Windows 10: Media Player Solved

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    26 Jan 2016 #1

    Media Player


    For years, I've been using MS Media Player. It took me a while to learn the interface on the last couple versions, but I finally did, and then Windows 10 doesn't have it any more.

    I am NOT an audio file. I've got cheap speakers that are good enough for me, and I don't really listen to music on my computer much anyway. What I'm really looking for is something that will rip and store the music I do have, and then allow me to make playlists which I play on my MP3 player.

    Which media player has the easiest interface for ripping, cataloging, and creating playlists? Any suggestions?

    (I'm old, now, at 68. I was an early adopter of computers in 1980 with my TRS-80 and ZX-80, and I got lost in space about the time they came out with Windows 95, and haven't found my way back since, so be kind with your answer please. I'm worse than a NOOB.)

    Thanks,
    Carl

    Just when I thought I knew everything, they started changing crap around.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    26 Jan 2016 #2

    Carl Windows Media Player can be found by clicking the "start button/all apps/windows accessories/windows media player"
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    26 Jan 2016 #3

    cfuglein said: View Post
    For years, I've been using MS Media Player. It took me a while to learn the interface on the last couple versions, but I finally did, and then Windows 10 doesn't have it any more.

    I am NOT an audio file. I've got cheap speakers that are good enough for me, and I don't really listen to music on my computer much anyway. What I'm really looking for is something that will rip and store the music I do have, and then allow me to make playlists which I play on my MP3 player.

    Which media player has the easiest interface for ripping, cataloging, and creating playlists? Any suggestions?

    (I'm old, now, at 68. I was an early adopter of computers in 1980 with my TRS-80 and ZX-80, and I got lost in space about the time they came out with Windows 95, and haven't found my way back since, so be kind with your answer please. I'm worse than a NOOB.)

    Thanks,
    Carl

    Just when I thought I knew everything, they started changing crap around.
    Media player is still in Win 10, media center is not. I have been a user of media player for many years and still do so in win 10. I have a pretty extensive music collection that I have ripped to mp3 at 192kbts, 115K songs takes up 440GB of storage. I use media player to sort, identify and play the music so I need to be able to move songs in and out of the library quickly and easily and with media player it is a snap.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    26 Jan 2016 #4

    A Solution


    glhs958 said: View Post
    Carl Windows Media Player can be found by clicking the "start button/all apps/windows accessories/windows media player"


    You are my new best friend. I never even thought to look for it since I had read reviews that said the Media Center was gone. I never really used that, just Media Player.

    Thanks so much.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    26 Jan 2016 #5

    pat247 said: View Post
    Media player is still in Win 10, media center is not. I have been a user of media player for many years and still do so in win 10. I have a pretty extensive music collection that I have ripped to mp3 at 192kbts, 115K songs takes up 440GB of storage. I use media player to sort, identify and play the music so I need to be able to move songs in and out of the library quickly and easily and with media player it is a snap.
    Thanks also for replying. Looks like both of you posted about the same time. You, too, are my other new best friend.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    26 Jan 2016 #6

    Now the question remains. For when MS no longer supports Media Player, which new media player has the best interface?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 4,767
    windows 10 Home threshold2
       26 Jan 2016 #7

    cfuglein said: View Post
    Now the question remains. For when MS no longer supports Media Player, which new media player has the best interface?
    Who said Windows will no longer support Media Player ?

    Where did you find that claim ?

    There is no indication from Microsoft that they will be dumping Media Player. Do you have an inside track on this matter ?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    26 Jan 2016 #8

    -Just in case, I use: 'mediamonkey' as a music interface, it does everything I need. -and the name is cool.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    26 Jan 2016 #9

    davidhk said: View Post
    Who said Windows will no longer support Media Player ?

    Where did you find that claim ?

    There is no indication from Microsoft that they will be dumping Media Player. Do you have an inside track on this matter ?
    I don't see MS dropping Media Player anytime in the future.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    26 Jan 2016 #10

    They just haven't updated it in a long time.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Related Threads
Which do you prefer, and why?
Solved VLC Media Player in Software and Apps
Using this 3rd party player in windows10 ,seems like a good player for DVD's. The only problem I'm having is it will not play the previews on a dvd? Does anyone use this player and is it possible to play the previews.
I finally updated my laptop to Win10 and I'm having troubles with Media Player. No matter what media file type (.mp3, .mp4, .wmv, etc.) from whatever location (local drive, across home network, thumb drive), WMP won't play it. All I get is that...
media player in Software and Apps
Why is the media player in win10 not capable of ripping songs. It was capable in other versions of windows.
​I have a lot of music saved into Windows Media Player on Windows 7. I am aware that the new Windows 10 Upgrade will not have Windows Media Player, but that another player will either come within the Upgrade or a new music player is available. So...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:30.
Find Us