Windows 10: Windows Media Center

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    25 Jan 2015 #11

    I hope this means that they will be updating WMC.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  2.    25 Jan 2015 #12

    theveterans said: View Post
    Does this mean we won't be able to get the Media Center in Windows 10 for us with 8.1 Pro with Media Center?


    We wouldn't know until MS announces something about it. Win 10 is far from completion.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 8,304
    Windows 10 Professional
       25 Jan 2015 #13

    I'm not altogether sure MS is even going to continue WMC. There's plenty of apps to play DVD's and WMP supports plenty of file types.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  4.    25 Jan 2015 #14

    Edwin said: View Post
    I'm not altogether sure MS is even going to continue WMC. There's plenty of apps to play DVD's and WMP supports plenty of file types.


    I don't see them discontinuing it at this pint. Windows 8 has it and it is more about TV Tuners than DVD. Who even uses DVD anymore. WMC is the only software on the planet that will playback cable card encrypted channels.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    25 Jan 2015 #15

    Deihmos said: View Post
    Edwin said: View Post
    I'm not altogether sure MS is even going to continue WMC. There's plenty of apps to play DVD's and WMP supports plenty of file types.


    I don't see them discontinuing it at this pint. Windows 8 has it and it is more about TV Tuners than DVD. Who even uses DVD anymore. WMC is the only software on the planet that will playback cable card encrypted channels.
    A lot of people still use them. People still cling to older technologies.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    29 Jan 2015 #16

    DKW said: View Post
    Deihmos said: View Post
    Edwin said: View Post
    I'm not altogether sure MS is even going to continue WMC. There's plenty of apps to play DVD's and WMP supports plenty of file types.


    I don't see them discontinuing it at this pint. Windows 8 has it and it is more about TV Tuners than DVD. Who even uses DVD anymore. WMC is the only software on the planet that will playback cable card encrypted channels.
    A lot of people still use them. People still cling to older technologies.
    There truly are not any Media Center software solutions that can match Microsoft's Media Center, and it is not necessarily clinging to older technology, it is really the only superior technology available.

    Without Media Center Windows 10 would be next to useless for our house hold. We use our TVs as our PC screens and Media enter for LiveTV via comcast, saves us $50 a month in set top box fees. If it is not available then Windows 10 is out for us.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 65
    Windows 10 64Bit Build 10240
       06 Apr 2015 #17

    Microsoft have been a little quiet on the subject of media centre if its not part of w10 or released as a plugin at a reasonable price I will not be upgrading even if w10 is free or am I looking in the wrong place for info ???
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    06 Apr 2015 #18

    Arfer Daley said: View Post
    Microsoft have been a little quiet on the subject of media centre if its not part of w10 or released as a plugin at a reasonable price I will not be upgrading even if w10 is free or am I looking in the wrong place for info ???
    Code:
    C:\WINDOWS\system32>Dism /Online /Get-TargetEditions
    
    Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
    Version: 10.0.10049.0
    
    Image Version: 10.0.10049.0
    
    Editions that can be upgraded to:
    
    Target Edition : ProfessionalWMC
    Target Edition : Enterprise
    Target Edition : Education
    
    The operation completed successfully.
    Apparently WMC it exactly the same as currently in Windows 8.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    06 Apr 2015 #19

    I wonder if MS are working on a modern app replacement for WMC to which I won't say no to using.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 5,578
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       06 Apr 2015 #20

    I'm back on 8.1 due to lack of media center, I've tried lots of other TV apps but nothing is as usable as WMC and after months on 10 I reverted back for the WMC.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Related Threads
R.I.P., Windows Media Center in Windows 10 News
Read more:- R.I.P., Windows Media Center | ZDNet
During my recent upgrade of Windows 10 from one build to another, the above two programs landed on my desktop. I am, as can be seen, in the UK, and I very much regret that I do not understand and cannot read Korean, so how can I get rid of them? I...
Hi, Just ran into this and thought I would share, http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_tp-windows_update/media-center-on-windows-10-technical-preview/6e393795-b9c9-4d27-b693-d9eddc293d09 Might be something/ might be nothing...
Windows Media Center in Software and Apps
I've just tested and I was able to add Media Center to Windows 10 with my Windows 8 media center key :party: Although my desktop watermark now shows as Windows 8.1 with media center.
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:23.
Find Us