1.    24 Feb 2016 #1
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Midlands UK
    Posts : 66
    Windows 10 Home 64bit 1703.

    Problem with Windows Media Player stopped loading.


    I have set Windows Media Player as the default player for .mp3but have a problem that although WMP is on the start menu when I double clickon it or its shortcut it will just flicker and not load.
    I have tried different ways to play the .mp3 files by rightclicking on a file and open it but get an error message as shown below.
    How can I get WMP to load as it seems to be corrupted?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016-02-24_16-28-16.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	22.8 KB 
ID:	66085

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016-02-24_16-21-02.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	79.3 KB 
ID:	66086
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    24 Feb 2016 #2
    Join Date : Sep 2014
    Posts : 340
    Window 10

    Quote Originally Posted by scopio View Post
    I have set Windows Media Player as the default player for .mp3but have a problem that although WMP is on the start menu when I double clickon it or its shortcut it will just flicker and not load.
    I have tried different ways to play the .mp3 files by rightclicking on a file and open it but get an error message as shown below.
    How can I get WMP to load as it seems to be corrupted?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016-02-24_16-21-02.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	79.3 KB 
ID:	66086
    I had an issue with WMP that was solved by removing it from the Windows Features/Media features (unchecking the box seen in your post), restarting, and then re-enabling it, and then restarting. When I then launched WMP it rebuilt its music library and everything worked correctly. You might give this process a try.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    24 Feb 2016 #3
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 4,891
    windows 10 Home threshold2

    If all suggestions fail to solve the issue, install VLC player.
    It is free.
    It can play DVDs as well ( WMP cannot.)
    It does NOT have the codecs restrictions like WMP has. It plays almost all types of formats.
    It is well known and widely used.

    http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-windows.html
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    24 Feb 2016 #4
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Midlands UK
    Posts : 66
    Windows 10 Home 64bit 1703.
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by PJLLB View Post
    I had an issue with WMP that was solved by removing it from the Windows Features/Media features (unchecking the box seen in your post), restarting, and then re-enabling it, and then restarting. When I then launched WMP it rebuilt its music library and everything worked correctly. You might give this process a try.
    Thanks I will try to uninstall it and reinstall it as you suggest. Thank you.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    24 Feb 2016 #5
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Midlands UK
    Posts : 66
    Windows 10 Home 64bit 1703.
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by davidhk View Post
    If all suggestions fail to solve the issue, install VLC player.
    It is free.
    It can play DVDs as well ( WMP cannot.)
    It does NOT have the codecs restrictions like WMP has. It plays almost all types of formats.
    It is well known and widely used.

    http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-windows.html
    Thanks for you suggestion. I already have VLC installed.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    25 Feb 2016 #6
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Midlands UK
    Posts : 66
    Windows 10 Home 64bit 1703.
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by PJLLB View Post
    I had an issue with WMP that was solved by removing it from the Windows Features/Media features (unchecking the box seen in your post), restarting, and then re-enabling it, and then restarting. When I then launched WMP it rebuilt its music library and everything worked correctly. You might give this process a try.
    I tried uninstalling and re-installing WMP as you suggested but it didn't work for me probably because the problem must have been with Windows itself so I had to restore from an image backup and all went well and got WMP working again. Anyway thanks again for your input.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    26 Feb 2016 #7
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 4,891
    windows 10 Home threshold2

    Quote Originally Posted by scopio View Post
    I tried uninstalling and re-installing WMP as you suggested but it didn't work for me probably because the problem must have been with Windows itself so I had to restore from an image backup and all went well and got WMP working again. Anyway thanks again for your input.
    System image backup and system restore are 2 valuable programs.
    They save my rear end countless times.
    Thank you for posting the solution.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Music in Windows 7 Media Player transferred to Windows 10 Player ?
​I have a lot of music saved into Windows Media Player on Windows 7. I am aware that the new Windows 10 Upgrade will not have Windows Media Player, but that another player will either come within the Upgrade or a new music player is available. So...
Software and Apps
Media Player Plays Nothing, Says Player Might Not Support It
I finally updated my laptop to Win10 and I'm having troubles with Media Player. No matter what media file type (.mp3, .mp4, .wmv, etc.) from whatever location (local drive, across home network, thumb drive), WMP won't play it. All I get is that...
Software and Apps
problem with windows media player
It seems my media player is corrupted since a previous update. It will not play videos without looking like Dr Timothy Leary made them. Is there a place I can download Media Player 12? I went to the Windows download pages but it never has a trigger...
Software and Apps
Media Player Classic Home Cinema problem
Hello, i need your help!:cry: Im using MPC-HC, and the problem is i cant open mkv's videos which have HD resolution(720p,1080p,etc). before, when i played it on Windows 8.1 its working well, but now when im using Windows 10 why its always...
Software and Apps
Windows Media Player encountered a problem while downloading..
Anybody have this problem with WIN 10? No codes were giving, It just says 'Problem while downloading'. I would like to uninstall - reinstall the APP, but WIN 10 is different not like 8.1.. Any help welcomed.
Software and Apps
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:44.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums