Windows 10: PfPre_1796bff2.mkd What is this file?

  1.    23 Feb 2016 #1

    PfPre_1796bff2.mkd What is this file?


    I can never delete this file from my Prefetch.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 126
    Windows 10 x86 Professional
       23 Feb 2016 #2

    You don't have to remove any file from the prefetch folder at all, set up CCleaner to do the work for you and don't go deleting files from prefetch as that can slow down app launch times rather than 'speeding up the system (A common myth).'
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    24 Feb 2016 #3

    Shadow Delta said: View Post
    You don't have to remove any file from the prefetch folder at all, set up CCleaner to do the work for you and don't go deleting files from prefetch as that can slow down app launch times rather than 'speeding up the system (A common myth).'
    Thanks, Shadow, understood. I was curious what this file was nonetheless.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    24 Feb 2016 #4

    It seems to be a genuine part of the prefetch subsystem. I don't know what it does either.

    PS - If you boot to safe mode maybe you can flush the entire prefetch folder. I would leave it alone unless you are doing it for testing purposes.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 9,010
    Windows 10 Professional
       24 Feb 2016 #5

    BuzWeaver said: View Post
    Thanks, Shadow, understood. I was curious what this file was nonetheless.
    It is a 'Markup Language' file, it is in use as your machine is in use.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  6.    24 Feb 2016 #6

    eLPuSHeR said: View Post
    It seems to be a genuine part of the prefetch subsystem. I don't know what it does either.

    PS - If you boot to safe mode maybe you can flush the entire prefetch folder. I would leave it alone unless you are doing it for testing purposes.
    Edwin said: View Post
    It is a 'Markup Language' file, it is in use as your machine is in use.
    Thanks, guys. I appreciate it. I'll just leave it there.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    25 Feb 2016 #7

    You are very welcome.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
Anytime I drag a file(s) in a folder window, a translucent, oversized icon follows the mouse pointer, partially obscuring up to 4 nearby items. Can this effect be disabled? I'm sure somebody at MS thought it was slick idea, but it just gives me a...
At the first after I upgraded my notebook from windows 8 to windows 10, I just realize that 1 of my 3 user account is not exist anymore (the Guest account is not there just after I upgrade it into windows 10). As I tried to make the new Guest...
A brief apology: I'm probably too old to mess with this stuff (pulling 80,) but I like to try. Please be patient with me, and ask for details if I am not stating my problem clearly. I have searched, but could not find this problem already...
I'm trying to copy a ripped movie file (iso) from my G drive to desktop. The file is 45GB. It gets to 99% then a message comes up saying the process can't complete because the System has the file open. I have nothing running and can't find anything...

Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:55.
Find Us