Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    14 Feb 2016 #11

    I did inform MS form the beginning, they have been decidedly unhelpful. I may go back to MS and purchase a key but its against principles. MS have been made fully aware of this company but they declined to answer that as well.

    I do wish someone would come out with an 'alternative windows' so I can kick Gates in the butt.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    14 Feb 2016 #12
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 17,948
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16281

    Quote Originally Posted by elbmek View Post
    I did inform MS form the beginning, they have been decidedly unhelpful. I may go back to MS and purchase a key but its against principles. MS have been made fully aware of this company but they declined to answer that as well.

    I do wish someone would come out with an 'alternative windows' so I can kick Gates in the butt.
    1. Remember that it wasn't Microsoft that cheated you.
    2. Litigation costs money; Microsoft has a Board of Directors the same as most commercial entities do. They choose who they sue for copyright infringement.

    We have to remember that Microsoft is a commercial entity and that they have a right to make a profit. If they gave a free copy of their product every time someone got cheated, they'd lose $Millions! We also have to remember that if there weren't pirates and thieves like those who took advantage of you, Software would cost a whole lot less.

    There is an alternative Windows. We have Google's Chrome OS and Linux. I don't know enough about either to try them, but they're out there for those brave enough.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    14 Feb 2016 #13

    I am not asking for a free copy and it was never mentioned. I want MS to do justice to the public via a 'Microsoft Accredited' third party.

    I dont count linux nearly all I have would not run on it, and the last time I looked, was very Windows 3.11

    Isnt Chrome OS for Android
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    15 Feb 2016 #14
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 24,523
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by elbmek View Post
    I am not asking for a free copy and it was never mentioned. I want MS to do justice to the public via a 'Microsoft Accredited' third party.

    I dont count linux nearly all I have would not run on it, and the last time I looked, was very Windows 3.11

    Isnt Chrome OS for Android
    Various distributions of Linux are very similar to Win7 and are designed much like it. And MS doesn't have to supply you with a key for Office. You have to get it via the third party where you got it from in the first place.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    15 Feb 2016 #15
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Posts : 1,962
    Windows 7
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    15 Feb 2016 #16

    I have libre installed whilst I wait for any action. I am not particularly in favour of it, but thats comes with experience I presume. Thanks for all the advice, I may well swallow the bullet and pay MS as they offered.

    Bunny J: I'll have a look at linux again, its been sometime since I last looked.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    15 Feb 2016 #17
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 17,948
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16281

    Quote Originally Posted by whs View Post
    I've found the learning curve on Libre and Open Office pretty steep vs Office 365.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    15 Feb 2016 #18
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Posts : 1,962
    Windows 7

    I use Linux Mint 17.3. with the Mate UI - fantastic. And learning has not hurt anybody yet, LOL.

    Review: Mint 17.3 may be the best Linux desktop distro yet | Ars Technica
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    15 Feb 2016 #19
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Poole Dorset UK
    Posts : 2,567
    Windows 10 x64 Home Version(1709) Build16299.125

    Quote Originally Posted by Wynona View Post
    I've found the learning curve on Libre and Open Office pretty steep vs Office 365.
    Open Office is a lot better than Libre
    I used Open Office when I was on windows 8.1
    But since coming to 10 have managed to use Office 365 and 2016 with my Printer
    Which when had 8.1 could not get it to work.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    15 Feb 2016 #20
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 4,892
    windows 10 Home threshold2

    Quote Originally Posted by elbmek View Post
    I have libre installed whilst I wait for any action. I am not particularly in favour of it, but thats comes with experience I presume. Thanks for all the advice, I may well swallow the bullet and pay MS as they offered.

    Bunny J: I'll have a look at linux again, its been sometime since I last looked.
    Don't rush unless it is job related.
    That said, if finance is ok, MS Office is preferable, in my opinion.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved Office 2016 (32 bit) next to Office 2013 (64 bit)
hi guys, is it possible to install Office 2016 32 bit next to Office 2013 (64 bit)? I hate reinstalling Office 2013 if the 2016 version is not good enough. Have to many rules that i have to recreate every time, also to many mails i need to...
Software and Apps
Office 2013 issues, upgraded to Office 2016...
Since upgrading my main desktop to Windows 10, I began having trouble with my Office 2013 installation. I would get the "swirling circle" and the "application has stopped responding" error messages very frequently. I was able to buy the Office 2016...
Software and Apps
Solved office 2013
So i installed my office 2013 and it i guess trying to install the update threw windows update seems like service pack 1 is stuck at 14% and never moves. any idea or way to restart the updates
Software and Apps
Solved Office 2010 or Office 2013 ? Help Me Decide
Clean installing Windows 10 and have both Office 2010 and Office 2013 available and your thoughts on which should I use. I have been running Office 2010 on my systems and mainly basic use of Word and Excel. Also x86 or x64? Also would my files...
Software and Apps
Office 2013 Pro Plus Customization
I have a copy of Microsoft Office 2013 Pro Plus I got through work. The thing is most of the programs I don't need, and I would like to select which I want to install, but there doesn't seem to be a way to customize the install. Does anyone know...
Software and Apps
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:33.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums