Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    22 Dec 2015 #1

    Refresh All Apps


    Not all my applications are found in the Windows 10 All Apps list by the Start button. How can I refresh it, or add new apps and programs to it?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    22 Dec 2015 #2
    Join Date : Mar 2014
    Cape Breton Nova Scotia ,Canada
    Posts : 3,536
    insider build 10586.3 win10 pro 64

    hello, just a quick question ,if the apps dont show in all apps, how do you access/open your apps
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    22 Dec 2015 #3
    Join Date : Apr 2015
    Posts : 95
    win 10 pro

    You can resize the start menu by clicking and dragging the edges , you can drag you programs/apps you use and drop them in one of the boxes.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    22 Dec 2015 #4
    Join Date : Feb 2014
    Posts : 9,464
    Windows 10 Professional

    Quote Originally Posted by cfuglein View Post
    Not all my applications are found in the Windows 10 All Apps list by the Start button. How can I refresh it, or add new apps and programs to it?
    Right click on Start, open 'Run', type shell:appsfolder then press Enter.
    All your applications should be in there, if they're not, there's something else wrong.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  5.    26 Jan 2016 #5

    Quote Originally Posted by caperjack View Post
    hello, just a quick question ,if the apps dont show in all apps, how do you access/open your apps
    I search for them in windows explorer and put the frequent ones on my toolbar
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    26 Jan 2016 #6

    Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    Right click on Start, open 'Run', type shell:appsfolder then press Enter.
    All your applications should be in there, if they're not, there's something else wrong.
    This sort of worked. I think there are still some executables missing. If they are in a Program Files folder, should they be in the appsfolder?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    26 Jan 2016 #7
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 3,797
    10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by cfuglein View Post
    This sort of worked. I think there are still some executables missing. If they are in a Program Files folder, should they be in the appsfolder?
    Not necessarily. If you have a portable app that you launch just by clicking the .exe it will not show up there.

    If however you add a shortcut for it to Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs in %appdata% or %programdata% directory then it will also appear in shell:appsfolder.

    Does this match what you are seeing or do you have an example of one that is missing?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    29 Jan 2016 #8

    Quote Originally Posted by lx07 View Post
    Not necessarily. If you have a portable app that you launch just by clicking the .exe it will not show up there.

    If however you add a shortcut for it to Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs in %appdata% or %programdata% directory then it will also appear in shell:appsfolder.

    Does this match what you are seeing or do you have an example of one that is missing?
    I guess I'll have to add some of the shortcuts. One of the downsides of Windows 10, I guess. I would have expected ALL programs to show up on the Start menu. I have shortcuts for most everything somewhere on my desktop or the taskbar. I'm trying to consolidate all the programs I have on my hard drive in one place.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    29 Jan 2016 #9
    Join Date : Mar 2014
    Cape Breton Nova Scotia ,Canada
    Posts : 3,536
    insider build 10586.3 win10 pro 64

    Quote Originally Posted by cfuglein View Post
    I guess I'll have to add some of the shortcuts. One of the downsides of Windows 10, I guess. I would have expected ALL programs to show up on the Start menu. I have shortcuts for most everything somewhere on my desktop or the taskbar. I'm trying to consolidate all the programs I have on my hard drive in one place.
    likely reason why all the programs don't show in start menu [and I think they do if you go to all apps]is that insiders who ran win10 preview for a year or so before its release ,wanted control of what got/they put in the start menu.

    but I could be wrong.......again
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    30 Jan 2016 #10
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    UK
    Posts : 2,158
    Windows 10 Home x64 (Laptop), Windows 10 Pro x64 (Desktop)

    If you install Classic Shell, it should show all of the new style apps under the Apps menu from which you can pin, create a shortcut or uninstall the apps.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Installation & Upgrade Refresh Windows 10
How to Refresh Windows 10 Resetting lets you choose whether to keep your files or remove them, and then reinstalls Windows. For more information, see: Push-button reset (Windows Drivers) Recovery options in Windows 10
Tutorials
Old CRT Refresh Rate Issues
Hello everyone, just built a new PC after about 7 years and I'm coming from XP64. Although I plan on purchasing a new monitor soon I am still using my old ViewSonic G90f CRT. With XP I used ReForce to use refresh rates of 120hz in 640x480/800x600...
Graphic Cards
Solved Refresh or Reset PC
Refresh or Reset Windows 10 removes files in Drive C. or only the partition where the Windows 10 OS is installed?
Installation and Upgrade
Solved Windows 10 reset/refresh
Hi there. I am thinking about resetting Windows 10. (Got too much clutter). Brink had an excellent tutorial on how to accomplish that. What is still unclear to me, is that it talks about inserting Install Media, which makes sense. However, my...
Installation and Upgrade
window refresh itself
I just updated the laptop from Windows 7 to 10. Everytime i open a window, the window keeps moving from the foreground to the background and back again. As a result, when typing, it is impossible to type for more than 3 or 4 keystrock before the...
General Support
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:31.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums