1.    24 Mar 2016 #1
    Join Date : Feb 2016
    Posts : 32
    Win 7/10

    How do I run the Win 10 app store in admin mode?!


    How do I run the Win 10 app store in admin mode?! Or even find it!? Getting a very persistent 0x80070005 error; and, as usual nobody at the MS site gives sh*t. Seriously, though, I want to run the store as Admin, and hope maybe it will install my app properly then.

    https://social.technet.microsoft.com...10itprogeneral
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    24 Mar 2016 #2
    Join Date : Mar 2015
    Posts : 234
    Windows 10 Pro (x64)

    Did you create a new user account on Windows as suggested in the first post?

    Create a new user, a local account, login to it then convert to a Microsoft account.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    24 Mar 2016 #3
    Join Date : Feb 2016
    Posts : 32
    Win 7/10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by logicearth View Post
    Did you create a new user account on Windows as suggested in the first post?

    Create a new user, a local account, login to it then convert to a Microsoft account.
    Creating a new local account is, essentially, like starting Win 10 from scratch (with clean desktop and nothing installed under it). And what does 'convert to a Microsoft account' even mean?! So, yeah, didn't do that.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    24 Mar 2016 #4
    Join Date : Feb 2016
    Posts : 32
    Win 7/10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by meimeiriver View Post
    Creating a new local account is, essentially, like starting Win 10 from scratch (with clean desktop and nothing installed under it). And what does 'convert to a Microsoft account' even mean?! So, yeah, didn't do that.
    Actually tried to create a new MS account, but is says '*If you already use a Microsoft service, go Back to sign in with that account.' And my existing account is tied to my Office 365, PST folders, etc. Not gonna hose my entire system because someone made a generic helpdesk suggestion.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    24 Mar 2016 #5
    Join Date : Mar 2015
    Posts : 234
    Windows 10 Pro (x64)

    I'm not telling you to create a new Microsoft account. All you need to do is create a new test user account on Windows, once you make this test user you are going to login to it then convert it to your existing Microsoft account.

    Follow option 3 here: User Account - Add in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

    Then follow: Microsoft Account - Switch to in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

    After that test the store. If it works it likely means your user profile is corrupted. If it doesn't then is means the OS needs to be repaired.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    24 Mar 2016 #6
    Join Date : Feb 2016
    Posts : 32
    Win 7/10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by logicearth View Post
    I'm not telling you to create a new Microsoft account. All you need to do is create a new test user account on Windows, once you make this test user you are going to login to it then convert it to your existing Microsoft account.

    Follow option 3 here: User Account - Add in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

    Then follow: Microsoft Account - Switch to in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

    After that test the store. If it works it likely means your user profile is corrupted. If it doesn't then is means the OS needs to be repaired.
    That makes sense. Thx. Guess I misunderstood you. Gonna give that a try.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    26 Mar 2016 #7
    Join Date : Dec 2013
    Portsmouth Hampshire
    Posts : 1,870
    Windows 10 x86 14383 Insider Pro and Core 10240

    You cannot run Windows Store or any store or modern Apps as administrator - it's a security measure that protects your system. They are all sandboxed for safety.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  8.    26 Mar 2016 #8
    Join Date : Feb 2016
    Posts : 32
    Win 7/10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Fafhrd View Post
    You cannot run Windows Store or any store or modern Apps as administrator - it's a security measure that protects your system. They are all sandboxed for safety.
    Well, that solves that then. Thx.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Personalization in Win10 mode different than in Win7 mode
I'm not sure why the screen shot ended up so small, but it's easy enough to replicate that this should suffice. Can anyone explain why selecting Personalization in Win10 mode (right-click on desktop -> Personalize) presents different options...
Customization
Solved Default store apps corrupted (including Store)
I am having some trouble getting the default store apps to work. As for the store itself, it used to briefly show the splash then crash. Now it is just an unknown file type that doesn't do anything when clicked. I have tried some of the more common...
Software and Apps
Solved Are Moden Apps the same in desktop mode as tablet mode?
My apologies if this question seems basic, but I really am confused. I'm trying to understand why I would want to use tablet mode. Apart from the minimize, maximize and "x" buttons found in desktop mode. Aren't the modern tile apps that you can...
Software and Apps
Launch Chrome in Windows 8 Mode while in Tablet Mode?
I have an Asus Transformer Book, and when I pull the tablet part off the keyboard, Windows 10 automatically switches into tablet mode. I'm wondering if it's possible to have Chrome automatically open into WIndows 8 Mode when Windows 10 is in tablet...
Browsers and Email
Store Games not signing in as my store login
My PC email and my Xbox email are different and I don't want to make a whole new account on my PC for this to work. I'm on build 10240. Sorry if this a confusing lol. So when I go to the store on my pc and download one of the games that say Xbox...
General Support
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:52.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums