Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    28 Feb 2016 #11
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 299
    Win-10 Pro x64

    Do not forget to uncheck Saved Form Information and Saved Passwords, if you store them in your browser.
    Same for Windows Error Reporting and Windows Event logs, if you use the Reliability History and Event Logs.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    29 Feb 2016 #12
    Join Date : Feb 2016
    Posts : 302
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    I'm not sure what you mean by storing passwords in my browser. I keep a password protected document w/all my passwords and usernames, but I do, of course, use my browser when I navigate to a site where I have to use my passwords. I'm not going to use C Cleaner until I have a better understanding of it, or at least till I know what my password is on this forum. That's right...my password has been reset so many times that I don't know what my current one is.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    29 Feb 2016 #13
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Trnava
    Posts : 2,982
    10.4 Home 1709 x64

    Remember passwords and fill out web forms - but it is not considered very safe.

    Password protected document can be easily opened, it is better to encrypt it, you will not notice a difference, you will still open a document with a password. you can try something like AxCrypt.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    29 Feb 2016 #14
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 40,237
    Windows10Pro 64Bit

    I gave up trying to keep a list, or remembering all my passwords years ago. I bought a password manager called RoboForm 7 years ago, its keeps all my passwords, for me, can make new passwords that are VERY difficult to hack. can be password protected. Can fill out forms for me. Runs in the back ground, always their when I need it.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  5.    29 Feb 2016 #15
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Posts : 344
    Windows 10 Pro x64, Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1, Windows 8.1 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by OldMike65 View Post
    I gave up trying to keep a list, or remembering all my passwords years ago. I bought a password manager called RoboForm 7 years ago, its keeps all my passwords, for me, can make new passwords that are VERY difficult to hack. can be password protected. Can fill out forms for me. Runs in the back ground, always their when I need it.
    Same here.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    29 Feb 2016 #16
    Join Date : Feb 2016
    Posts : 302
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Another c cleaner question


    I was going to run C Cleaner and I've never used the "option" button to save cookies. The cookies on this forum was the main thing I wanted to keep from being deleted. Does this image look like I've accomplished that? (windows10forums.com). I'm not going to run C Cleaner until I get an affirmative answer. I'm in no hurry to run it, so I'll wait until I hear from someone on this forum who can assure me that I have CC set to keep these cookies Thanks. (Looks like I saved 2 of the snips...obviously they are both the same).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Capture.PNG  
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    29 Feb 2016 #17
    Join Date : Feb 2014
    Posts : 9,502
    Windows 10 Professional

    Quote Originally Posted by Fred22 View Post
    I was going to run C Cleaner and I've never used the "option" button to save cookies. The cookies on this forum was the main thing I wanted to keep from being deleted. Does this image look like I've accomplished that? (windows10forums.com). I'm not going to run C Cleaner until I get an affirmative answer. I'm in no hurry to run it, so I'll wait until I hear from someone on this forum who can assure me that I have CC set to keep these cookies Thanks. (Looks like I saved 2 of the snips...obviously they are both the same).
    Yes you have.
    I doesn't really matter if you delete the cookies, they'll get set again the next time you visit the site. The pages just won't load as fast the first time.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  8.    29 Feb 2016 #18
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    Posts : 12,968
    Windows 10 Pro

    Not exactly, windows10forums is a different forum from Windows 10 Forums ("www.tenforums.com")
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  9.    29 Feb 2016 #19
    Join Date : Feb 2014
    Posts : 9,502
    Windows 10 Professional

    Quote Originally Posted by axe0 View Post
    Not exactly, windows10forums is a different forum from Windows 10 Forums ("www.tenforums.com")
    WHOA! Good catch! My bad!
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  10.    29 Feb 2016 #20
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Posts : 1,962
    Windows 7

    Plus there is windows10forum

    Windows 10 forum - CNET
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Kaspersky Cleaner For Windows, Freeware CCleaner Alternative
Kaspersky Cleaner For Windows, Freeware CCleaner Alternative From Kaspersky Lab 65881 Read more: https://www.mytechguide.org/163561/kaspersky-cleaner-for-windows-free-ccleaner-alternative/ Homepage:...
Windows 10 News
Kaspersky Cleaner
Kaspersky Lab is well known for its security products. While itís popular products like Kaspersky Antivirus and Kaspersky Internet Security are paid solutions, Kaspersky Lab does offer couple of free tools for Windows operating system. One of them...
Software and Apps
Windows cleaner, registry cleaner recomendations PLEASE!
I have used Ccleaner and REVO to clean and maintain my Windows environment. So I am looking for your thoughts and comments as to what you recommend for cleaning Windows and Windows registry. And if you could add why I would really appreciate it....
Performance & Maintenance
EDGE - cleaner reading doesn't work
Hi there How do you enable the "Cleaner Reading" panel. Mine just shows a blue area and stops. Using Insider build 10532 W10 Pro edition X64 36414 Cheers jimbo
Browsers and Email
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:21.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums