Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
  1.    09 Aug 2017 #31
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 17,872
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16281

    Quote Originally Posted by Fifth313ment View Post
    Hey guys, new to the forum. Running Windows 10 Pro Version 1703 BUILD 15063.540 and the newest build of Office 2016 Pro version 1707 Build 8236.2058. I did the above and changed the reg key to 4 and locked it to read only. Now I'm stuck on colorful, even if I change the theme in the app. I think M$ removed the black theme from non-365 builds. Does anyone have any ideas or more information as I'm bumping this thread from back in April it seems, lol. It's crazy as we pay for Office and then cant use certain features as we're not dumb enough to spend $100 per year for life and instead buy the retail version, lol? Thanks again...
    I'm on the Insider Preview of Office 365 ProPlus 8326.2070, which is the conservative version; there are others who are further out there on the cutting edge.

    I have Colorful, Dark Gray, Black and White. I've checked them all and they work. For myself, I use colorful.

    Dumb question, but have you checked for updates lately?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    09 Aug 2017 #32
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 3,808
    10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Fifth313ment View Post
    I think M$ removed the black theme from non-365 builds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wynona View Post
    I'm on the Insider Preview of Office 365 ProPlus
    They aren't using 365 though - that was their point.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    09 Aug 2017 #33
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 17,872
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16281

    Quote Originally Posted by lx07 View Post
    They aren't using 365 though - that was their point.
    Oops! I misread. That stinks! Gonna go back and read to see where I went wrong.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    09 Aug 2017 #34
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 17,872
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16281

    Quote Originally Posted by lx07 View Post
    They aren't using 365 though - that was their point.
    OK, I see where I messed up:

    Originally Posted by Fifth313ment

    Hey guys, new to the forum. Running Windows 10 Pro Version 1703 BUILD 15063.540 and the newest build of Office 2016 Pro version 1707 Build 8236.2058. I did the above and changed the reg key to 4 and locked it to read only. Now I'm stuck on colorful, even if I change the theme in the app. I think M$ removed the black theme from non-365 builds. Does anyone have any ideas or more information as I'm bumping this thread from back in April it seems, lol. It's crazy as we pay for Office and then cant use certain features as we're not dumb enough to spend $100 per year for life and instead buy the retail version, lol? Thanks again...

    The bolded red statement "newest build" makes me think the OP is speaking to Office 365 2016 Preview. I missed the second statement that clarifies (more or less) that he obviously has the standalone version of Office.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    09 Aug 2017 #35

    My office just updated. I am on Pro Plus version 1707 build 8326.2070. Still no black. You'd think they'd add the option to honour if its white/black system theme.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  6.    09 Aug 2017 #36
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 17,872
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16281

    Quote Originally Posted by swarfega View Post
    My office just updated. I am on Pro Plus version 1707 build 8326.2070. Still no black. You'd think they'd add the option to honour if its white/black system theme.
    Let me see if Screenpresso got this:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2017-08-09_19h35_21.png 
Views:	28 
Size:	5.3 KB 
ID:	148088

    Wow, finally got one to "take"!

    This is from my Office ProPlus Version 1707 (Build 8326.2070 Click to Run) I've tried all options and each one has worked just fine.

    I don't understand why others aren't getting the options I'm getting.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    09 Aug 2017 #37
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Texas
    Posts : 11,006
    Windows 10 Pro X64

    Quote Originally Posted by Wynona View Post
    Let me see if Screenpresso got this:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2017-08-09_19h35_21.png 
Views:	28 
Size:	5.3 KB 
ID:	148088

    Wow, finally got one to "take"!

    This is from my Office ProPlus Version 1707 (Build 8326.2070 Click to Run) I've tried all options and each one has worked just fine.

    I don't understand why others aren't getting the options I'm getting.
    What channel is your Office ProPlus Version 1707 (Build 8326.2070 Click to Run)
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    09 Aug 2017 #38
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 17,872
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16281

    Quote Originally Posted by Dude View Post
    What channel is your Office ProPlus Version 1707 (Build 8326.2070 Click to Run)
    Channel? I don't understand, but I'd think that if we both have the same exact version, we should have the same options?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    09 Aug 2017 #39
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Texas
    Posts : 11,006
    Windows 10 Pro X64

    I mean the retail version, not O365 shows this, and black theme is not available
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	channel.PNG 
Views:	28 
Size:	11.2 KB 
ID:	148095

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	channel2.PNG 
Views:	4 
Size:	19.1 KB 
ID:	148096
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    09 Aug 2017 #40
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 17,872
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16281

    Quote Originally Posted by Dude View Post
    I mean the retail version, not O365 shows this, and black theme is not available
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	channel.PNG 
Views:	28 
Size:	11.2 KB 
ID:	148095

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	channel2.PNG 
Views:	4 
Size:	19.1 KB 
ID:	148096
    I hate to appear so dumb, Doug, but what you're showing me is the "standalone" retail version? It's not a subscription?

    I'm an Office 365 Insider, which is why I have a version so far ahead, I think. Swarfega is probably an Office Insider too, since our versions match.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Office 2016 latest update BLACK Theme
Hi there YMMV but I'm not so sure about this one --it has a certain charm and probably will be liked by younger users on these boards -- however it's worth a look. After latest Office 2016 update there's the BLACK Theme . I don't have Office...
Software and Apps
November Win10 Update caused Office 2016 icons and others to disappear
This was a pretty odd thing especially considering the effect. In the normal Startup or on the task-bar the icons for each program are where I put them and look and work normally. However, on my desktop itself, they only show up as white squares....
General Support
Office Office 2016 Preview—update 2 now available
Source: Office 2016 Preview update 2 - Office Blogs Get Office 2016: Office 2016 Preview download page (direct) Get Office 2016 Preview (32 bit) (direct) Get Office 2016 Preview (64 bit)
Windows 10 News
Office Office 2016 on Windows Preview update
Source: http://blogs.office.com/2015/06/04/office-2016-on-windows-preview-update/
Windows 10 News
Office Screenshots from latest Office 2016 build reveals new colorful theme
Read more: Leaked screenshots from latest Office 2016 build reveals new colorful theme | Windows Central
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:36.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums