store, then install. THEN install back, then it syncs back back to exactly to where I was with all the crap calendars.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    01 Jun 2016 #53
    Join Date : May 2016
    Posts : 34
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Arc View Post
    If you guys allow me to express what I have got during my trials and errors ......


    If a secondary calendar is created in outlook.com, it shows up in the modern calendar app in all the devices connected to that microsoft account. If it is altered/deleted using the installed outlook client (outlook.exe; as a part of Office 365 or standalone) that is installed to any of those devices, then it is altered/deleted in all the devices.
    I have not tried with OWA as neither me nor my workplace is a subscriber of 365. I believe that it will be the same as above.

    If a calendar is deleted using the free mail account outlook.com (hotmail) and no sort of paid outlook is associated with that microsoft account, then the deletion of the calendar does not have any implication in the modern calendar app.

    Removal of microsoft account does not work, as whenever the old account is assigned back, the secondary calendar comes back.

    Outlook and Outlook.com are different animals, but it seems that if you pay for outlook, it enhances some capabilities of outlook.com as well.

    I did not found any role of UAC here.

    I am not saying that it is the conclusion, it is just what I found.
    So.. What should I even do at this point? I AM not going to be a subcriber or premium member for microsoft at all. There has to be a way to fix this.. or the app is pretty much renderederd useless lol.

    ALSO to mention i DONT know if this affects anything but.

    I use Outlook.com on GOOGLE CHROME.
    I use Outlook app on iPhone 5S iOS.
    I use WINDOS 10 Calendar, connected to Outlook.com
    NO SYNCING PROBLEMS WITH ADDING EVENTS IN ANY WAY. With the exception of deleting calendars, I have problems.

    Just wanna put that out there .
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    01 Jun 2016 #54
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Penns Forrest
    Posts : 3,506
    Win_8.1-Pro, Win_10.1607-Pro, Mint_17.3

    Quote Originally Posted by Pocks1954 View Post
    Hey, so yes I've answered that before I created my email account about lets say 10 years ago when the domain was "hotmail.com" so yes I'm sure its outlook.com. I have no idea what "exchange" is but I've had it before.
    I understand that your eMail server is Hotmail, that's not what I was asking. Ms doesn't help with it's terminology - I was asking about the protocol you use to connect to Outlook.com (that's why I posted the picture .. guess that wasn't much help)

    The image really doesn't show protocols either - what ti shows is MS's attempt to make things easier. They're basically templates with the protocol (usually IMAP) and the server's requirements (address, port, SSL, etc).

    There were Mail app releases where the available options changed - eventually they added Outlook.com (or it was there, the removed it, and they added it back). I know this because, in testing, I picked Exchange - it let me get to outlook.com mail, but I couldn't affect any changes - it was sort of locked.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pocks1954 View Post
    Also I've actually tried that already, multiple times in fact as mentioned in previous posts.
    Uninstalled using Powershell, and so on. Reset the microsoft store, then install. THEN install back, then it syncs back back to exactly to where I was with all the crap calendars.
    Yeah, sorry about that - I read your thread again and saw that you have tried an uninstall and a reinstall.

    What exact Powershell command did you use? There are two methods

    This doesn't really uninstall the app
    Get-appxpackage -allusers *windowscommunicationsapps* | Remove-AppxPackage

    This really does:
    Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like "*windowscommunicationsapps*"} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online

    Before attempting the next steps
    Backup your user folder
    create a Restore point

    Navigate to %LocalAppdata% (you can copy the %variable% string and paste it in the address box of File Explorer)
    Rename the Comms folder to Comms-x

    Now reinstall the Mail and Calendar app
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    02 Jun 2016 #55
    Join Date : May 2016
    Posts : 34
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Slartybart View Post
    I understand that your eMail server is Hotmail, that's not what I was asking. Ms doesn't help with it's terminology - I was asking about the protocol you use to connect to Outlook.com (that's why I posted the picture .. guess that wasn't much help)

    The image really doesn't show protocols either - what ti shows is MS's attempt to make things easier. They're basically templates with the protocol (usually IMAP) and the server's requirements (address, port, SSL, etc).

    There were Mail app releases where the available options changed - eventually they added Outlook.com (or it was there, the removed it, and they added it back). I know this because, in testing, I picked Exchange - it let me get to outlook.com mail, but I couldn't affect any changes - it was sort of locked.

    Yeah, sorry about that - I read your thread again and saw that you have tried an uninstall and a reinstall.

    What exact Powershell command did you use? There are two methods

    This doesn't really uninstall the app
    Get-appxpackage -allusers *windowscommunicationsapps* | Remove-AppxPackage

    This really does:
    Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like "*windowscommunicationsapps*"} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online

    Before attempting the next steps
    Backup your user folder
    create a Restore point

    Navigate to %LocalAppdata% (you can copy the %variable% string and paste it in the address box of File Explorer)
    Rename the Comms folder to Comms-x

    Now reinstall the Mail and Calendar app

    Hey, I actually never tried "windowscommunicationsapps", I used the mail and calendar one.
    Also,

    This really does:
    Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like "*windowscommunicationsapps*"} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    Doesn't work for me.

    This doesn't really uninstall the app
    Get-appxpackage -allusers *windowscommunicationsapps* | Remove-AppxPackage
    Works for me dont know why, I am using powershell as ADMIN.


    So yeah, it uninstalled the mail and calendar app and I reinstalled. My account was listed there already as outlook then i click it, then it pretty much brings me exactly back to where I was.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    02 Jun 2016 #56
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Penns Forrest
    Posts : 3,506
    Win_8.1-Pro, Win_10.1607-Pro, Mint_17.3

    Quote Originally Posted by Pocks1954 View Post
    ...
    So yeah, it uninstalled the mail and calendar app and I reinstalled. My account was listed there already as outlook then i click it, then it pretty much brings me exactly back to where I was.
    did you also rename the Comms folder?

    +edit
    Quote Originally Posted by Pocks1954 View Post
    Hey, I actually never tried "windowscommunicationsapps", I used the mail and calendar one.

    This really does:
    Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like "*windowscommunicationsapps*"} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    Doesn't work for me.
    What exact Powershell command did you use?
    windowscommunicationsapps and the mail and calendar one should be the same thing

    Try these commands in an elevated PowerShell

    Get-appxpackage -allusers *windowscommunicationsapps*
    Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like "*windowscommunicationsapps*"}


    Copy the results and paste it on your thread - thanks
    -edit
    Last edited by Slartybart; 02 Jun 2016 at 14:54.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    02 Jun 2016 #57
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Tropic of Cancer
    Posts : 1,648
    Microsoft Windows 10 Home

    Quote Originally Posted by Pocks1954 View Post
    So.. What should I even do at this point?
    I have no idea till now, mate. I have failed to find a feasible solution that is applicable in your environment.
    I will try some alternatives like thunderbird. If I can find a solution, I will definitely post it for you.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    02 Jun 2016 #58
    Join Date : May 2016
    Posts : 34
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Slartybart View Post
    did you also rename the Comms folder?

    +edit
    What exact Powershell command did you use?
    windowscommunicationsapps and the mail and calendar one should be the same thing

    Try these commands in an elevated PowerShell

    Get-appxpackage -allusers *windowscommunicationsapps*
    Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like "*windowscommunicationsapps*"}


    Copy the results and paste it on your thread - thanks
    -edit

    Lol sorry, I don't understand what "exact powershell" command you mean.
    I presssed windows key, and typed in Powershell, Windows Powershell in ADMIN mode.

    Windows PowerShell
    Copyright (C) 2015 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.


    PS C:\Windows\system32>
    >> Get-appxpackage -allusers *windowscommunicationsapps*
    >> Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like "*windowscommunicationsapps*"}




    Name : microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps
    Publisher : CN=Microsoft Corporation, O=Microsoft Corporation, L=Redmond, S=Washington, C=US
    Architecture : X64
    ResourceId :
    Version : 17.6868.41141.0
    PackageFullName : microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_17.6868.41141.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
    InstallLocation : C:\Program
    Files\WindowsApps\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_17.6868.41141.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
    IsFramework : False
    PackageFamilyName : microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_8wekyb3d8bbwe
    PublisherId : 8wekyb3d8bbwe
    PackageUserInformation : {S-1-5-21-2564120282-854636996-3726812112-1001 [NAMEb]: Installed}
    IsResourcePackage : False
    IsBundle : False
    IsDevelopmentMode : False
    PS C:\Windows\system32>

    Doesnt seem to work, i still have the calendar and mail app installed.
    Also cant change comms folder name, says the folder is in use.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    02 Jun 2016 #59
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Penns Forrest
    Posts : 3,506
    Win_8.1-Pro, Win_10.1607-Pro, Mint_17.3

    Ok ... I was trying to figure out what command line in PowerShell you entered way back when (before you knew about windowscommunicationsapps. You said Hey, I actually never tried "windowscommunicationsapps", I used the mail and calendar one

    Quote Originally Posted by Pocks1954 View Post
    Doesnt seem to work, i still have the calendar and mail app installed.

    Also cant change comms folder name, says the folder is in use.
    Of course it worked - you posted the output. Those commands were query only, they weren't meant to change anything.

    Of course Comms is in use - you didn't follow the steps in the correct order.

    If you want to try again

    1. PowerShell (Admin)
      Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like "*windowscommunicationsapps*"} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online

    2. Rename Comms in %LocalAppData%
      if you cannot due to security - stop here and let me know

    3. Restart the machine

    4. Reinstall Mail and Calendar - but only if you were able to rename Comms.

    5. If that doesn't solve the issue ... I'm stumped.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    03 Jun 2016 #60
    Join Date : May 2016
    Posts : 34
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Slartybart View Post
    Ok ... I was trying to figure out what command line in PowerShell you entered way back when (before you knew about windowscommunicationsapps. You said Hey, I actually never tried "windowscommunicationsapps", I used the mail and calendar one

    Of course it worked - you posted the output. Those commands were query only, they weren't meant to change anything.

    Of course Comms is in use - you didn't follow the steps in the correct order.

    If you want to try again

    1. PowerShell (Admin)
      Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like "*windowscommunicationsapps*"} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    2. Rename Comms in %LocalAppData%
      if you cannot due to security - stop here and let me know
    3. Restart the machine
    4. Reinstall Mail and Calendar - but only if you were able to rename Comms.
    5. If that doesn't solve the issue ... I'm stumped.

    Quote Originally Posted by Slartybart View Post
    Ok ... I was trying to figure out what command line in PowerShell you entered way back when (before you knew about windowscommunicationsapps. You said Hey, I actually never tried "windowscommunicationsapps", I used the mail and calendar one

    Of course it worked - you posted the output. Those commands were query only, they weren't meant to change anything.

    Of course Comms is in use - you didn't follow the steps in the correct order.

    If you want to try again

    1. PowerShell (Admin)
      Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like "*windowscommunicationsapps*"} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    2. Rename Comms in %LocalAppData%
      if you cannot due to security - stop here and let me know
    3. Restart the machine
    4. Reinstall Mail and Calendar - but only if you were able to rename Comms.
    5. If that doesn't solve the issue ... I'm stumped.
    Actually nevermind sorry for confusion, the one I tried way back was:
    Get-AppxPackage *windowscommunicationsapps* | Remove-AppxPackage

    So yes, I am following your steps. Unfortunately I'm getting stuck at Comms. I can follow steps it is easy, open powershell and insert thecommand in. Go to localappdata and i see the comms folder, cannot change name.
    "The action canbt be completed folder or file in it is open in another program.
    Close folder or try again.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Events on Outlook Calendar Deleted, Retained on GMail Calendar???
The Basics Using Windows 10 Calendar (Outlook) as my primary calendar. The calendar contains two accounts, my Microsoft Live Account and my Gmail Account. In the left panel, I have the Gmail Calendar checked – the Outlook calendar is unchecked....
Software and Apps
Export calendar from Mail and Calendar for Windows 10 to Outlook 2016?
I'm trying to help a friend who has just installed Office 2016 on her computer, which was recently upgraded from Win7 to Win10. She's been using Outlook.com and has accumulated a fair amount of email, contacts and calendar appointments. I've...
Software and Apps
Online Outlook Calendar not syncing with Windows Calendar App
Hello everybody, my online outlook calendar does not sync with my Windows Calendar app. I am talking about the online calendar which can be accessed after sign-in here: Prihláste sa do svojho konta Microsoft which for me used to always take all...
Software and Apps
Windows 10 calendar and Outlook 2013 calendar
Is there a procedure for syncing the calendar app in Win 10 with the Outlook 2013 calendar? I have been trying to sync my calendar in Outlook 2013 with my Blackberry Z30 in Blackberry Blend and Blackberry Link. So far I can only sync Windows 10...
Software and Apps
Import Outlook Calendar from cloud to the Mail and Calendar App?
Is this possible?
Software and Apps
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:22.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums