Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

  1. Joined : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 23,939
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       08 Apr 2016 #11

    badrobot said: View Post
    Thanks. I added one step which is enabling "Developer Mode" first.
    I'll check that out later today.

    Again.. thanks for the great thread!

    Jeff
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Nov 2015
    Posts : 4,766
    windows 10 Home threshold2
       08 Apr 2016 #12

    caperjack said: View Post
    Rebooting my win10 now to install latest updates to 14316
    edit -
    just checked it ,it must be a big update ,its installing part 1 of 3 ,first time I ever seen it do that I think
    Remember in the past we saw a big semi circle and a % in the center, under that they were 3 "categories " ? (see screenshot below).

    I think the "part 1 of 3 parts" are exactly that.
    A new way to show the % of installation progress, I suppose.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Insider build %.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	25.7 KB 
ID:	73744
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Mar 2014
    Cape Breton Nova Scotia ,Canada
    Posts : 2,926
    insider build 10586.3 win10 pro 64
       08 Apr 2016 #13

    davidhk said: View Post
    Remember in the past we saw a big semi circle and a % in the center, under that they were 3 "categories " ? (see screenshot below).

    I think the "part 1 of 3 parts" are exactly that.
    A new way to show the % of installation progress, I suppose.
    you are likely right about that ,makes sense
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Mar 2015
    New Mexico
    Posts : 994
    Windows 10 Pro,
       08 Apr 2016 #14

    I have been using Ubuntu BASH on Windows 10 for a couple of days now, and here are a couple of real quick observations. Contrary to what the OP said, there is no need for SUDO on BASH in Windows 10, when you open BASH you are already root. This is wrong and goes against everything that Ubuntu and Linux in general stands for.

    Also, I have used this app to try a lot of different things and some commands just don't work. Like

    top

    it does not do anything in BASH on Windows 10 but it is a handy command in an actual Ubuntu installation.

    I think that this app is a joke and I can't see any practical use for it, but I am still playing with it to come to grips with its function.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Nov 2013
    Toronto
    Posts : 4,289
    Win 10 Pro x64
       08 Apr 2016 #15

    Rocky said: View Post
    I have been using Ubuntu BASH on Windows 10 for a couple of days now, and here are a couple of real quick observations. Contrary to what the OP said, there is no need for SUDO on BASH in Windows 10, when you open BASH you are already root. This is wrong and goes against everything that Ubuntu and Linux in general stands for.

    Also, I have used this app to try a lot of different things and some commands just don't work. Like

    top

    it does not do anything in BASH on Windows 10 but it is a handy command in an actual Ubuntu installation.

    I think that this app is a joke and I can't see any practical use for it, but I am still playing with it to come to grips with its function.
    @Rocky , all the "sudos" I did above are not for Windows 10. I was controlling my Raspberry Pi running Rasbian OS remotely on Windows 10. I said "sudo away" to connote start using bash. It's an expression for Linux geeks.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Mar 2015
    New Mexico
    Posts : 994
    Windows 10 Pro,
       08 Apr 2016 #16

    Cool, sounds good to me.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Mar 2014
    Cape Breton Nova Scotia ,Canada
    Posts : 2,926
    insider build 10586.3 win10 pro 64
       08 Apr 2016 #17

    I got it to connect to the Pi today ,all is a go now ! upward and onward .lol
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Nov 2013
    Toronto
    Posts : 4,289
    Win 10 Pro x64
       08 Apr 2016 #18

    caperjack said: View Post
    I got it to connect to the Pi today ,all is a go now ! upward and onward .lol
    Time to sudo-away!

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sudo_apt_get_install_a_life_rectangular_sticker-rccfca15d384a4b9692383713357c3efd_v9wxo_8byvr_32.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	9.4 KB 
ID:	73804
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Mar 2014
    Cape Breton Nova Scotia ,Canada
    Posts : 2,926
    insider build 10586.3 win10 pro 64
       08 Apr 2016 #19

    if I switch my Pi, and try to connect to another one, I get this message , I rebooted windows ,no difference ,I know the host is different I changed it ,,,any ideas ..
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Nov 2013
    Toronto
    Posts : 4,289
    Win 10 Pro x64
       08 Apr 2016 #20

    @caperjack , I can't replicate your issue. I've tried connecting my 2 Pi's and I was able to connect both of them at the same time. And both are in use (playing music)...

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016_04_08_23_19_531.png 
Views:	3 
Size:	267.5 KB 
ID:	73854
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Microsoft set to announce bash on Linux running on Windows 10
Read more at source Microsoft set to announce bash on Linux running on Windows 10
Windows 10 News
Here's how Microsoft will support Bash on Windows 10
Read more: Here's how Microsoft will support Bash on Windows 10 | ZDNet See also: Run Bash on Ubuntu on Windows | Building Apps for Windows
Windows 10 News
Dota2 lagging hard after installing some programs; Running NVIDIA
Yesterday I was playing Dota2 and everything seemed fine. Afterwards I installed Aptana Studio, Node.js, and some Microsoft Redistributable packages that it said were necessary. Now My entire computer is lagging. I can't figure out why.
Graphic Cards
Running two Windows 10
Is it possible to 64bit on one drive and 32bit on another? I tried and it ran fine for a day or two, then my drives became corrupt.
General Support
Caution if running WindowBlinds before installing Win 10
If you run Stardock Windowblinds then please uninstall it before performing an upgrade installation of Win 10. If you don't then a vertical taskbar configuration may get corrupted. This happened to me and in Win 10 a vertical taskbar takes up...
General Support
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:28.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums