1.    06 Feb 2016 #1
    Join Date : Feb 2016
    São Paulo
    Posts : 18
    Windows 7

    MSMG ToolKit


    Hi Guys, what do we think about this program ? I discory him in forum my digital life.. is a hack ?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    06 Feb 2016 #2
    Join Date : Dec 2013
    Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts : 10,192
    Windows 10 IoT

    Seeing as that site is dedicated to pirating Windows. my guess is even if it's a legit Microsoft utility, its not being used as it was intended. What is it you want to do with it?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    06 Feb 2016 #3
    Join Date : Feb 2016
    São Paulo
    Posts : 18
    Windows 7
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by alphanumeric View Post
    Seeing as that site is dedicated to pirating Windows. my guess is even if it's a legit Microsoft utility, its not being used as it was intended. What is it you want to do with it?
    hi friend actually nothing , it was just a question, and I was glad you told me , I do not like piracy
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    06 Feb 2016 #4
    Join Date : Dec 2013
    Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts : 10,192
    Windows 10 IoT

    I googled it but didn't find any links to Microsoft. Just stuff on MDL and it advised to sign in to view so that was that. I'm not joining that web site. It might be a legitimate Microsoft tool, all depends on what MSMG actually stands for?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    06 Feb 2016 #5
    Join Date : Feb 2016
    São Paulo
    Posts : 18
    Windows 7
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by alphanumeric View Post
    I googled it but didn't find any links to Microsoft. Just stuff on MDL and it advised to sign in to view so that was that. I'm not joining that web site. It might be a legitimate Microsoft tool, all depends on what MSMG actually stands for?
    i believe that this program remove apps and others programs from windows 10 installation and late it is create a .ISO.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    06 Feb 2016 #6
    Join Date : Dec 2013
    Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts : 10,192
    Windows 10 IoT

    Quote Originally Posted by MiTzr0y View Post
    i believe that this program remove apps and others programs from windows 10 installation and late it is create a .ISO.
    In that case its likely fine to use. There are tools for creating custom deployment images. MDOP for example. I've used it so I could create DaRT media. Companies don't want Apps like Candy Crush installed on company PC's.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    07 Feb 2016 #7
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Melbourne
    Posts : 223
    Win 10 Pro X64

    MSMG is just the forum name of the person that created that program. It's a great piece of software to modify the Windows ISO and remove various components as well as integrate updates drivers language packs and more and works very well. I used it to prepare both TH1 and TH2 before installing and my Win 10 pro is without any issues. It has nothing to do with pirating windows regardless of what else in on the MDL forum and they do have many other softwares written by members which also have nothing to do with pirating Windows
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    26 Jul 2016 #8
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    Posts : 91
    Win 7 Ultimate

    Quote Originally Posted by shimshom View Post
    MSMG is just the forum name of the person that created that program. It's a great piece of software to modify the Windows ISO and remove various components as well as integrate updates drivers language packs and more and works very well. I used it to prepare both TH1 and TH2 before installing and my Win 10 pro is without any issues. It has nothing to do with pirating windows regardless of what else in on the MDL forum and they do have many other softwares written by members which also have nothing to do with pirating Windows
    So many such tools.. would love to have clarity on how they are similar and different..


    MSMG
    DISM
    WICD / SIM/ MDT - + Maybe use WDS for distribute?
    AutoUnattend.xml Answers
    Etc.


    To slim & trim the size, the install & boot speeds, and "minimize interaction" & physical presence requirements.


    I'm still curious as to out what MSMG does in comparison to WICD/ SIM/ MDT.
    Downloaded all, reading, learning


    PS: Is there some legit HCL / Upgrade Assistant thing runs on older machines and checks for issues?
    Especially driver issues since I am just Installing/ running OS on the side.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit (EMET) for Windows 10
See: Windows: Moving Beyond Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit (EMET) - Windows 10 Forums Features removed or Deprecated in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update - Windows 10 Forums Update: How to Change Exploit Protection Settings from...
AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
Microsoft releases CNTK, open source deep learning toolkit, on GitHub
Source: Microsoft releases CNTK, its open source deep learning toolkit, on GitHub - Next at Microsoft Download at: GitHub - Microsoft/CNTK: Computational Network Toolkit (CNTK)
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:13.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums