Windows 10: Will Classic Shell work on Windows 10

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

  1. Posts : 4,765
    windows 10 Home threshold2
       20 May 2016 #31

    Ivo said: View Post
    I think the problem is that the certificate that signed the EXE was revoked few days ago. I had to revoke it and get a new one because the old certificate didn't satisfy the security requirements that Microsoft enabled earlier this year.

    There will be an update to Classic Shell tomorrow that should fix the problem.
    There will also be a new beta version with a ton of new features and better support for the latest Insider builds.
    Any chance you will post back when the "fix " is implemented.
    Thank you.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    20 May 2016 #32

    Just keep an eye on the Classic Shell website at Classic Shell - Start menu and other Windows enhancements
    .
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    21 May 2016 #33

    New Classic Shell releases


    Two new versions were just released:
    4.2.6 beta - many new features, skinning for the taskbar, Redstone fixes, and others. More about it here: http://www.classicshell.net/forum/vi...php?f=4&t=6073
    4.2.5c - a re-release of 4.2.5 with updated certificate. Download it if you are getting certificate warnings.

    Download both from the main page: www.classicshell.net
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 4,765
    windows 10 Home threshold2
       21 May 2016 #34

    Ivo said: View Post
    Two new versions were just released:
    4.2.6 beta - many new features, skinning for the taskbar, Redstone fixes, and others. More about it here: http://www.classicshell.net/forum/vi...php?f=4&t=6073
    4.2.5c - a re-release of 4.2.5 with updated certificate. Download it if you are getting certificate warnings.

    Download both from the main page: www.classicshell.net
    Thank you.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 21,930
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       21 May 2016 #35

    Ivo said: View Post
    Two new versions were just released:
    4.2.6 beta - many new features, skinning for the taskbar, Redstone fixes, and others. More about it here: http://www.classicshell.net/forum/vi...php?f=4&t=6073
    4.2.5c - a re-release of 4.2.5 with updated certificate. Download it if you are getting certificate warnings.

    Download both from the main page: www.classicshell.net
    Thank you, @Ivo! 4.2.6 beta on 14342... First things I noticed: Click Start Button now works for go to Start Menu - Search box now defaults to focused without mouse click - Metro Apps have the "Uninstall" option back. Still working with it! Also, was not rejected by MS install, did not change name or any other "tricks", just ran as admin, over 4.2.5. Again, thanks!!
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 11,234
    W10Prox64
       21 May 2016 #36

    Ivo said: View Post
    Two new versions were just released:
    4.2.6 beta - many new features, skinning for the taskbar, Redstone fixes, and others. More about it here: http://www.classicshell.net/forum/vi...php?f=4&t=6073
    4.2.5c - a re-release of 4.2.5 with updated certificate. Download it if you are getting certificate warnings.

    Download both from the main page: www.classicshell.net
    Cheers Ivo!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    22 May 2016 #37

    Ivo said: View Post
    Two new versions were just released:
    4.2.6 beta - many new features, skinning for the taskbar, Redstone fixes, and others. More about it here: http://www.classicshell.net/forum/vi...php?f=4&t=6073
    4.2.5c - a re-release of 4.2.5 with updated certificate. Download it if you are getting certificate warnings.

    Download both from the main page: www.classicshell.net
    Thanks very much for the updates -- this is a great product!!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    19 Jun 2016 #38

    Beware of Classic Shell with Win10!
    With some installed programs, but not all: Click Start > enter program name > Enter . . and A)the program won't run, and B) hitting WinKey will not open the Start menu, and to get the Start menu working you have to reboot via holding the computer's power button for five seconds.
    I've uninstalled Classic Shell and the WinKey and Start menu are back to normal.
    Beware of Classic Shell with Win10.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 21,930
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       19 Jun 2016 #39

    beau said: View Post
    Beware of Classic Shell with Win10!
    With some installed programs, but not all: Click Start > enter program name > Enter . . and A)the program won't run, and B) hitting WinKey will not open the Start menu, and to get the Start menu working you have to reboot via holding the computer's power button for five seconds.
    I've uninstalled Classic Shell and the WinKey and Start menu are back to normal.
    Beware of Classic Shell with Win10.
    You may have a bad install of Classic Shell or the settings are not correct. It works fine here on the current build (10586) and the Insider build (14367). Use version 4.2.7, it's fine. There also may be other problems with your general setup that are causing issues, but that is another subject.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  10.    19 Jun 2016 #40

    beau said: View Post
    Beware of Classic Shell with Win10!
    With some installed programs, but not all: Click Start > enter program name > Enter . . and A)the program won't run, and B) hitting WinKey will not open the Start menu, and to get the Start menu working you have to reboot via holding the computer's power button for five seconds.
    I've uninstalled Classic Shell and the WinKey and Start menu are back to normal.
    Beware of Classic Shell with Win10.
    Hi, never had any such problems with it.
    Windows key opens it, as does clicking the start button, windows key + SHIFT opens Windows start menu. Windows key + X opens the basic ancillary start menu.

    Perhaps you have some conflicting hot key?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Related Threads
I won't use it, but here it is... Classic Shell - Start menu and other Windows enhancements :)
Ver.4.20 Classic Shell
Will Classic Shell work in Win10 in Software and Apps
Haven't tried it yet but does anyone know if classic shell will work in Win10TP?
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:47.
Find Us