Windows 10: Openoffice will not start

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    10 May 2016 #11

    It just said that they was an error please enter key again.
    I just ordered a kit for removing data from a HD. I'm hoping i'll be able to recover the MS Office 2003 that way. Should get the kit in 2 days I'll post how I make out
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    11 May 2016 #12

    Sorry .I'm late getting back to you.
    When I enter my key code it comes back with the message I have entered a wrong character . It does not say the key has expired.
    I sent for a kit that will enable me to get the programs I need and spent many hours on writing off the old disk.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 11,221
    W10Prox64
       11 May 2016 #13

    Roehrle said: View Post
    Sorry .I'm late getting back to you.
    When I enter my key code it comes back with the message I have entered a wrong character . It does not say the key has expired.
    I sent for a kit that will enable me to get the programs I need and spent many hours on writing off the old disk.
    Okay. Good luck.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    12 May 2016 #14

    Bad news ???


    The Bipra USB 2.0 to Sata/IDE Adapter came today and apparently it is telling me that the disk is corrupt and can not be read.
    I guess this is the end of story unless there is some other means of getting the information from the disk that I am not aware of .
    Any suggestions or is it time to move on....
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    12 May 2016 #15

    Roehrle, I have a hard time believing that the disk wasn't corrupt until you switched to 10. Try a friend's computer and see if you can recover the files.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 11,221
    W10Prox64
       12 May 2016 #16

    Roehrle said: View Post
    Sorry .I'm late getting back to you.
    When I enter my key code it comes back with the message I have entered a wrong character . It does not say the key has expired.
    I sent for a kit that will enable me to get the programs I need and spent many hours on writing off the old disk.
    Have you tried contacting Microsoft about your key as I suggested in Post #7?

    Roehrle said: View Post
    The Bipra USB 2.0 to Sata/IDE Adapter came today and apparently it is telling me that the disk is corrupt and can not be read.
    I guess this is the end of story unless there is some other means of getting the information from the disk that I am not aware of .
    You can try this, if you are able:
    Put the old drive back in the old W7 machine.
    Go download and burn to CD disk, the special rescue media made by a member, Kyhi:
    Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk - Windows 10 Forums


    Boot your W7 machine to this CD, which is like a little, mini operating system with some tools in it. Once you have booted into the rescue media, open File Explorer and look at your old disk - see if you can read the file names, and copy them over to a flash drive.

    He also has a program on there called RECUVA, which can be used to recover files off a failed hard drive sometimes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kyhi-bootablePEx86.PNG  
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    12 May 2016 #17

    Great..I'll give it a try ,Suppose to rain tomorrow so I won't be working on my sailboat.
    Also I gave installing my Office 2003 disk and it ran this time. Don't have time now to explain because I'm trying to get all my racing programs up and running using Xcel
    Thanks again
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    13 May 2016 #18

    Roehrle said: View Post
    Great..I'll give it a try ,Suppose to rain tomorrow so I won't be working on my sailboat.
    Also I gave installing my Office 2003 disk and it ran this time. Don't have time now to explain because I'm trying to get all my racing programs up and running using Xcel
    Thanks again
    Hi there

    Did you have a look at look at WPS office --runs EXCEL stuff fine -- note it will run complex EXCEL spreadsheets --far better than Libre Office and the pro version will also do VB code too. the Free version though is good enough for most people.

    Here's quite a complex statistcal spreadsheet - these sort of things also work with WPS office.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	excel1.png 
Views:	2 
Size:	129.1 KB 
ID:	79478



    Cheers
    jimbo
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    13 May 2016 #19

    Good news. .Actually don't know what I did but I tried to run the adaptor that I bought when some how I got a reply from the win10 program that I had a corrupted disk problem and do I want to correct it. It took a long time but it was able to correct the problem. I'm not sure exactly what I did but I think I have to give credit to win10. I probably could now put the hd drive back in my old computer which I will do sometime, but now it is handy to let it on the adaptor as another place to store or retrieve data.
    Thanks to every body what help me
    The adapter was the following:
    Bipra usb 2.0 to sats/ide adaptor with power adapter $25 from Amazon
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 11,221
    W10Prox64
       13 May 2016 #20

    Roehrle said: View Post
    Good news. .Actually don't know what I did but I tried to run the adaptor that I bought when some how I got a reply from the win10 program that I had a corrupted disk problem and do I want to correct it. It took a long time but it was able to correct the problem. I'm not sure exactly what I did but I think I have to give credit to win10. I probably could now put the hd drive back in my old computer which I will do sometime, but now it is handy to let it on the adaptor as another place to store or retrieve data.
    Thanks to every body what help me
    The adapter was the following:
    Bipra usb 2.0 to sats/ide adaptor with power adapter $25 from Amazon
    That's good news Roehrle. It probably ran a chkdsk. If you put that drive back in the old machine and it works, you can install and run Belarc Advisor, get your keycode for Office, and compare it to what you have written down.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Related Threads
Default printer in OpenOffice in Software and Apps
Hi, We're having a problem with setting a default printer in OO. Every time we select a printer; after the program is shutdown and starts up again it reverts to the XPS Writer as default. I've already unchecked the box that loads the printer...
Hello All, I was wondering how to add the applications appearing on Windows 10 Start Menu to Windows Start Screen, that too in a specific location on the start screen, with a specific tile size and under a specific application group? Do you...
I'm running the RTM on a netbook and have noticed that, unlike in Windows 7/8/8.1, I'm no longer able to hit Start and type in an executable. I have a bunch of portable apps that I typically type in and pull up. Now, the Start menu search pulls up...
hello. I wanted to add some programs to the top of the left side of the start menu (free space on the screenshoot). I have read about the "Pin to Start List" if you rightclick while holding shift. But this seems not to be working anymore!?!?! Is...
Using OpenOffice in Software and Apps
I've been using MSWord for years. I am now using OpenOffice Writer. With the dozens of files I made with Word which have a file extension of DOC or DOCX. If I click on one of those files it will open MSWord but I want them to open OpenOffice Writer...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:59.
Find Us